2/2

Birthday Surprise Just For You

On Hakyeon’s birthday, at Hakyeon's house...

              "Eomma! Where are you?" Hakyeon calls for his mom as he steps down the stairs from his room. Then he hears his mom voice from the living room. "Okay. That will be no problem," says Mrs Cha to the person on the phone. Hakyeon walks towards his mom and sits beside her. "Okay, see you," Mrs Cha ends the call then looks at her son lovingly. "Good morning, birthday boy! Happy birthday, dear!" She says as she ruffles the younger's hair. "No kiss?" Hakyeon asks cutely as he blinks his eyes. "Of course, you will get kisses from me," Mrs. Cha replies as she cups her son's face and plants several kisses around the younger's face. The younger giggles at his mom's respond. "A kiss from me too," Mr. Cha, who just comes out from his work room says as he plants a kiss on top of Hakyeon's head. "Happy birthday, son!" He continues as he smiles. "Thank you, eomma, appa!" The son says in a happy tone.

             "So, do you have anything you want as a present?" The father asks his only son. "Hmmm... A year stock of banana milk? Or maybe the banana milk factory?" Hakyeon asks back as he grins at his parents which shows that he's joking. "Well, I can't do that but I can always refill your banana milk stock in the fridge. You won't run out of it," Mr. Cha mutters and that makes the little one jumps excitedly. "Really? Promise?" Hakyeon asks with a pair of hopeful eyes. "Of course. You don't have to wait for weekend to buy it anymore. It will always be in the fridge. But promise me not to drink it too much. It’s good for you but drink it too much also can lead to something bad," Mr. Cha promises and add some advice for his son. Usually, they will buy the banana milk stock on weekend since the parents free at that time. So, the little one has to wait for weekend to drink banana milk if he runs out of it. "I will drink three to four times a day! Is that okay, appa?" Hakyeon asks in a cute way as his hands shows mini heart to his father. "I can drink that much, right?" Hakyeon asks again and this time blinking his eyes along cutely, hoping that his father won't reduce the count he suggested. "Three to four times a day will do," Mr. Cha states with a smile. He knows how his son loves banana milk. Hakyeon even ever put away his video game and finished his home works just because his mom will prevent him from drinking banana milk the whole week if he doesn't finish his homework first. "Thank you, appa!!!" Hakyeon cheers happily as he hugs his father. "You're most welcome, son," Mr. Cha responds as he ruffles the younger's hair.

        "Is there anything else you want?" Mrs. Cha turn to ask. "Hmm... New video game?" Hakyeon answers with question too. "Hmmm... Okay then. Let's have breakfast first then go the shopping mall to buy your video game. We will celebrate your birthday at your favourite cafe during lunch. How's that sound?" Mrs. Cha asks as she looks at her husband and son with a smile. "That's great!" Hakyeon exclaims happily. "I have no problem with that," Mr Cha replies with a smile. Hakyeon cheers happily as he heads to the kitchen with his parent.

After breakfast...

        "Yay!! We're gonna buy new video game!" Hakyeon cheers as he gets inside the car. Mr and Mrs. Cha only can shake their head and chuckle at their only son's behavior. On the way to the mall, Hakyeon pats his mom's shoulder. "Eomma, did Woonie call you or message you anything?" He asks. "Taekwoonie? No. Why, darling?" Mrs. Cha asks her son back. "Oh, nothing," Hakyeon replies as he looks outside the window. "No wish? Hmmm..." Hakyeon asks in his heart. Suddenly his gloomy face turns happy. "Maybe he wants to surprise me like I did?" Hakyeon says as he claps his hands several times but of course silently. "You can't fool me, Woonie," Hakyeon confidently whispers to himself.

That night...

         Hakyeon is sitting in front of his home phone with a flower pose hands supporting his cute face, waiting patiently for a call from Taekwoon. "He should be calling me... Its almost 8 o'clock now..." he sighs. "Darling, are you going to make a hole on that phone or what? You've been staring it for an hour," Mrs. Cha asks. "I'm waiting for something," Hakyeon replies with a weak voice, his eyes still on the phone. "Something or someone?" Mrs. Cha asks with a mysterious smile on her face. Mr. Cha, who is sitting beside her only let out a small chuckle. They know what Hakyeon's waiting for. It’s a call from Taekwoon. They also know why Taekwoon doesn't even call Hakyeon on his birthday. It’s a part of the plan to surprise Hakyeon. "Both, I think," Hakyeon innocently answers. When the clock exactly 8 o'clock, Hakyeon gives up and weakly climbs the stairs to his room. "Darling, where you're going?" Mrs. Cha asks. "To my room," Hakyeon replies without looking at his mom. "What about your banana milk? You always drink it before sleep, right?" Mr. Cha turn to ask his only son. "I'm not in the mood for banana milk," Hakyeon simply answer. Mr and Mrs. Cha looks at each other. In this case, banana milk can't win over Taekwoon... Oh well... They can't do anything though since it’s a plan. They can only wait for Mrs. Jung to call and bring their son to the Jung family's house.

In Hakyeon's room...

            Hakyeon throws himself on the bed. He reaches for his favorite bunny plushie given by Taekwoon. Its name is Taekkie ( combination from Taekwoon and Tookkie - bunny in Korean ). "Taekkie-ah~ why Woonie don't call me? Or at least message me... He never forgets to wish me birthday..." Hakyeon says as he cries while hugging Taekkie. "Is Woonie start to forget me?" Hakyeon starts to think negative.

            Suddenly, Hakyeon hears several knocks on his door before the door is opened by his mom. Hakyeon immediately turns, giving his back to him mom. "Hakyeonnie, let's get ready! Taekwoon is sick! Faster!" Mrs. Cha says in rush. "Woonie what?!" Hakyeon asks in shock as he immediately turns and jumps of the bed. He wipes away his tears. "Woonie sick?! Where?! Let's go meet him, eomma! Please..."Hakyeon pleads as he shakes his mother's hand while showing a hopeful face. His eyes start to fill with tears again. Just in one second Hakyeon's cheeks start to wet with his tears. Mrs. Cha starts to feel guilty since Taekwoon is not sick actually. It’s just a part of the plan to surprise Hakyeon on his birthday. But she has no choice.

          "Okay, let's go. Appa already started the car," Mrs. Cha says as she escorts her son to the car. Without changing his pajama, Hakyeon obeys and follows his mother. For him, Taekwoon is more important.

          All the way to Taekwoon's house, Hakyeon only stay silent. It worries both of his parents. Even though he's not crying anymore, tears stain still can be spot on his cheeks. Taekwoon’s condition is the only think in his mind at that time. And he’s like that until they arrive at the younger’s house.

                “Dear, we have arrived,” Mrs. Cha calls and it snaps the younger from his own world. Hakyeon quickly presses the bell of Taekwoon’s house. After a few seconds, the door opened by Mrs. Jung. “Aunty! Where’s Taekwoonie?” Hakyeon asks as soon he sees Mrs. Jung. “He’s in his room. Go on and check on him,” Mrs. Jung replies with a worry face. Hakyeon rushes himself to Taekwoon’s room and knocks the door as soon as he arrived. “Woonie~ can I come in?” Hakyeon asks to be polite but there’s no answer. Hakyeon then attempts to open the door slowly. The room is dark. When Hakyeon pushes the door more, he can see a dim light in the middle of the room. In the middle of room, there is Taekwoon standing straight while holding a cake with lighted candles on it. The candles help Hakyeon to recognise Taekwoon’s face and that’s the moment Hakyeon loss his word. His mind is full of question marks. ‘What happened here? Wasn’t Taekwoon sick? What is this?’ That’s some of the questions that pops out in Hakyeon’s mind.

 

                “Happy birthday, Hakyeonnie,” Taekwoon says with his soft voice but still can be hears by Hakyeon. Hakyeon immediately realizes what happened. “So, this is only a prank?” Hakyeon asks. Taekwoon smiles awkwardly as he nods. Hakyeon can see the nod and immediately feel relief. He walks fast towards Taekwoon and reaches for the cake. He put the cake on the nearest table before coming back to Taekwoon. Luckily there are the candles that help to shine the room a bit. Without wasting time, Hakyeon immediately pulls Taekwoon into a hug. “Do you know how much I worry about you?” Hakyeon asks as he starts to cry on Taekwoon’s shoulder. Taekwoon freezes at his spot. He didn’t expect this is Hakyeon’s reaction. “Why you do this to me?” Hakyeon asks again as he can feel Taekwoon freeze. Taekwoon quickly comes back to reality. “Hakyeon-ah, I didn’t mean to hurt you or worry you… I just want to surprise you on your birthday and I thought this idea is okay,” Taekwoon answers as his voice becomes lower and lower. He feels guilty for making Hakyeon like this. Hakyeon doesn’t reply anything and keeps on burying his face on Taekwoon’s shoulder and crying. He hiccups too and that makes Taekwoon worry.

 

                At the same time, Mrs. Jung and Mrs. Cha have been listening to their son’s conversation. They finally decide to tell the truth and get inside the room after switching the light on. “Hakyeon-ah, I’m sorry…” Mrs. Jung says. “Eomma also sorry,” Mrs. Cha mutters and it makes Hakyeon releases the hug and turns to face the elders. “So, eomma already know?” Hakyeon asks between his hiccups. “Yes, dear. I’m sorry…” Mrs. Cha says as her tears start to fall one by one. “Eomma… don’t cry…” Hakyeon says as he hugs his mom. “I’m not going to mad. I’m fine…” Hakyeon assures his mother as he stops crying. “I’m sorry too, Hakyeon. It’s all my plan. Taekwoon only follow…” Mrs. Jung explains. “No, it’s okay, aunty. As long as Taekwoon is okay, I’m fine,” Hakyeon says states as he doesn’t want both elder to be worry. “Thank you, Hakyeonnie,” Mrs. Jung mutters as she pats Hakyeon’s head and gives a smile and Hakyeon replies with a smile too. “Eomma, I’m okay. Stop crying,” Hakyeon says to his mom as he releases the hugs as looks at his mom. He wipes of the tears at his mom’s cheeks. Mrs. Cha also does the same to her son. “Okay, I won’t. I will leave both of you here. Eomma will be with the others at the kitchen. You can take how much time you want. Have fun with Taekwoon, okay? He prepares everything with all his heart,” Mrs. Cha says to her son. “Neh, eomma. I will,” Hakyeon obeys as he gives a smile to his mother.

 

                “Just stay here tonight. Besides, tomorrow is holiday,” Mrs. Jung offers. “Just stay here, Hakyeonnie~” Taekwoon says as he stands besides Hakyeon. “Will that be okay, eomma?” Hakyeon asks his mom. “If it’s not a burden to Mrs. Jung, I have no objection,” Mrs. Cha replies. “It’s not a burden. Both of you and your husband can use the guest room and Hakyeon will sleep here with Taekwoon,” Mrs. Jung says with a smile. “If you said so, I have no choice but to agree,” Mrs. Cha says jokingly. “Have fun, kids. We will leave both of you alone,” Mrs. Jung says as she and Mrs. Cha walk out from the room and head to the kitchen to have dinner with their husband.

 

                Taekwoon close the door before facing Hakyeon then looks down. “I’m sorry…” he mutters slowly as he looks at his cute fluffy cat slippers. “Who are you sorry to? That fluffy cat? Or me?” Hakyeon asks as he points at the fluffy slippers that Taekwoon’s wear. He tries his best to hold his laugh. Taekwoon immediately looks at Hakyeon. “Of course, to you,” Taekwoon says firmly. Hakyeon can see that Taekwoon is sincere and Taekwoon’s eyes starts to form tears that threaten to fall anytime. “Aww… you know I can’t mad at you, right?” Hakyeon asks as he hugs Taekwoon. Taekwoon’s tears automatically fall with that action. “I just want to surprise you…” Taekwoon says softly as he buries his head into Hakyeon’s neck. “You know what, you’ve succeed on surprising me,” Hakyeon says jokingly and it earns a knock on the back of his head. “Aww! What’s that for?” Hakyeon asks as he scoffs. “For making me cry,” Taekwoon simply answer and it makes Hakyeon laughs. Taekwoon lets go of the hug and looks at laughing Hakyeon. When Hakyeon feels like someone is judging him, Hakyeon immediately stops laughing and looks at the judge. “What? It’s funny,” Hakyeon claims. Taekwoon wipes his tears. “It’s just nice to see you laugh,” Taekwoon says almost whispering. “What?” Hakyeon asks again. “I said… ugh…  nevermind,” Taekwoon groans as he heads to the cake. “Aww~ Taekwoonie~ say it again…” Hakyeon tries to gain Taekwoon’s attention as he follows the younger.

           Taekwoon takes some icing with his finger and immediately smears it at Hakyeon’s nose. “I said it’s nice to see you laugh,” Taekwoon repeats what he said just now with a clearer voice. Hakyeon immediately freeze at his place. “Hakyeon-ah…” Taekwoon calls as he waves his hand in front of the elder’s face. “Hakyeonnie!” Taekwoon calls again as he shakes Hakyeon’s shoulder a little. “You’re so cute, Taekwoonie!” Hakyeon squeals suddenly as he pinches both of Taekwoon’s cheeks. Taekwoon turns blank before he realizes what happened. “Hakyeonnie, stop it,” Taekwoon whines as he blushes by Hakyeon’s praise. “Ohh… Taekwoonie blushing!” Hakyeon squeals again after releasing his hands from Taekwoon’s cheeks. “It’s not blush, it’s from your pinches,” Taekwoon denies as he turns to cut the cake and places one slice of it on a plate before gives it to Hakyeon. Hakyeon happily takes the cake and sits at the sofa. When Taekwoon joins him after with a cake for his own, he giggles since Taekwoon’s face still look pinkish due to blushing. “What?” Taekwoon asks. “Nothing,” Hakyeon simply answers as he enjoys the cake with Taekwoon. Then, they clean the table and send the dishes downstairs before they come back into the room. They play around and have fun before sleeping through the night.

               


Here's the last chapter :D Doesn't this remind you guys of Taekwoon's suprised party for Hakyeon in MTV Diary? XD That inspired me *grins*

Hope you guys have fun reading it ^^

Maybe some of it sounds unreasonable or impossible since it's just my imagination. Sorry for that *bows*

Don't forget to subscribes, comments and upvotes <3

Thank you for everything :)

p/s :

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HAKYEON OPPAAAAAAA!!! <3

HOPE YOU HAVE A GOOD DAY!

HOPE YOU STAY HEALTHY ALWAYS AND ACHIEVE ALL YOUR DREAMS ^^

I know he wont read this but... why not? hehe...