1/1

Wrapped up

 

 

Jaehyun would be lying if he said he wasn't sulking right then, because he was. He tries hard to keep that smile on his face, but it keeps falling off, apparent from the cues he keeps recieveing from the staff, instructing him to 'Keep Smiling'. And more than once, Mark gave his thigh a squeeze as a cue to 'light that face up yo!' but he really was at the edge.

The reason behind it wasn't exhaustion as Dooyoung claimed, nor was it any of the crazy imaginations for their maknae Mark. Johnny knew though, but only because the 100 days of doing NNN togther made them open up to each other much more. HIs problem was Lee Taeyong. His most favorite hyung, best friend and lover. The same man who had been kind of distant with himmsince the beginning of the Cherry Bomb promotions.

They still held hands, and cuddled into the night after a long day of schedules. Taeyong still waited on the couch for Jaehyun to get back from his radio show, and only went to bed after the younger had given him an account of what happened when he hadn't been around. Most of the time he crashed on Jaehyun's bed, tucking his head into the youngers chest. 

But the thing that bothered him the most was that Taeyong did that to everyone. Right after Jaehyun was done tell him about his day, Taeyong would move to Johnny to ask the same. He had often walked in on Taeyong cuddling with Mark and Yuta on the bed. And he had definately noticed Taeyong holding hands with Dooyoung and WinWin when he thought Jaehyun wasn't looking. All of that bugged Jaehyun, he knew his hyung was affectionate by nature so he tried his best not to let it get to him. But the incident at the broadcasting station was his last straw.

 

Yuta was having a bad day since the morning, his throat was sore and he kept complaing that he was dizzy. It was obvious that the boy was sick, and so Jaehyun didn't mind when Taeyong walked away from his side and sat next to Yuta, showering the Japanese boy with all his care, he was their leader after all, and Jaehyun himself was a bit worried. But that didn't stop him from being jealous, so he and Johnny excused themselves to visit the bathroom, and on his his way back, he tripped and slightly twisted his ankle, the taller had helped Jaehyun up and supported him all the way to the changing room. 

The moment he had entered, his eyes flew to the pink hair man who had captured his heart, and for the millionth time he felt butterflies in his stomach when their eyes met. Yuta's head was resting on Taeyong's lap and the other was gently running his fingers through his hair. For a moment Jaehyun froze, immediately recognising that the concern in Taeyong's eyes was more of the 'Leader-Member' type than the 'Lovers' type. And of course, they were lovers, so Jaehyun was all taken aback by the sudden difference in warmth. 

Even as the other members gathered around him, questions and concerns flooding him from all directions, Taeyong didn't go beyond that one look, in fact, right then he was giggling at something Yuta had mumbled. And the longer he looked at the two, the more he felt lonely. Taeyong even sat with Dooyong on their way to the vlive broadcast. And for once Jaehyun felt like he was being left behind.

"You guys have to make wraps for the person sitting next to you." Jaehyun sighed internally, managing to keep a mildly interested expresison his face as he read the cue. Someone among them relayed it as if it was their own idea and Jaehyun was seriously just ready for things to end. He was barely even paying attention to their mission. His ears only picking up Taeyong's cute mumbling and Dooyoung's affectionate words towards the male. He almost lost it when he noticed that the duo had been holding hands since the beginning while his lay cold on his lap. He sighed, an unwilling frown making way to his face. Again he felt a hand squeezing his thigh, this time it wasn't Mark tho, it was Taeyong. He had half a mind to just swat it away, but he knew that it was the leader-Taeyong doing it for the sake of the show right now. It wasn't his boyfriend Taeyong comforting him, it was someone else, and it just snapped something inside Jaehyun.

A wide smile appeared and as he made a roll for Taeyong muttering about how much he cares about his health. That was normal enough, he always said such things. Even as the man complimented him he took it with a smile, in the beginning he had been consiously avoiding contact, but now, Jaehyun had had enough. If Taeyong wanted him to pretend then he would do just that.

Later he had just walked off the set, not bothering with the 'I'll see you at the dorm.' bull with Taeyong because honestly he didn't want to see the man for a while. He quietly got into the van, followed by Johnny. 

"You know...I noticed it Jaehyun." He started. 

"Hm?"

"You ok buddy?"

"I don't even know anymore."

Johnny thankfully didn't prode and the duo went on for their broadcast, at least that took his mind off the pink haired male, even if it was for a while. When they reached home, Taeyong was usual was sleeping on the couch, waiting for them. Jaehyun's steps faltered, his heart urging him to go to him and wake him up, talk to him, tell him everything that bothering him. But his mind was against it.

He could feel Johnny's stare as he walked into his room only to return with a pillow and a blanket, which he used to make their leader comfortbale.

"He must be tired. Let him sleep." He answered the question he knew Johnny was dying to ask and rushed into his own bedroom, not waiting for Johnny to anything.

As he lay in bed, all he could think was of all the time he had spent with Taeyong. Each time he had picked him his hyung's pieces, and each time Taeyong had whispered into his ear how much he loved him. He cherished the moments that they spent togther, late night at the studio, quick cafe dates, and the secret movie night after all the others had fallen asleep. Taeyong was Jaehyun's rock, he took him high, yet kept him grounded.

There was no doubt he loved Taeyong more than anything. And he wanted to make things work between them, because honestly he didn't what he'd do without the older around to ground him.

But did Taeyong feel the same way as before?

Next morning, he had gotten up earlier than his usual time, knowing that Taeyong would be awake too. He wanted to talk, apologise for his childish thought, and set things straight. He heard before he saw Taeyong, busying around in the kitchen. He didn't know what he had been expecting, but he certainly didn't expect to see that they weren't the only one's awake. He didn't wake up that early to watch Sicheng confess and witness him kissing Taeyong. He just stood frozen, hidden from their view. He could tell Taeyong was as shocked as he was from the bold move, but he could also see that the older didn't really push the Chinese boy away. In fact there was little to no resistance. As they parted, both males were blushing, and Jaehyun's heart broke a little as he recognised that expression on Taeyong's face from the first time they had kissed. 

He didn't even have that anymore. He quitely walked away, not even sure if this 'jaeyong' thing was even worth fighting for anymore. He walked back into his room and quietly shut the door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Let's just take a break hyung."

"Hyunnie?"

"Let's break up."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Wow. 

When I saw the video of Jaehyun stuffing Taehyung's face with food I don't know why it prompted me to write this. The initial idea was less angsty though.