One - Nayeon

Never thought it would be someone like you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

“Ugh. Why do I have to be late today, of all days?” Nayeon mumbled as she rushes towards the university gate, stumbling upon the large crowd.

Today is the start of the festival week and the 1st day is always the most hectic. She should be enjoying the event but instead here she is, running around looking for her friends, her stress level reaching an ultimate high.

One of her best friends, Jeongyeon who’s majoring in Journalism and a member of the school paper asked her a favor a few days ago. Since this event was a big one, they needed an extra hand in their photography department and Nayeon was the first person they asked for help, knowing her love for it, even though she’s not affiliated with the school paper. All it took was a plastic bag full of jellies and lollipops to get her to agree. She’s starting to regret saying yes as she bumps into a student while another steps on her foot, getting her already worn out vans more dirty looking. It was a good thing she wore comfortable clothes today, donning on a red (their school color) hoodie, tattered boyfriend jeans and her favorite sneakers. 

A few minutes passed by when she finally spotted Jeongyeon’s blonde hair from afar. She ran towards her friend’s direction and was about to call out her name when she, again, stumbled into a few students. This time she clashed into someone’s back, when he turned around, his familiar face broke into a smile. “Oh. Hi, Nayeon! Long time no see!” It was Kim Himchan. It’s been a year since she saw him last, before his graduation.

Damn, I have to warn her. She thought, instinctively reaching out to her phone inside her jean pocket.

“Hi!  What are you doing here?” She asked, slightly surprised at his presence.

“We were invited by the guys to come. We missed this place, believe it or not.” Himchan gestured to the rest of his friends. I think it’s not just the place you miss. She smiled at them, her gaze pausing at one particular person. It made her heart skip a beat. He’s also an alumni of the school but she never thought this type of event was his cup of tea.

Bang Yongguk was now sporting a longer hair, his permed bangs almost covering his eyes. But he still has the same penetrating gaze, the same lazy smile, the same gentle demeanor.

How irritating. Nayeon likes everyone and she has no problem making friends or meeting new people being the social butterfly that she is but the guy in front of her irked her like nobody else. She herself is confused as to why. Maybe she thought of him as an arrogant snob or maybe she didn’t like the feeling of being ignored by him. The butterflies in her stomach told her it might be the latter.

“I see. Well, I need to get going now. You guys enjoy yourselves and I’ll see you around. It was nice seeing you again!” She gave them one last smile before running towards Jeongyeon, who apparently saw the encounter and immediately took her by the arm.

“Was that-“ Jeongyeon started.

“Yep.”

“And with him, was it--?

“Yep”

“Did you tell her?”

“I was about to text her. What a way to start the day huh.”

“Yeah. What about you? Are you okay?”

“What? What kind of question is that? Of course I am, my dear Jeongyeon. Why would I be not okay?”

“Cut the crap, Im Nayeon. I know you more than I know my own sister and I know that you don’t have that look on your face because you just saw our friend’s ex-boyfriend. Your face is just like a love sick puppy’s because you just saw our friend’s ex-boyfriend’s bestfriend.”

“W-hat? I-i..” God damn it Jeongyeon.

“Am I right or.. Am I right?”

“Can you be more- Argh! Let’s just get this over with. Where do you want me to go and what do you want me to take?” She asked, unable to hide her annoyed expression while pulling out her camera from her bag. She doesn’t have the energy to argue on how wrong Jeongyeon was.

Jeongyeon laughed loud enough for a few heads

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter