Two

If You Never Let Me

NOTE:

"THIS FONT" - CHINESE

"THIS FONT" - ENGLISH

"THIS FONT" - KOREAN

 

CHAPTER TWO

 

"Ya! Kim YugYeom!" 

 

Jin Young's voice was heard from their rooms followed by the loud laughter of the said maknae, and Bambam. It was 2 in the afternoon and the entire group are preparing for a radio guesting. The maknae, feeling the need to bully his hyung, decided to trap him inside the bathroom when it was his turn to take a shower. Curious by the chaos happening inside the room, Jackson made a beeline towards the noise and he saw the two youngest holding the door to prevent Jin Young from going out, and they are both wearing identical smirks that Jackson found both amusing, and disturbing.

 

"What are you two doing?" He asked, trying to assess the situation.

 

"Hyung..." Yugyeom paused since he was too busy laughing. "Help us...or hold this please while Bam and I run to safety."

 

The door was already rattling violently from Jin Young trying to push it open, but the duo are preventing it with their bodies.

 

"Jackson, I swear if you help them," Jin Young threatened from inside, hearing the conversation from the other side. "Open this! We're gonna be late, damn it, Kim Yugyeom!" A loud thud was heard, and they were sure Jin Young kikcked the door then everything was eerily silent. The two had a bothered look on their faces, clearly not knowing what to do next or how to handle the team's alleged mother's wrath, before they turned their pleading eyes to the Hongkong native.

 

Not knowing how to deflect the puppy eyes of the two maknaes, Jackson sighed and walked towards them to hold the door handle. He knows how quite violent Jin Young is when his patience have been stretched to the max, so in order to save the two, he steppedin and shoo-ed them out of the room. Once they were out to safety; and Jackson hopes they'll be smart enough to hide behind their manager by now, Jackson slowly opened the door and peeked. Inside, Jin Young was applying makeup, and when he looked up to see Jackson's reflection in the mirror he gave a small smile,

 

"I knew you'd help those two escape."

 

Jackson chuckled and went inside the bathroom, then sat at the closed toilet seat, bringing his knees to his chest ashe watched Jin Young spreading the concealer under his eyes. A comfortable silence wrapped them both as Jackson continued watching, and Jin Young finishing his routine. After awhile, Jackson asked, "How was the audition for that movie?"

 

He saw how Jin Young tensed, and how he paused what he was doing before taking in a breath to answer, "I'm not really expecting some good results." By this time, he is done and he sprayed some cologne then turned to Jackson, "There were around 20 of us who auditioned for the part, and some of those I knew and already appeared in some films so they have more experience than I. Maybe I'll get some supporting role, or none. I don't know, I'm just not geting my hopes up," he ended, purposely not meeting Jackson's heavy stare.

 

Unexpectedly, the Hongkong rapper stood up and placed both his hands on Jin Young's neck, careful not to smudge his makeup, and forced his friend to look at him. "Park Jin Young," he started, tone getting deeper whenever he starts having serious talks, "you are one talented individual. Just because you lack experience doesn't mean that you are not qualified. You are a star, Jin Young-ah, and if you dont see how bright your light is, how do you expect other people to see it? As for me, I can see it; I see it everyday and I am so proud of you. And I hate it when I hear you belittling yourself. Stop that. Believe in yourself like how the team believes in you; like how I believe in you."

 

Jin Young, surprised by the words coming from his friend was trying hard to hold in the tears. He knew how Jackson lifting up the team's spirit with his crazy antics, or how he brightens the atmosphere by making everyone at ease and making them laugh, but what not everyone knows is how Jackson really is the group's motivator. Once he turned all serious and tells you what he really feels and thinks, you'll be surprised how insightful he really is as a person. When Jin Young first had a deep conversation with Jackson, he was quite overwhelmed by how much the other could talk all day about something and Jin Young would listen attentively, or how he gives you the same attention when it was his turn to say something.

 

And really, Jackson doesn't know how the team is thankful, not just by making them laugh, but because all of them can feel just how deep the friendship is for the Hongkong native. He does not realize how the six of them would gravitate to him when they are tired because they know that Jackson could make everything better by just being there; be it by quietly chatting, or letting them sleep on his shoulder or on his lap, or by running a hand on their hair, or by taking their hand to massage it gently, or just by being Jackson, really. So right now, Jin Young closed his eyes and rested his cheek on the hand that was there, a soft smile on his lips. Because this is exactly the magic of Jackson wang; making everyone just...

 

"Thank you," he whispered with his eyes still close. He felt Jackson rest his forehead on his for a few seconds before saying,

 

"And I will treat you meat if you get the role, you know," then Jin Young laughed as they both went out to join the group.

 

 

*

 

Park Jin Young does not like to get attached.

 

He's admitted that in one of his Got2Day episodes with Jackson when he tried to explain to the other why he refused to partner with him at the monthly evaluations during their trainee days. People come and go, so what is the point of making deep friendships/relationships with people that would leave some time soon; that was what he believed before. Even when he met In Jaebum, debuted as the JJ Project with him, he maintained a distances, keeping everything purely professional. 

 

But then a certain Jackson Wang came and destroyed the walls he built around himself effortlessly, like he was meant to do it all along. Jackson was the first to approach him in the training rooms; he was watching a video from his iPad, waiting for the training to start when someone sat down beside him. Looking up from his device, he saw Jackson looking at what he was watching with an amused expression even if he cant really hear what was happening since Jin Young had both the earphones on his ear. Sensing the stare, Jackson looked at Jin Young and gave a goofy smile before saying, "Do you like Kevin Hart? I am a fan, too!" he exclaimed in english that Jin Young had to open and close his eyes, slowly processing the words. His english is quite okay, but not that perfect yet.

 

When he did not answer, he found Jackson frowing. "Oh, um, I thought you could speak english since your watching that...Sorry, my korean's not really good but I am working on it! Paul, he's also a trainee here, he's teaching me everyday," he explained and thankfully, Jin Young understood what the other was saying even if he spoke way too fast.

 

"I can understand," he started slowly, "just...go slow?"

 

The smile Jackson sent him was too big he swear he can count his teeth, then a hand was stuck out in front of him, "I'm Jackson. Jackson Wang!"

 

"Park Jin Young."

 

And since then, the once quiet life of Jin Young became consisted of tutoring Jackson, who soon dragged his roommate and a Thai boy. Their circle grew and Jin Young found that he doesn't really mind spending time with that much people; or that he's slowly starting to get attached. He didn't realize it at once, but when they were give a two weeks vacation and the seven of them had different plans; Bambam going back to Thailand, Mark and Jackson traveling to Hongkong and Taiwan to meet each other's family, and JinYoung, Jaebum, Yugyeom and Youngjae going home to their families, that was when he realized... he missed them. It became too quiet for his liking, being that he got used to someone always chatting, or teaching Youngjae english just to about his pronounciation, or the two youngest always shouting "easy~" just to annoy them, or Jaebum and Jackson shouting playfully at each other to know who has the loudest voice, or Mark's high pitched laughter in the background. Really, it came as a surprise that he got attached without really noticing. So when he found out he was debuting with the people he got attached with, he can't explain how grateful he is, so he just turned to the person next to him, which happened to be Jackson and wrapped him in a hug.

 

He also wasn't one for skinship, but he knows being an idol, it would be expected at some point. Especially sine fans eat it up when boys in a boyband are touchy or clingy to each other. He prepared himself for it; trying to keep his cool. But what he did not expect, again, was that he'd be comfortable to do it that he now initiates it himself. Jin Young got used to having someone's hand around his, an arm around his shoulder, or his shoulder around someone, or arms around his waist or his arms around someone else. It became so natural. Jackson and Mark were the first one who started it, being that they did not mind one bit, and since they both came from families who loves skinship. They it transferred to the members gradually until it just became permanent to them. More often than not, the seven of them would cuddle in the dorms when they have an off-day and decided to watch a film. It was comforting.

 

What Park Jin Young expected, though, was that Jackson Wang becoming his most precious friend. It was a given, really. They are both close, though not that much in front of the fans, but behind the cameras, they are.

 

"Jackson-ah," he started. "Can I tell you something?"

 

They are both hanging at the fire exit of their dorms, getting fresh air as they both take a sip from a cup of coffee on their hands. "What is it?"

 

Jin Young fiddled with his cup, not sure where to begin or if he should do this really, but it's been running in his mind ever since and he can't take the burden of keeping this from his friend. "The other night, remember, after you filmed ASC?"

 

"Yeah, what about it?" Jackson replied, looking out at the view of Seoul.

 

"I was..." Jin Young started, before he stood up and joined Jackson, "I came home tired from filming, and I assumed everyone was asleep, but I can't sleep so I made my way here to get some fresh air and..." he paused, not liking how Jackson tensed beside him. "And I heard, I am sorry Jackson. I did not mean to eavesdrop and I..."

 

"Do you think differently of me now?" came the hushed question, and Jin Young wouldn't have believed such tone could come from someone like Jackson, but he heard, and they were the only two here. And he decided he hated it; hated hearing Jackson speak in such tone; sounding so small, waiting for a harsh blow, execting to be pushed away or rejected. He hated it.

 

"No, Wang Jackson," he started, throwing his empty cup at the trash can at the side before placing his hand on the other's shoulder, "you're still you. I wouldn't have you any other way because everything you are, everything about you is the Jackson I treasure. I would never ever think differently just because you like men; just because you like Mark," he ended in a whisper, careful to not be overheard by someone.

 

Jackson had his eyes glassy, staring back and Jin Young before he wrapped his arms loosely around his friend's waist, resting his head on his shoulder. "Thanks, Jin Young-ah. And please, please don't tell the team, especially Mark. The only ones who know are my parents and you, please..."he pleaded, and Jin Young brought a hand to brush the other's hair for comfort.

 

"Your secret is safe with me."

 

*

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

HERE IT IS. I TOLD YOU I SHIP EVERYONE WITH JACKSON, BUT STILL THIS WILL BE A MARKSON FIC, I JUST LOVE WRITING HOW EVERBODY TREASURES HIM SO YEAH.

THE PLOT WOULD MOVE FORWARD STARTING FROM HERE.

IF YA'LL DON'T KNOW ABOUT GOT7, GO AND SEARCH FOR THEM. THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY LOVEABLE :)

STAY TUNED.