1/2

Birthday Surprise Just For You

At Taekwoon’s house…

            “Ringggg,” Taekwoon’s alarm clock rings. Taekwoon reaches for the clock and shut it down before stretching his arms. He then jumps off his bed and heads to the bathroom with a towel. After a few minutes, he gets out from the bathroom and reaches for his outfit for the day. Its Friday and it’s school holiday. So, he doesn’t have to attend school. After he finishes dressing himself, he heads to his study table opposite his bed and looks at the calendar. It’s his habit since last two years. “Oh! Tomorrow is Hakyeon’s birthday! Oh no! What should I do? Will he mad at me if I only give him simple present? He prepared an event for me last time though. I should do one too, right?” a lot of questions fills his head. “But what should I do? I don’t have idea…” another question pops out and it makes Taekwoon facepalms. “Maybe I should ask eomma,” Taekwoon states as he runs down to search for his mom.

            “Eomma! Help!” Taekwoon exclaims as soon as he sees his mom at the kitchen preparing breakfast. “Oh, son. You’ve awake. What’s with that face? Anything happened?” Mrs. Jung asks her precious son. “Tomorrow is Hakyeon’s birthday…” the younger answers. “Okay, what’s with it?” Mrs. Jung asks as she still can’t understand. “That’s mean I have to prepare something…” Taekwoon replies. “So, you want me to bring you to the mart to buy present?” Mrs. Jung asks with a smile. At the moment she thought she finally understand what her son says, Taekwoon shakes his head in denial. Her eyebrows meet again. "You know last year Hakyeon prepared an event for me, right? We went to his house on my birthday night," Taekwoon explains since his mom still can't get it. He plays with his fingers as he looks down. "Oh... So, you're going to prepared an event for him too?" Mrs Jung asks for confirmation. "Yes... But I don't know what to do..." Taekwoon answers softly as he looks at his feet as if he talks with them. "Aww... Don’t worry, son. Eomma is here to help you. Appa is free today too. So, we can go to the supermarket to buy something to eat and some birthday decorations," Mrs Jung says with a smile. "But... That will be the same as what Hakyeonnie done. I want to surprise him better than he did," Taekwoon determined. "Hmmm... Aha! I have an idea!" Mrs Jung exclaims. "What is it?" Taekwoon asks as he looks at his mom with sparkling eyes. Mrs Jung tells her son the plan and Taekwoon simply agree to it. He can't wait to surprise Hakyeon.

Flashback...

On Taekwoon's birthday...

            "Hello, Jung family's house here," Taekwoon answers the phone. "Woonie! Hakyeon`s here!" Hakyeon cute voice can be hear on the line. "Oh, Yeonnie! What's the matter?" Taekwoon asks in curiosity. "Are you free tonight?" Hakyeon replies with a question too. "Hmmmm... Yeah, I'm free," Taekwoon's answers after thinking for a while. He supposed to be free since his parents celebrate his birthday this afternoon. His parents never prepared a birthday party since he is the one who doesn't want any. The last birthday party he had was before he attends kindergarten. This is because Taekwoon don't really have friends during kindergarten due to his personality which is a silent boy. He only talks when needed but with a soft voice. He doesn't really talk with the other as well as Hakyeon. But Hakyeon never whine about that and keep on cheering his day. Day after day, Taekwoon finally open up to Hakyeon and they become bestfriend.

        "Great! Come to my house with your parents. There is something I want to show you," Hakyeon says excitedly. "Do I have to?" Taekwoon asks. "Aww~ please~ I know you won't disappoint me, right?" Hakyeon asks cutely and it works on Taekwoon. "Okay... I will," Taekwoon agrees. "Assa! See you, Woonie!" Hakyeon cheers before he cut the line. "Huh? Just that? No birthday wish for me? Yeonnie forgot my birthday?!" Taekwoon whispers to himself in disbelief. Start from that he become gloomy. How could his best friend forget his birthday? During the birthday celebration with his parents, Taekwoon shows his fake smile to take care of his parents’ feelings. But, as a parent, they notice that and try to cheer him up anyhow. Taekwoon won't tell his parent what's bothering him and it makes his parents more worry.

That night...

            Taekwoon and his parent heads to the Cha family's house as planned. Taekwoon still with his gloomy mode. He's going to ask Hakyeon a lot of question after this. He need an explanation about what happened. All the way to the destination, Taekwoon only crosses his arms around his chess and stay quiet. After a few minutes, they arrive at the destination. "Woonie, we've arrived. Let's get down," Mr. Jung says to his only son since the younger seems in his own world. "Oh, okay," Taekwoon replies as he gets down from the car and holds his mom's hand. Then, they walk towards the door before ringing the bell. Not long after that, the door open and a cute little guy greet them. "Woonie! Aunty! Uncle! Let's get inside," Hakyeon greets in a cheerful tone. "Thank you, Hakyeonnie," Mr and Mrs. Jung say and get inside the house together with Taekwoon. "Eh? Why Taekwoon didnt greet me? That's weird," Hakyeon whispers to himself. "Maybe he's not in his mood," Hakyeon thinks positive.

            "Oh, Mr and Mrs. Jung! It has been a while," Mr. Cha greets his guest. "Yeah, how are you?" Mr. Jung asks with a smile. "Doing good," Mr. Cha replies. "Hi, Taekwoonnie!" Mrs. Cha greets the younger as she pats his head. "Hi, aunty," Taekwoon greets back with a force smile, still not in the mood. "Let's head to the dining room. I cooked something for you guys," Mrs. Cha says as she points to the dining room. "Omo... Why bother..." Mrs. Jung politely says. "It's nothing. It's Hakyeonnie's wish. He wants to show Taekwoonnie something," Mrs. Cha explains. "I can borrow Woonie for a while, right, aunty? Uncle?" Hakyeon asks with his cute smile. "Sure, Hakyeonnie. Take care of my son, okay?" Mrs. Jung agrees as he smiles back at the younger. "Always do," Hakyeon replies sweetly which lead to the other's laugh. Of course exclude Taekwoon.

          "Let's go, Woonie! You'll be shock! Prepare your heart!" Hakyeon says cheerfully as he holds Taekwoon's hand and head to the garden besides his house while the parents head to the dining room. Before they come out, Hakyeon asks Taekwoon to wears a blindfold. "Do I need to do this?" Taekwoon asks, still not in the mood. "Yes, please~" Hakyeon pleads in a cute voice. "Okay... But, can you tell..." Taekwoon wants to ask why Hakyeon forget his birthday but he's been cut. "Later, okay? I need you to see something first," Hakyeon says and Taekwoon gives up as he wears the blindfold to cover his eyes. "Okay, follow follow me," Hakyeon says jokingly as he leads Taekwoon to the garden. "Now, release your blindfold," Hakyeon orders and the taller one follow.

           Taekwoon is greet by a small garden that has been decorated beautifully. There are some drawings by Hakyeon hanging everywhere. On the table in the middle of the garden, there are a regular size of fresh cream cake. There are also lights hanging everywhere which makes the garden even more beautiful. There are also lights around the swing. The flowers in the garden make the decoration even more perfect.

          "Surprise!!!" Hakyeon shouts in a cheerful tone. At that time, Taekwoon already crying. "Woonie! Why? Not nice? You don't like this? Or did my voice too loud? Did it hurt you?" Hakyeon asks nonstop, worry. Suddenly, Taekwoon hugs Hakyeon. "Mianhae..." That short word comes out from Taekwoon's mouth makes Hakyeon even more confuse. "I thought you forgot my birthday. You don't even wish me when you called me this morning. I feel betrayed," Taekwoon lets out what he feels. Hakyeon smiles when he heard it. "Woonie, do you know that you're cute?" Hakyeon asks playfully. "So, this is the reason why you're gloomy earlier. Just now, you want to ask about this too, right? It's okay. It’s not your fault. It's my plan. I just want to surprise you. At least if we're not in the same primary school, you can remember me because of this," Hakyeon says as he pats Taekwoon's back. He didn't expect this is Taekwoon's reaction. Well, at least he knows how much Taekwoon cherishes him. "Not same primary school? Why? Where are you going?" Taekwoon asks immediately. His tears stop automatically. "No... I just say if. Of course I want to be in the same school as you," Hakyeon says with a smile. "Don't go anywhere far without my permission," Taekwoon says as he pouts. Hakyeon laughs at how cute Taekwoon is. "If I send to different school, we don't have no choice," Hakyeon says. "Nooo... I will follow you," Taekwoon shamelessly says without thinking twice. His cold acts disappear tonight. He also doesn't know why. "Arasseo. Now, let's enjoy the party. I prepared this the whole day. But of course with the help of my parents. You know I'm short to reach that high place," Hakyeon says jokingly makes the other laughs softly.

          "You draw that? That is the time where both of us play with the cat at school, right?" Taekwoon asks as he points at one drawing hanging a little bit higher than their height. It's a drawing of two boys playing with a cat. "Yeah, beautiful right?" Hakyeon asks as he smiles sheepishly. "I draw better than you," Taekwoon proudly says. More like shamelessly says XD Hakyeon tries to hold his laughs from escaping his cute mouth. "Neh... Neh... Now let's eat the cake. I baked it with my mother this afternoon," Hakyeon changes the topic and pulls Taekwoon's hand lightly to the table in the middle of the garden. "Cats!!!!" Taekwoon exclaims as he claps his hands cutely after he sees cat decoration on the cakes and there are also two small cat dolls on the cake. He really off guard that night. "You like it?" Hakyeon asks with full of hope. Taekwoon looks at Hakyeon hopeful face. "No," he coldly answers and its make Hakyeon pouts. "You're happy just now," Hakyeon states the truth. He knows that Taekwoon only play hard to get with him. Well, he knows Taekwoon better. "Then, why you asked?" Taekwoon shots with a question as he can't take of his eyes from the cake. "Well..." Taekwoon immediately splits some fresh cream on Hakyeon's nose before the shorter one finish his sentence. "Yah! Taekwoonnie~" Hakyeon whines. "You talk too much. I want to eat the cake already," Taekwoon says as he smiles while sitting on the chair, ready to eat the cake. "Arasseo," Hakyeon simply replies before he jumps on his chair and takes a plate with a spoon. He cuts some of the cake and puts it on the plate before giving it to Taekwoon.

          "How is it? Delicious?" Hakyeon asks with a hopeful tone after Taekwoon takes a bite. "Hmmm... Okay," Taekwoon answers in a flat tone and a straight face. That makes Hakyeon disappointed. He spends half of his day working on the cake. But what he got? An 'okay' from a friend he cherishes the most. He then gets down from his chair and about to walk away to the swing, sulking at Taekwoon. "Hakyeonnie~" Taekwoon calls the shorter with his soft voice but he gets no reply. "Yeonnie~" Taekwoon calls again but this time with more cute voice. Well... Hakyeon is Hakyeon. He lost when Taekwoon uses his expensive cute voice. "Yes?" Hakyeon asks without looking at Taekwoon, still sulking. "I want the cake again. It's really delicious," Taekwoon says as he smiles. "Really?!" Hakyeon exclaims in excitement as he turns around before going besides Taekwoon. "You're not lying, right?" Hakyeon asks for confirmation. Taekwoon nods and smiles in return. Hakyeon immediately hugs Taekwoon. "Yay! It’s a success! I really thought you don't like it," Hakyeon cheers. "Errrr… Yeonnie, I need to breath," Taekwoon says as he pats Hakyeon's shoulder several times. "Ohhh! Sorry," Hakyeon mutters as he quickly let the taller go. "Okay, now let's eat the cake," Hakyeon says before he puts another piece of cake on Taekwoon's plate.

            "Oh, Taekwoon, do you want to see your other present?" Hakyeon asks as he smile sheepishly. "This is enough for me. This is one of the best present I got," Taekwoon says sincerely. He likes this present and he thinks this is more than enough. He knows Hakyeon works hard for this. The cake is also delicious and it match his taste. "What if I still want to give you the present? It's very special and you can't get it from someone else," Hakyeon insists. Being the curious kid he is, Taekwoon agrees to get that special present. Hakyeon walks towards Taekwoon. "Close your eyes," Hakyeon orders. "Again?" Taekwoon protests but he still obeys and it makes Hakyeon smiles. The shorter one gets his face closer to the taller and gives a peck at the taller's cheek. Taekwoon's cheeks immediately turns pinkish as his eyes still shut, shy to looks at the other. Hakyeon cracks up at the sight of cute Taekwoon. Taekwoon feels like he wants to hide under the table. He didn't expect it. "Woonie, until when you want to close your eyes?" Hakyeon asks. "I embarrassed," Taekwoon replies as he covers his face with his hands. "Awww~ it’s okay, you can open your eyes," Hakyeon assures the other. Taekwoon pulls down his hands slowly and he's greets by Hakyeon smiling face. Taekwoon once again feels shy when Hakyeon suddenly hugs him. "Hope our friendship stays forever and it will be stronger from time to time," Hakyeon says as he smiles and pats the younger's back. Taekwoon shyly hugs Hakyeon back. "I hope the same too," he shortly answers but Hakyeon can feel the others sincerity. Then, they release the hug and enjoy eating the cake while playing together the rest of the night.


Hi, everyone! Here is the first chapter :)

Hope you guys enjoy reading it :D

I don't know if the story make sense or not. That's just my imagination. Hehe...

Thank for subscribing <3

Don't forget to leave comments, subscribes and upvotes ^^ 

See you soon!

p/s : Happy becoming birthday, Daehyun oppa! (I'm a baby too XD)