One

If You Never Let Me

NOTE:

"THIS FONT" - CHINESE

"THIS FONT" - ENGLISH

"THIS FONT" - KOREAN

 

CHAPTER ONE

 

The first thing Wang Ga-Ye noticed when he landed in Korea was that it was unbelievably cold.

 

Once he stepped out of the plane, he shivered all over because he wore a tank top, jacket and ripped jeans because it was kind of humid in Hong Kong when he left. He berated himself for not checking the weather in the country before flying over. But still, trying to mask the cold he went inside to retrieve his luggage and to look for the driver the company president said will be there to take him to the dorms.

 

The guide was easy to spot with that colorful paper with his name written on, so he greeted the man in english, which he thankfully understood and responded back in the same language albeit a bit accented. The heater was already on when he went inside the car so he settled down as he they drive away from Incheon airport and to the dorms.

 

*

 

"안녕하세요, 새 연수생입니까?"

 

Wang Ga-Ye looked up from getting his luggage and bowed his head, "Sorry, the only thing I understood from what you said was hello. Um..."

 

The other person looked surprise then he smiled widely, "Dude! I'm sorry, I assumed you're korean and all. By the way, my name is Ahn Hyo Seop, but my english name is Paul. Nice to meet you, man."

 

"Thank god! Nice to meet you, Paul," he responded enthusiastically before accepting the offered hand, "I'm Wang Ga-Ye, but my english name is Jackson."

 

Paul offered to help him carry some of his bags and they both went off inside the dorm. "So you're Chinese?"

 

"Yeah. I'm from Hong Kong," Jackson answered.

 

"Cool. I'm full Korean but half my childhood was spent in Canada, so I'm pretty fluent in English. How bout you? How's your english so good?"

 

"Oh, I attended an international school in Hong Kong, so I'm pretty fluent in a few languages; English included," he replied and by now their elevator opened and they both went out and asked the lobbyassistant which room Jackson was staying in. When he was given the key for his room, which was room number 3, they both resumed walking as the room was at the end of the hall.

 

"Your room is two doors away from mine, and someone already moved in there like two days ago so you have a roommate," Paul explained as they reached the door. "Just knock on my door if you need help, like teaching you some korean or something. I'm pretty bored since our training would starting in a week so I am vacant," he offered with a smile.

 

Jackson brightened, "That would be really amazing, man. Thanks! Oh, give me your number so I can call you." After exchanging numbers, Paul left and Jackson unlocked the door. When he went in, it was dark and no one was around, but some luggages are at one corner of the bed and the room had a bunk bed, with the top one already occupied judging from the things on top of it so he placed his bag at the bottom bunk and started arranging his stuff.

 

A few hours of flew by, and he was almost settled in when the rattle of keys distracted him and the door was opened. The guy who entered was tall and lanky, wearing thick clothes and a scarf on his neck covering almost half his face. He was wide-eyed, obviously not expecting Jackson, and he's also holding a skateboard which would explain the slight red tint on his cheeks. Who would skate in this weather?

 

"Oh...um," the guy fumbled, slowly closing the door. "안녕하세요. 나는 마크 다. Uhmmm," he stuttered looking away, abashed, "Sorry. That's the span of my korean."

 

Jackson smiled and stood up from his position on the floorand offered a hand, "That's cool, I didn't even understand what you said. I'm Wang Ga-Ye, but my english name is Jackson. Nice to meet you."

 

The guy looked surprise, but happily took Jackson's hand and shook it once, "Nice to meet you, Jackson. My name's Tuan Yi-En, but you can call me Mark."

 

From then on, the two became inseperable.

 

*

 

"Mark! Oh my god, wake up! I swear you slept before me but I'm still the one who's up early! Paul will kill us again if we're late! Come on, man." Jackson whined, tugging at the arm that was dangling from the upper bunk. He was already dressed to go out since this the fourth day he's learning korean from Paul, and since Mark isn't fluent, he decided that they'll learn together. Paul agreed to teach them both, a bit surprised when he learned who was Jackson's roommate and seeing them already close. It was the first time Paul saw Mark around the dorms, being that the other preferred to go out with his skateboard.

 

There was a rustle of sheets from the upper bed and a grumbled, "Just go without me, you can teach me what Paul taught you."

 

"No way. If you're not going then I am not teaching you either, I am crap at that."

 

There was silence for a few seconds before, "Fine! Give me five minutes."

 

*

 

One word to describe Wang Jackson was that he is friendly.

 

He was in Korea for only half a month and he already befriended almost everyone in the dorm. Even with the limited korean that he knows, that did not stop him from being friendly with everyone he met and that was why aside from Paul, he also got a fellow trainee, Park Jin Young, to teach him korean. He would always drag Mark along so they both learned from Paul and Jin Young and soon, two became three as Jackson befriended the Thai trainee who went with the name of BamBam since his birth name was difficult to pronounce. One thing that Jackson was proud of was his quick pick-up when it comesto language, so a few weeks he was almost fluent aside from a few instances that he had to be corrected by Jin Young or Paul. Seeing his progress, Mark also gave his undivided attention into learning the language, also BamBam who didn't want to be left behind and soon enough the three could hold a full converstation with the Korean natives.

 

Soon enough, their circle grew as Jackson befriended a timid boy named Choi Young Jae and Park Jin Young introduced another trainee named Im Jae Bum, and BamBam also introduced Kim Yugyeom who was the same age as him. They hit off perfectly, especially since Jackson was a constant clown when they were together so they became accustomed to his antics and they all became close friends. They helped each other in trainings; Jaebum, Young Jae and Jin Young helping with the vocal trainings; Yugyeom and BamBam helping with dance practice; and Jackson and Mark guiding them with the martial arts tricking they were learning. Unbeknownst to them, the compay president watched their teamwork and interaction, and he made a decision.

 

Soon enough, the seven of them debuted as GOT7.

 

*

 

It was evident that Mark is a shy person. In a group conversation, he prefers to stay in the sideline and listen to his teammates talk it out. He's not really someone who wants to draw attention to himself. Everybody knows that.

 

But apparently, add Wang Jackson to the mix and Mark becomes that grinning goofball who loves to give punishment to his teammateswhen they have a game, or that screaming boy who loves teasing Young Jae because of his funny accent in english. Everyone was quite surprised, especially those who didn't really know him since he kept to himself; but once they see that he's hanging out with Jackson, the most outgoing of them all, they kind of understand. No one could really be Jackson's friend and not end up quite as loud as him. It was just a given.

 

Although they are quite the opposite, with Jackson wanting attention all the time and Mark just sitting timidly, one thing they are similar about is their love for skinship. The two could be seen huddled in a corner, sitting with their shoulders touching and Mark's legs on Jackson's; or holding each other's hands when they walk; Mark fixing Jackson's hair or patting his head; leaning on each other's shoulder, and so much more. Maybe it was from the fact that they came from close-knitted familiesthat they are comfortable from that, but no one really quite understood the chemistry between the two; that even if they are close to other members, or doing skinship with them, they seem to always gravitate back to each other.

 

And thus, the start of Markson.

 

*

 

 

"You did well, you two," Eric congratulated them with a pat in the back.

 

"You too, Eric. But I still hate you though," Jackson answered back then sticking out his tongue childishly that made the staff laugh.

 

"Yeah, yeah. I know," Eric replied with a laugh, "Do you guys want to grab a bite? My treat."

 

Agreeing, the three headed out to the nearby restaurantant. Jackson excused himself to go to the bathroom when the waiter arrived.

 

"Should we wait for Jackson?"

 

"Nah, I'll order for him," Mark responded before turning to the waiter, "I'll have a plate of carbonara, and a basket of chicken and two rice. Can it be half spicy and the other seasoned in soy garlic?" after getting an affirmative nod, the waiter turned to Eric who also ordered a plate of carbonara and mash potatoes. 

 

When Jackson returned, he sat beside Mark, and started chatting with Eric about his new album. When their order arrived, Mark placed one plate of carbonara in front of Jackson and got one rice and chicken then they started to eat. The chit-chat continued on, with Mark and Jackson making fun of Eric's cover photo, but Eric's mind elsewhere as he was busy observing the two. Althrough out their meal, Jackson kept on turning to Mark with a fork of carbonara and Mark would accept without a word and resumed eating his own food. Then Mark would feed Jackson with rice and the non-spicy chicken, and they would go back and forth.

 

"You two are really close, huh," he finally said after finishing the meal. Seeing as the duo looked at him weirdly he explained, "You kept on feeding each other like it's the most normal thing in the world."

 

"It is, though," Jackson replied, confused.

 

"I mean, you two just move so accordingly to each other it's amusing," Eric added with a chuckle.

 

"Well," Mark shrugged, "we are Markson, aren't we?"

 

*

 

He is bubbly and he loves skinship, true. He gives affection like no other and everbody can see that. He is mama's boy, he is not afraid to admit. He loves his mother to death and he is honest to her about everything. She knows every nook and corner of Jackson; absolutely everything. That was why when he called her late at night, with hushed voice and that tone of fear, she knew.

 

"Mommy," he whispered. "I'm in love... I think."

 

Mrs. Wang felt that twinge from hearing the fear from his son's voice; the tone of desperateness from his little baby. Because she knew ever since, that Jackson Wang is gay. It was something she already knew ever since Jackson was middle school and he asked her if loving another boy was okay. And she accepted her; and when Jackson came out to her and his dad, they were both supportedbut agreed to keep it between them threewhen Jackson decided to make his name in Korea as a singer.

 

She saw his son's interaction with the other boys, his teammates, she can tell.

 

"Gaga, is it Mark?"

 

The other line was silent for a few seconds, but she waited patiently.

 

"Yes."

 

*

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS GROUP, I SWEAR. AND ESPECIALLY JACKSON WANG, LIKE I AM NOT EVEN KIDDING. I SHIP HIM WITH EVERYONE BUT THIS WILL BE A MARKSON FIC. HOPE YA'LL GO AND SUPPORT THIS GROUP :)