002

young gods / jimin : lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Enjoy, my little sausages.

Lee Jaeyi

Kim Minah.

I hadn't heard that name in almost 2 years. Memories flooded back to me, ridiculous memories now in the face of her tragedy, but memories nonetheless.

"Kim Minah?" Jimin repeats, too loudly to be nonchalant.

"Yes," Namjoon says.

"And she asked for me?" Jimin asks disbelievingly.

"Yes, she's in your consulting room right now, Jaeyi, with Taehyung and Jungkook. I sent them in to see if they could coax-" Jimin pushes past Namjoon before he can finish his sentence. It isn't a rude push, but I don't have to see his face to notice the urgency in his actions.

Namjoon turns to me. "Who is Kim Minah?" He asks, bewildered to have evoked this kind of response from Jimin.

I sigh and shake my head, moving past him towards the front door that Jimin threw open.

She was a , but I suppose she couldn't help herself. She had some positive aspects; confidence- perhaps a bit much, she spoke her mind- but she rarely shut up, she was wealthy- but none of it was hers. I don't know much about their time together before the big breakup, but what I do know is that when I met Jimin and his now ex-girlfriend Park Minah, he was wrapped around her finger and she was ing said finger into a fire like she was making smores.

two years ago

" yes." I shot out of my seat, staring unbelievingly down at the phone. The screen is lit happily in pale blue and the words Congratulations, Lee Jae Yi. Your form of payment has been accepted and your ticket is waiting to be picked up at the venue for GOT7's last show in Korea.

There was last show in Korea before they flew off to London to rest and produce music for the next three years. They promised to come back but I'd been to London once and I'd barely torn myself away from the city. These were the first and the last of the tickets sold the day before the concert at a small private venue. And somehow I'd managed to get one.

"!" Beside me my best friend Crys groaned, shaking head and showing me the error notification on her screen. "My phone bugged out."

"Silence in the Library please," the student assistant looked everything but nice as she glanced up at us from the large textbook she was mounted on. For a moment, I felt bad for being so loud. Not long ago, I would be sitting alongside these students with my heavy, expensive textbooks spread out in front of me. I'd made a horrible mistake as a college student and insisted on studying law and criminal justice despite what my counselor said and as a result, I stayed firmly planted behind a stack of bar practice exams and psychology papers.

But all of that was behind me now and the only reason that I was in my old college library was that I knew it had some of the fastest wireless connection in Seoul.

"Let's go," Crys whisper hissed at me, gathering her work into her book bag and stood up. I rose to my feet beside her, the only thing I had to grab was my charging bank and slip it inside my purse. Wearing my old student ID like a badge of honor, I strode out the library doors like everyone in the room was watching me. They were not.

"I can't believe you got one," Crys muttered the second we were outside. "We should have bought tickets together."

"I told you," I said sympathetically and slipped my phone into the outside pocket of my purse. "We could resale those tickets and have enough to take a taxi to the venue and get drinks after the show." We start towards the bus station.

"I want a drink right now," Crys muttered. "Will you be fine though? Going to their concert alone?"

"I'll be fine," I assure her with a lopsided grin. "Don't worry."

"You know that I worry," Crys says, "you're not exactly large or intimidating, I'm afraid someone will scoop you up and put you in their pocket." I grab her arm and turn to her, narrowing my eyes in mock anger.

"Are you calling me short?" I ask indignantly.

"Yes," Crys says shamelessly. "My tiny little private investigator. Speaking of which when are you going to be assigned that partner you were promised. You know the one that's trained in martial arts and will keep you from being kidnapped again." She asks coming to a stop at the bus terminal.

After my third time being simply whisked into the backseat of a car during my street work my boss, Kim Namjoon assigned me a bodyguard partner of sorts.

"He's trained in several different types of martial arts and retired from police work recently," Namjoon had assured me. "No more work until he comes into the office on Monday next week."

"The day after the concert," I told Crys. "Not sure how much a forty-year-old policeman can help me with anything but eating donuts but it's the thought that counts I suppose."

"He's forty?" Crys asks, her eyes widening.

"Namjoon told me that he's retired. You don't retire in your prime." I sing. Crys nods in agreement. Her bus rolls to a stop by the curb and Crys waves her wallet at me as she steps away from me.

"Be safe at the concert tomorrow, don't be late and miss out on your resale tickets." She warns me.

"I won't," I call with a laugh but the second the words come out of my mouth I have a bad feeling about them. And that same feeling stays with me throughout the rest of the day, not allowing me to sleep until the wee hours of the morning and through the five different alarms I set for myself.

"Yah, Lee Jaeyi!" My name is called, sharply pulling me from my uneasy sleep and pushing me into a sitting position. I blink, sleepily but not being able to focus on anything around me as the voice calls my name again. "Jaeyi-ah? Isn't today the day of the concert?" It's Crys, probably just returning from morning classes and her internship.

"Holy !" The realization shocks me out of my grogginess and I throw my comforter off my body, shivering violently at the sudden change of temperature. "What time is it?" I ask.

"Almost seven pm, did you sleep through the entire day?" She asks in disbelief.

"I didn't sleep well last night," I tell her and hurriedly pull on a pair of black legging with mesh across the knees. Crys reaches into my closet and tosses me an oversized blue jersey. I shuck my shirt off and gratefully pull the top over my sports bra.

"Isn't the concert at eight thirty?" Crys asks, putting my wallet and house key into my purse as I pull on my white sports shoes and lace them up.

"Yes," I say, jumping to my feet quickly and suffering the slightest of head rushes as I throw myself into the chair in front of our vanity and quickly tie my messy straight hair back. "But I have to be there an hour early to pick up my ticket or they will resell it at the venue." I can't be bothered with makeup even though I went out a bought new pigments for tonight.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter