Love is out there, be like café boy and find it

Love is out there, be like café boy and find it
The cold winter day was slowly drawing to an end and Kim Taehyung was in desperate need of a cup of coffee. Blinking heavily, he peered around blearily for a Starbucks or a Tom n Toms or just any place, to be honest, that could satisfy his need for a caffeine fix. He spotted a small cafe on the corner of the street he was trudging along and immediately made a beeline for it, his cold body protesting at the exercise. He pushed the door open and took in a deep breath, relaxing at the warm aroma of ground coffee beans. He remarked distractedly that the cafe was empty save for two male employees standing at the counter - he was the only customer there. Stepping up to the counter, he glanced up quickly at the menu hanging on the wall. It only took him a second to decide - he always took the same thing, no matter where he went, after all.

"One caramel macchiato, please," he said to the employee at the till. "The biggest size you've got."

The guy nodded, smiling brightly, and Taehyung noticed that he was extremely good looking, in a cute way. He was around a head smaller than him and looked far too young to be working, in Taehyung's opinion. His eyes crinkled up into happy crescents when he smiled and he had chubby, child-like cheeks. Most impressive of all, he had an adorable, ing radiant smile that almost blew Taehyung away by the force of its glow. Park Jimin, his nametag read.

"Is that all?" Jimin asked cheerfully, and Taehyung forced himself to concentrate. "Uh, yeah, I mean no, can I have a slice of cheesecake to go with?" he stammered, blushing slightly at his embarrassing stutter. The kid had an even brighter smile than Hoseok, his best friend, and that was saying something.

The boy nodded and hummed as he tapped in the order.

"That will be 9000 won, please." Taehyung paid quickly and moved to a table to await his order. The other employee who had a head of messy, white blond hair, moved around making his coffee and Taehyung melted into his armchair, finally able to relax after a harried, exhausting day. Pulling out his phone, he opened it to see dozens of notifications, all but two from the group chat he and his friends had created for themselves.

 

   Chat: HobiHobi, Pink Princess, God of Destruction, Jeon Seagull, TaeTae

 

   God of Destruction: Is2g, Jungkook, if u send me another gdragon song 2 listen 2 I will personally wipe u off the face of the earth.

   HobiHobi: Violent, much?

   God of Destruction: Shut up. ur not the 1 being spammed by GD's new album every 5 secs.

   Jeon Seagull: ur so mean, hyung. i miss my taetae. :'(

   Pink Princess: yesyes we all know ur whipped, kook. stop sending joon gd songs pls I'm with him and its starting to get on my nervs.

   Jeon Seagull: none of u kno how to appreciate tru art. I'm disappointed in u, hyungs.

 

Smiling, Taehyung shot back a reply just as the blond boy approached him with his hot drink and cheesecake.

 

   TaeTae: Don't worry babe I feel ur pain. Bigbang is the BEST.

   Jeon Seagull: hyung I LUV U somuch <3

   HobiHobi: ahh young love

   Pink Princess: whipped

   God of Destruction: go on and spam each other with bigbang songs then n LEAVE ME ALONE!!

   Jeon Seagull: Jeez hyung no need 2 shout

 

Taehyung took a sip of his coffee and sighed with pleasure as warmth seeped into his frozen body. He noticed the cute employee eyeing the other awkwardly and wondered idly what was going on between those two. Narrowing his eyes, he sneaked a curious glance at the two from over the rim of his mug.

Park Jimin was fidgeting anxiously, fingers worrying at the hem of his oversized sweater. His sleeves fell down over his hands, forming sweater paws, and Taehyung internally cooed at the cute image. He was a er for cute things, and this boy definitely was cute. He wasn't his style - oh no, Kim Taehyung's ideal man had ripped muscles and a handsome, chiselled yet boyish face, a perfect six pack hidden under loose white shirts and a preference, no an obsession, with Timberlands - but he had to admit this certain barista was attractive as hell. The boy kept shooting covert glances at his blond colleague, and Taehyung's eyes slid over to run over the barista. 

He appeared to be just a smidge taller than Jimin, with a grumpy look on his face and half closed, sleepy eyes. He was slumped against the counter and seemed to be on the verge of nodding off, oblivious to the anxious glances Jimin kept shooting in his direction. Suddenly, as Taehyung watched, Jimin seemed to reach a conclusion to some internal struggle and opened his mouth to speak.

"Hyung," he said softly, and Taehyung strained his ears to listen while pretending to be immersed in his phone. "Yoongi hyung."

So the other's name was Yoongi, Taehyung noted. The Yoongi in question opened his eyes and peered at the younger. This guy was also pretty cute, his brain noticed somewhere in the back of his head. He had a more grunge-y look, all ripped skinny jeans and black shirt, compared to Jimin's pastel oversized sweater and faded blue jeans.

"Hyung," Jimin continued doggedly, nervous eyes holding Yoongi's gaze. "I know this might be a bit sudden, but I really like you." Taehyung choked on his coffee, gasping and spluttering, while Yoongi's eyes shot wide open in shock. "I just wanted to tell you today since you're quitting tomorrow and we won't be able to see each other as often," Jimin continued shyly. "You don't have to answer straight away, I can wait-"

"Since when?" Yoongi interrupted suddenly in a gruff, gravelly voice. Jimin blinked, taken off guard.

"W- what?"

"Since when have you liked me?" Yoongi clarified, sharp eyes scrutinising Jimin, who was getting more flustered by the minute.

"Uh.. it's been six- six months," he stammered, blushing heavily.

 

Taehyung watched the drama unfold, eyes wide. Thoroughly immersed, he quickly tapped out a message to his friends, interrupting their petty argument about G-Dragon.

 

   TaeTae: OmG guys

               I'm the only 1 in this cafe and theres this super cute barista, yeah?

   Jeon Seagull: ExcUsE mE?

   HobiHobi: GASP!r u cheating on our jungkookie tae

   TaeTae: WTF NO im just sayibg he's hot kay?

               Anyways im like the only customer here and

               The cutie just told the other employee he has a crush on him

   Pink Princess: !!!! DEETS. NOW.

   TaeTae: Dude asked how long and he said six months BOYY MAKE UR MOVE

   HobiHobi: Awwwwwww

   TaeTae: will update

   Pink Princess: You better.

Meanwhile, Yoongi still hadn't replied, looking as if a thousand thoughts were running through his head. Jimin stood there anxiously, looking like he might cry if the silence lasted any longer. Taehyung felt sorry for the poor guy.

"Sorry, Jimin, I need to go to the back and think a bit about what to say, yeah?" Yoongi said finally, and Jimin deflated visibly.

"Oh, ok hyung," he said softly. Yoongi smiled tightly at him before disappearing into the back room. As soon as he left, Jimin sank into a crouch, groaning into his hands.

 

   TaeTae: he said he needs 2go2 the back n think bout wht to say

               mann poor kid's just stewing n i want more coffee but j dunno i feel for him

   Jeon Seagull: poor guy.

   Pink Princess: Oh man thats not good..

   God of Destruction: I'll say.

   HobiHobi: noooo poor cutie go cheer him up tae

   Jeon Seagull: ABSOLUTELY NOT

   TaeTae: Got my refill. Other guy is nowhere 2 be found

   Pink Princess: oh the JERK dont tell me he ran away

   TaeTae: HE JUST CAME FROM THE BACK AND KISSED THE OUT OF THE DUDE HOLY

               'I didnt want to admit it 2myself but ive always had a tbing for u'

               THIS IS NOT HAPPENING OMG IM SCREAMING

   Pink Princess: !!!!!! omgggg so cute i cant even

   HobiHobi: hell yeah happy ending

   Jeon Seagull: pfft yeah well good riddance

   HobiHobi: lol jealous much?

   Jeon Seagull: stfu hyung why would i be jealous

   God of Destruction: yep he's jealous alright lol Tae has high standards so if HE says the dude's so hot he must be SUPER FKING HOT

   Jeon Seagull: u hyungs im not jealous ok?

   TaeTae: sure u arent babe <3 ;)

   Jeon Seagull: .. Tae not u too...

 

Jimin was crying with relief now, while Yoongi held him close, his hair with an adoring smile.

"I can't believe u feel the same way, hyung," Jimin sobbed into his new lover's chest. Yoongi grinned and tilted his chin up to kiss him lightly on the lips. Jimin smiled tearily and threw his arms back around the other, pulling him into a huge bear hug. Yoongi smiled, then glanced at Taehyung who quickly looked away, pretending to be examining the hideous painting on the wall.

 

   TaeTae: they just asked me if it was ok if they left 4 a fe w mins OF COURSE ITS OK

   HobiHobi: so cute <3 *dies*

   Pink Princess: this is so cute its making my teeth rot

   Jeon Seagull: good 4 them

   HobiHobi: pffft jealous

   Jeon Seagull: SHUTUP HYUNG

   Pink Princess: lolll kookie

   Jeon Seagull: i hate u all

   God of Destruction: yeah as if. u love tae's 2 much for that.

   Jeon Seagull: don't talk about my baby's hyung if u dont wanna die

   Pink Princess: excuse me maknae just who do u think ur threatening??

   HobiHobi: oohhhhh Jin hyung's mad

   Jeon Seagull: sorry hyung

   HobiHobi: loll

   Pink Princess: good.

   TaeTae: they just came back holding hands and smiling ajakfiwjdjaj

               they look so ing HAPPY

               this is so beautiful

   Pink Princess: ahh young love

   HobiHobi: ha wht r u then hyung a grandpa?

   Pink Princess: Jung. Hoseok.

   HobiHobi: SORRY sorry hyung my 4ever single  is just being jealous

   TaeTae: They just kissed again but tried to do it discreetly so i wouldnt see these two r perfect

   God of Destruction: dayumm manners

 

"Here," Jimin smiled shyly at Taehyung, sliding him a plate with a chocolate chip muffin on it. "Sorry for that. This is for dealing with us." Taehyung grinned delightedly at the delicious looking muffin, and winked at the cute barista.

"It was a pleasure," he told him, laughing to himself at the sight of Yoongi who was trying to hide the way he was glaring at him. "You two are super cute together."

"Thank you!" Jimin beamed, turning to shoot a blinding smile at Yoongi. The blond haired boy looked momentarily stunned, and Taehyung really couldn't blame him. That smile was a ing weapon loaded with enough cuteness to melt an iceberg.

 

   TaeTae: the cutie just brought me a free muffin for "dealing with them" DUDE IT WAS AN HONOR

   Jeon Seagull: Tae will u please stop calling him the cutie

   HobiHobi: ^ whatd i say. whipped

   Pink Princess: lol

   TaeTae: sorry babe~ u know i love u the most <3<3

   Pink Princess: ......

   God of Destruction: .....

   HobiHobi: STOP. ugh why am i fifth wheeling all the time

                  i hate couples

   TaeTae: lol sorry hyung

   Jeon Seagull: lol im not

   HobiHobi: Jeon Jungkook u little

   TaeTae: ok im leaving now cuz theyr closing but tonight has firmly restored my faith in humanity

               LOVE IS OUT THERE, BE LIKE CAFE BOY AND FIND IT

   Pink Princess: Preach.

   God of Destruction: Amen to that.

   HobiHobi: this is my new life motto. now if i could just find the perfect person...

   Jeon Seagull: u coming home then hyung?

   TaeTae: yeah u think u can draw up a bath for me babe? im so fking exhausted

   Jeon Seagull: of course<3

   HobiHobi: THIS IS WHAT I MEAN

                  do all ur sickly sweet couple in ur own chatroom and dont torture me like that ugh

   TaeTae: lol hyung

               u want me to introduce some of my friends to u?

   HobiHobi: ... im not THAT desperate just yet

   Pink Princess: yeah right

   HobiHobi: fine

                  yeah pls tae

                  someone nice

                  and hot

                  and cute

                  with a rockin bod

   God of Destruction: thats the exact reason why ur single hobi

                                u have ing high standards

   HobiHobi: ... i cant deny this

   TaeTae: lol ok hyung ill text u the deets tomorrow

              and Kookie baby thanks ur so sweet<3

   Jeon Seagull: no problem hyung

                       come on home ill give u a massage as well

   TaeTae: JUNGKOOK I LOVE U ur a lifesaver

   HobiHobi: yeah ok. thats it. im done. im outta here.

 

Taehyung sneezed once as he waited for the bus. Across the street, he spotted Yoongi and Jimin walking home together and snapped a quick photo. Those two were just too cute together. The sight of the two lovebirds made him look forward even more to getting home to his Jungkookie. He was so lucky to have such a perfect boyfriend, and he hoped the new couple would have just as happy and long a relationship as he himself had. But he didn't worry too much. He had a strange feeling they would.