Glue (yeri x you)

Everyday Candy

Your eyebrows furrow and your breath hisses as you scroll through your phone screen. Your fingers collide because of how fast you're typing.

It's another busy day on social media and you owe that to the fact that you have a very stressful hobby -

Exterminating all Red Velvet OT4 stans on the internet.

"YERI IS THE BEST THING TO EVER HAPPEN TO RED VELVET, U DIMWIT." You smash your keypad to reply to a Yeri anti who keeps cropping Yeri out of Red Velvet's recent pictures. You make sure you pepper your comment with bomb, knife, gun and fire emojis to send your message clear. Involuntarily, your fingers reach out to massage your left temple. The existence of these people give you a migraine.

How can they hate Kim Yerim, your girlfriend who is a walking sunshine on the face of the earth??

"What are you so tensed about?" A voice pipes up.

The shock almost knocks the phone out of your hands. It's a good thing you were clutching it angrily in the first place. You prop yourself up the edge of the couch to meet eyes with the walking sunshine herself - Yeri whose blonde hair is now brushing your doorway.

"What? Who's tense? I'm alright here..." You reply, hoping your voice doesn't falter and fail you. You quickly smoothen out your expression as you press the power button on your phone.  Projecting a face of perfect tranquility. you craftily slide away your cellphone from Yeri's sight.

"I could have sworn I saw you staring madly at your phone..." Yeri says, with no intention of dropping the subject. She's walking towards you now and you can feel sweat starting to pool on the hand gripping your phone. It's concealed well but your unsent retaliation comment seems to be sending invisible signals from the dark screen. It makes Yeri's gaze drop exactly on its spot when she sits down on the chair adjacent to you.

"Let me see that." She demands, eyeing your hidden hand so intensely she could bore a hole in it if she wanted to.

"You can't." You respond, tightening your hold on the phone. "I won't let you."

Yeri's left eyebrow arches and you sense a mischievous threat coming up and really - you're 100% correct.

"Give it to me or I'll wrestle you on that couch."

Without a warning, your mind flies into the scenario of her unnies finding Yeri on top of you. Seeing it out of context, Irene would probably chuck her iron at you, Wendy would be filing a ual harassment case, Seulgi would beat you senseless and Joy would be digging your grave without writing an epitaph. A chill runs down your cowardly spine at the thought. In genuine concern for your life, you decide to surrender.  So much for your fake bravado. 

With a resigning sigh, you tell Yeri. "Come here, I'll show you."

Yeri rises from her chair to scoot beside you on the couch. You unlock your phone and pass it to her smaller hands. She stares at the screen for a while and you let her explore your phone all she wants until a low-spirited mutter escapes from her lips.

"Oh, this again."

"You shouldn't see more." You now warn as you maneuver your arm so you can loop it around Yeri's shoulder. Consequently, you cover her eyes with your free palm. "It'll make you feel upset."

You hold your breath, expecting to feel hot tears on your hand next because Yeri is a crybaby. You know that she's constantly worried about what people think and that she pretends to not have feelings but she actually has a lot of them. And so, your hand continues to dangle awkwardly on Yerim's face, ready to catch and wipe all the sadness away but surprisingly - they don't come. No tears drop. Only Yeri's warm hands come in contact with your skin.

She gingerly tugs your hand away from her eyes.

"You're not crying?" You ask with a hint of amazement, withdrawing your arm from the girl's shoulders. You swoop down to check Yeri's face up close. It gives your heart preventricular contractions but it also helps you confirm that her eyes are dry as a desert. The latter shoots you a coy smile and you back up a bit because Kim Yerim was being too pretty for your own good. You rest your head on the couch, pondering on why this kid still makes you feel dizzy even after months of dating.

Yerim doesn't take a hint though and proceeds to switch your heart rate to turbo speed by leaning comfortably on you while she's sitting, still browsing on Instagram. 

"I know you're sensitive about these kinds of things. That's why I didn't want to show it to you in the first place - but why do you keep reading them? Don't they make you feel sad?" You pry, bewildered because of Yeri's sudden display of emotional strength.

"It still makes me sad, of course." Yeri answers seriously, her sight still not leaving the screen. "So sad that I feel cracks creeping into my heart."

The silence that enveloped the two of you amplified the stinging pain and hurt in Yeri's voice. And as if that was an impulse to all the nerves in your body, your arm gets the best of you, wrapping itself around the girl again. You give her a reassuring squeeze which causes her to turn her head and face you.

"But you know what?" Yeri speaks, her tone picking up.

"What?" You repeat her last word, craning your neck so your gazes can find each other.

"You're the glue that keeps all the pieces of my heart together."

She whispers this as she hands you back your phone and you finally find out what Yeri has been reading intently. 

It was an entire screen of your Instagram comments on the anti's profile.

NOTE: Very embarrassing remarks like - 

[WELCOME] Red Velvet New Member_YERI is the best video on the internet. 

YERI STANS RISE!!!!! 

Don't say that! I LOVE KIM YERIM THE MOST!

- to name a few.

You deem no word worthy as a response to Yeri's confession so you nuzzle closer to her face instead, allowing your foreheads to touch. You stay like that for a while, in each other's comfort. Your breaths almost mixing in proximity and once again you vigorously wonder why people would spend a chunk of their day wrecking the reputation of this sweet, wonderful girl in your arms. Your head spins as you instinctively move closer and inhale the lavender scent she's emitting. As it fills your lungs, you think of how Kim Yerim is growing greatly as a distinct member of Red Velvet - so much that she's starting to smell like her representative color.   

A nervous giggle from Yeri breaks the quiet atmosphere and snaps you back to reality.

Your body rapidly slithers away from Yeri, realizing you've been holding her too close (and longer than necessary). You return to your rightful position on the couch. A shy ambiance plagues the room and it leaves both Yeri and you, squirming in your seats. You clear your throat even if you have nothing to say while Yeri runs her hands on her pink sweatshirt, smoothing non-existent creases. If someone walked into the room, they would have thought you did something you weren't supposed to do to minors. 

"I can't cry today really." Yeri admitted, smirking at you when she gains the guts to look at you again. "Your comments on that OT4 account are really  something."

You scoff but a humongous amount of pride makes your chest swell. Kicking out Yeri antis was a satisfying, productive hobby in itself but receiving acknowledgement from Kim Yerim herself made all the difference. The feeling turns you into a giddy teenager and your feet spontaneously tap the floor in happiness. 

"You have to be careful though. You might get reported instead." Yeri pointed out, patting your lap to steady you. "I don't think you could last long on the internet if you go around commenting Yeri's vocals are fine as hell. I hope you choke on your spit, asshat."

The younger girl slides her finger to your phone screen and you spot how that specific comment you wrote a week ago is featured, sitting first on the anti's profile post. It has accumulated a fairly big amount of approval from fellow Reveluvs but the way Yeri bashfully smiles at you with only one corner of her lips turned upward makes you reflect on how harsh it is. You contemplate on how you totally should be channeling your anger in a more civil and objective way but for now, you let out a long breath and stick a mental note to your head to be a better Yerinator in the future.

"I'm going to love and protect you with my life." You declare.

You announce it with such certainty to thin air that you soon discern relief flooding into Yeri's gray orbs when you face her.  She deems no word worthy as a response to your confession but the hopeful grin that blesses her flushed cheeks assures you:

She believes you and only you.