bonus chapter

playing to the base
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Jeno had driven the both of them home that night. They ended up in Jaemin’s room just chilling after the dance. They both didn't actually go inside the gym, instead, they chose to spend their time outside on the field kissing. It was a really nice and they both really liked it. 

 

“I want you to see something,” Jaemin said, walking to his closet. He reluctantly took out the poster and handed it to Jeno. “You can see it for yourself. I think you would want to know what's inside, right?"

 

Jeno slowly opened the poster to see his name on it with a few hand made designs. He thought it was really cute. “What is this?”

 

“I wanted to ask you to the dance in middle school, but I never did.”

 

Jeno just nodded at him as he put the poster back. “It’s okay. I wasn't the best person to ask anyways, with how I treated you like that. Surprised you actually wanted to ask me.”

 

“I guess I was a bit crazy.”

 

Jeno sat down next to him on the bed. “So what now? Since you know I love you, where does that leave us?”

 

Jaemin just looked at him, thinking. “We could date?”

 

Jeno just smiled at him. He slowly leaned down to kiss him again. He could never get tired of kissing him. The kiss was soft and nothing harsh. “If that's what you want.”

 

 

 

 

 

So technically the whole team had a feeling that they were going to get together anyways which really surprised Jaemin. Like how did the whole team know? He found that really funny since Jeno and him always fought on the field. No one really minded when they were together and acted all sweet to each other, they all thought it as cute. Since their last baseball game was coming to an end next week, they all worked hard and prepared their best for the last match. Jaemin was still a bit bitter about not being able to play, but hopefully, he can play when CIFs start the following week. CIFS were always the most difficult and toughest games.

 

When it was the last game, Haechan and Mark was able to come together and watch the game with Renjun and Chenle. Mark and Haechan weren't dating in any means and Jaemin has no intention to really tell Haechan about the deal he made with Mark.

 

Jaemin watched Jeno get ready for the game while waiting on the bleachers once again. Jeno was taking his precious time practicing his pitches and Jaemin frowned. It's just Jeno can never get his throws correctly and refused to let Jaemin teach him. One day, he was going to have to get Jeno to practice with him. He sipped his water just as he saw Mark sitting down next to him.

 

“Hey.”

 

Jaemin looked up at him. “Hey.”

 

“Remember the deal we made? Although you're dating Jeno, you still need to ask him on a date.”

 

Jaemin didn't forget about that. He was just waiting for the right time to approach Jeno and ask him out, but he could never find the right words. He bit his lips. “I’ll do it today. Thanks for taking Haechan.”

 

“No problem. He’s really cute so I didn't mind.”

 

“Are you going to tell him that I asked you to take him?”

 

Mark just shrugged. “Maybe.” Mark walked away just as the team ran and gathered together. Jaemin reached out to hold Jeno’s hands just for a moment and he saw Jeno smile at him.

 

“This is our last game before CIFS! Let's put in the best effort and win.” They did their cheer before getting ready to start the game. Jaemin liked to observe the other team whenever he gets a chance, but today, he just watched Jeno. Jeno wasn’t a bad baseball player, he was the 2nd best next to him but Jaemin liked to pick out the bad qualities he had as a player. He realized that he never actually focused on Jeno for a long time before, but then Jeno was looking back at him with a smirk. That was when Jaemin finally looked away.

 

The game finally ended and they were back to cleaning up the field. They had won by a lot of points and Jaemin was really happy for his team.

 

“Congrats captain,” Jaemin said just as Jeno helped him with the bases.

 

“Thanks.” They walked back to the lockers room after putting everything in the storage room, but Jeno and Jaemin stayed outside. They were standing against the wall with Jeno kissing him. It felt nice and Jaemin can feel the nice breeze wash over them. Jeno was still partially sweaty and he never thought it was attractive until today. Jeno was really hot like that.

 

“This is nice,” Jaemin whispered against his lips. “Secret admirer.”

 

Jeno just looked at him for a moment, something forming in his eyes. “Yeah.”

 

Jaemin reached for his hands and laced them together. “I want to ask you something,” he said, biting his lips nervously. “I want to take you out on a date.”

 

Jeno blinked at him for a second, like he didn't expect Jaemin to make a move so soon. “Oh, I mean okay. Yeah, you can take me out on one.”

 

“Cool. Maybe we can get sushi?”

 

“Sure. Whatever you want.”

 

 

 

Eventually, their parents found about their relationship even though they tried their hardest to not let them know, especially the moms. But Jaemin’s mom found out when found them kissing on the front porch after Jeno had driven them home from baseball practice. She was excited and thrilled at the same time and Jaemin could only just smile and nod. Dating Jeno wasn't bad, but it was because their moms are super crazy and they could not get through dinner without being bombarded with questions. 

 

But the moms were very understanding of them and let them have their time together. Jaemin comes over to Jeno’s house more and spends time doing homework together. Their relationship was going nicely at a good pace and Jaemin respected that. 

 

Jaemin was laying on Jeno’s bed as he watched Jeno finish his homework. It felt nice like this without feeling like they have to rip each other's heads off. “So why did you write all those letters?” He suddenly asked.

 

Jeno just shrugged. “I had to do something to let you know how I felt. Did you guess it was someone else?”

 

Jaemin suddenly stopped looking at him. “Not exactly. I thought it was a girl.”

 

“Oh.”

 

Jaemin bit his lips. “Yeah. But please don't get mad, I actually didn't read most of it. I'm sorry.”

 

Jeno sat next to him on the bed. “Well, it would have been nice if you did, but you didn't have to. I didn't have another way to confess to you so I just wrote you letters to portray my feelings."

 

“You could've just kissed me.”

 

“Oh yeah but that was kinda spontaneous when you didn't really like me.”

 

"But you kissed me on the rooftop."

 

"Well, it just happened. Did you know I was trying to tell you that I liked you? I didn't think so."

 

“I-” and then it hit him. “I'm sorry Jeno,” he said. “But I like you a lot now.”

 

Jeno just smiled at him, caressing his broken arm. Jaemin still felt guilty about something, but he wasn't sure what. Did he really like Jeno the same? He was sure he was developing feelings for Jeno, but his feelings towards him weren't matched up with Jeno's feelings for him. 

 

 

 

 

Jaemin sat with Renjun and Chenle during lunch and watched them get all cute and adorable with each other. It made Jaemin’s heart warm up, but he couldn't help but think about his own relationship. It felt like he didn't like Jeno as much as he liked him and that made him feel bad. He sighed and stuffed his sandwich into his mouth.

 

“You guys still haven't told me how you guys got together,” he said, looking at them.

 

“Well, what do you want to know?”

 

“Everything. Just tell me.”

 

Chenle looked back at his boyfriend before facing Jaemin. “It just happened. Like one of those things that just became real. We started hanging out a lot and then the next thing you know, we were already in love.”

 

Jaemin blinked. “Who confessed?”

 

“I did,” Renjun put his hands up.

 

“How romantic,” Jaemin said, smiling. “When did you guys start dating?”

 

Haechan was already making his way towards them and sat down beside Jaemin, looking at him. “Do you think Mark is over you?”

 

Jaemin was surprised by the sudden question. “Uh, he should be.”

 

“No, he’s not! Don't think we didn't see you and him and talking before the game the other day.”

 

“Haechan, we were just talking. There is nothing going between us.”

 

“I don't care if there was something going on with you guys, but what I do care about is his feelings for you. His best friend is dating you but where does that leave him? Should he just automatically stop liking you?”

 

Jaemin stared at him. “You shouldn't care about that. Who cares if Mark likes me? You should know very well that I follow the bro code and I wouldn't go for him in a million years. Why are you so coped up on that?”

 

“BECAUSE YOU ASKED HIM TO ASK ME TO THE FREAKIN DANCE!” Haechan exclaimed. “And I hate you for that.” Haechan shook his head just as he stood up. Everyone was watching them in the cafeteria and Jaemin could only sigh as he watched his friend leave. Did Mark tell him already?

 

“He’s mad,” Renjun said, clearly surprised by what just happened.

 

 

 

 

 

Maybe Jaemin was being too selfish. Or maybe Haechan was just hotheaded. Maybe they were both stupid. Jaemin was too busy thinking about Haechan that he didn't realize his boyfriend was talking to him. They were both on their way home from school and Jeno was driving.

 

“What's up? Something’s wrong huh?”

 

“Yeah. Hey, do you know that Mark asked me to the dance?”

 

Jeno nodded. “Yeah.”

 

“So you know that he likes me?”

 

Jeno didn't say anything as they stopped in front of Jaemin's house. Once they got out, Jaemin reached for his hands. “You didn't answer me.”

 

“Well, he is my best friend and I do know that he had a thing for you. But lately, he’s all into Haechan. He's all he talks about these days.”

 

“Really?”

 

Jeno nodded. “Yeah. I think he likes him.”

 

Jaemin smiled at him. “That's good. But Haechan still thinks Mark likes me.”

 

Jeno was already walking up to his front porch, tightening their hands. “Then Mark needs to make a move quick.”

 

Jaemin looked at his boyfriend. The term boyfriend was still a bit odd whenever he thinks about Jeno. He never thought that they would get together but now that they are, it seemed so unreal. His feelings for Jeno are a bit messy, he still had the lingering contempt for Jeno due to their p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter