How They Got Together

New Edition to the Family
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 


How they got together...

 


Jonghyun had taken Kibum out on a few more dates since their first one. He took them out to the park and more restaurants Kibum wanted to try. They had known each other for few months now and Kibum has definitely developed a crush on Jonghyun. He was sweet, genuine, polite, and Yoona seemed to really like him. 
He let Jonghyun around his daughter a little more. Although he had paranoid thoughts that what if something happens and they ended up not liking each other anymore?
He was probably over thinking but he didn't want to over think.

Jonghyun had called him the other day asking Kibum if he could cook for him as a little date. He was tidying up his place to make it presentable. Although Jonghyun said he didn't mind Yoona being there, Kibum instead opted for Minho babysitting her tonight.
When the doorbell rang he sprang up and checked himself in the mirror. Since they were just going to be in his home he was just dressed casual, a shirt and jeans. But no matter what he wore Jonghyun always claimed he looked great.
When he opened the door he came face to face with Jonghyun struggling to hold multiple grocery bags in his hands. 
"Hyung, why didn't you just call me for help?" Kibum said grabbing at lest two or three bags from him.
"I'm fine! I don't need any really!" He said.
Kibum walked him into the kitchen and helped take the food out of the bags. 
But Jonghyun was distracting him as he came up behind him and hugged him.
He learned Jonghyun was a touchy person, and honestly he didn't mind it. 
"What are you doing Hyung?" 
"Trying to distract you."
"Why?"
"Because if I let you keep helping me your going to want to do everything and today I'm suppose to be doing everything for you."
Kibum smiled.
"And who said this?"
"I did. Now go sit down."
"Tsk, how can I trust you in my kitchen?"
"I've been a single man for so long, I had to learn to cook for myself!" Jonghyun joked.
Jonghyun decided to treat Kibum today, no particular reason. He just really wanted too. 
He made the two a big dinner with a few struggles but was able to kept keep Kibum from trying to help him. He just asked Kibum to sit in the kitchen with him while cooked, but not to lift a finger.
They both conversated but Kibum couldn't help but stare at him with admiration when Jonghyun didn't notice. Jonghyun couldn't help to steal longing glances at Kibum either. They danced around each other.
Jonghyun didn't why they weren't together yet.
He dropped hints here and there and they kept going out on dates but Kibum hadn't mentioned anything about being together officially. He had to like him right? Or else he wouldn't be willing to go on those dates with him and let him hug and touch all over him. Right?
"Okay, it's ready now! I hope your ready to taste the most delicious meal your tongue will ever taste."
Kibum sarcastically applauded.
Jonghyun fixed them both a bowl with the side dishes, placing Kibum's down first.
"I've never cooked like this for someone before so please be nice..." Jonghyun said nervously.
Kibum eyed him before he stuffed a little in his mouth.
He chewed it slowly and Jonghyun watched nervously not touching his food yet waiting for Kibum to give his judgment.
"Do you like it?"
"Mmmm it's not all that good..."
Jonghyun face immediately turned panicked expression.
"R-really? I'm sorry... it was my first time making it. I c-can make it again? Or make something else? I'm not the best cook-"
"Oh my god Hyung I'm kidding!" Kibum said not bothering to hide his smile. 
"I can go make you something else if you want still."
"Hyung, it's delicious, really. Thank you so much for this." Kibum he said and laughed lightly afterwards.
Jonghyun sighed in relief.
"Of course, but Kibummie don't do that..."
Kibum stopped laughing.
"Kibummie? Nicknames already?"
"S-sorry it just slipped out...I thought it would be cute for your name..."
"Well it's only fair if I get to call you Jjong then."
Jonghyun smiled.
"Fair enough."

*

"Jjong l'm really sorry... I'm going to have to cancel  tonight again...I can't find a babysitter for Yoona." 
Kibum said over the phone.
"It's fine Kibum, I understand."
"But this is like the third time I canceled! It's just babysitters are just so expensive these days, and I pay for daycare while I'm at work too. And thankfully Minho does it for free but he is busy tonight too. I'm really sorry."
Jonghyun had asked Kibum to go with him to a new restaurant that had opened up but every time he hadn't been able to have someone watch Yoona. He felt bad about rejecting him multiple times, but Yoona needed to be taken care of first.
"Bummie I understand, honest. Don't feel bad, I know Yoona comes first. We can always reschedule." 
Jonghyun was a little disappointed but he couldn't ask Kibum to leave his child, he wouldn't do that.
Kibum nodded his head over the phone even though Jonghyun couldn't see him. 
But then an idea popped in his head.
"How about you come over..."
"Really?"
"Yea! We could watch a movie with Yoona. Has to be kid friendly so it will probably be a kids movie...if that's okay with you?"
"Honestly that sounds great. I'll be right over." 
Kibum felt giddy.
He's glad Jonghyun was so understanding and willing to except his parental responsibilities.
"Yoona-yah!" Kibum called.
Yoona came prancing into the kitchen from the living room where he took his call. Her signature styled pigtails skipping with her movements.
"Yes daddy?"
"Sweetheart guess who's coming over?"
Yoona looked up as if she was thinking really hard about the question and tapped her chin.
"Who?!"
"Jonghyun Oppa."
"REALLY?!" She said jumping up and down.
He was slightly taken aback by her excitement at seeing Jonghyun but he adored it either way.
"Yep! We're gonna watch a movie! Let's make popcorn and cookies, how does that sound?" 
"YAY!" She screamed running to the kitchen.

About thirty minutes later a knock was heard on the door. Kibum had to stop Yoona from running to the front door again. He sat her down on the couch and headed for the door.
He opened it feeling his heart beat fast.
"Hi Jjong."
"Hi Kibummie."
They were both dressed lazily since they were staying in tonight, but they both thought each other looked really good either way.
"Hi Oppa!" Yoona squealed.
"Princess!"
Jonghyun walked in and walked towards the couch, Yoona raised her arms towards him signaling that she wanted to be picked up.
"How are you Yoona?" Jonghyun asked holding her.
"Good! I'm happy you came over! We made cookies and popcorn! Let's have fun!" She said excitedly.
"No way! All that just for me?" Jonghyun asked.
"No! For all of us!"
"What? It's not for me? I don't want to share!"
Yoona leaned into his ear. 
"You have to share if you want daddy to keep liking you." She whispered yelled. Jonghyun chuckled at her cuteness.
"You're seriously too cute for words princess." He gushed over her.
"Wow, she gets a better greeting than me? I can't believe this." Kibum joked. Although he was watching the whole time and inwardly coo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter