The first encounter

Legendary Wings
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After a night of being bound to a beam, Taeyeon awoke to the sound of rustling and chirping as she snapped her eyes open and sprang up from her slouching position only to be greeted by Sehun who was munching on his apple and reading his scroll. Her sudden movement woke up Woo, who had been fast asleep on her head the whole night, causing him to fly back over to his master’s side, snuggling back at its post before falling back asleep.

“Finally awake, Ms. Piggy?” Sehun said with a faint smirk, still looking down at his wooden scrolls.

Taeyeon didn’t respond. Instead, she looked around and realized this wasn’t a dream after all. She slumped down on the beam before looking back at Sehun who lifted his head in her direction. Her brows furrowed slightly when he rose from his seat and walked towards her in a cheesy manner.

His eyes were crescent shape as his lips parted into a wide grin. He stopped in front of her before crouching to her level and cracked a cocky smirk. Taeyeon’s eyes narrowed as her brows knitted in confusion while he was inspecting her.

“What are you doing?” she uttered, noticing his gaze fixed on her as he bit the bottom of his lips in amusement.

She jumped slightly, when she felt his hands reach out to her, clenching her fist behind her instinctively. His fingers lightly touched the bottom of her chin, tilting it up so that she was now facing him, eye to eye. She diverted her attention to the other side as he smirked at her feisty attitude and sighed.

Her hands clenched tighter and her eyes glared fumes of anger the more he continued to inspect her. Just when she’s had about enough, Sehun’s hand was already distancing as he peered at a weird substance on his finger with amusement.

“Hmmm…what's this?” he muttered as he smelled the substance on his fingertips. He grimaced as he slowly turned to Taeyeon before scowling at her.

She let out a short inside chuckle as she gave Sehun a smug look, which he returned with a dumbfounded expression. He wrinkled his nose and scoffed softly as he got up from his crouching position and walked over to his table for a cloth to wipe off the pungent substance.

“Laugh all you want now, but today is where the real fun begins, for you, of course,” he said, emitting a sarcastic laugh and turning back around to look at her nonchalant expression.

She shot him a silent look. 

“Your training, idiot,” he cracked a side smirk. “Are you already forgetting the bet we made yesterday?”

Taeyeon shook her head as yesterday’s incident was clearly engrained in her head.

Sehun gave a faint smile as he looked at her from the corner of his eyes, “Well then…first thing first, I want you to wash all of the covers, especially the one with Woo’s accident,” Sehun teased as made a mocking disgusted look at the blanket encasing her.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes as she looked over at Woo and gave him a faint scowl.

“But first, I guess I’ll have to untie you…” he said as he walked over to her and started unknotting the tight robes binding her body and hand to the beam. In seconds, she was finally free and could roll her hands and flex her body once again. Being tied to a beam, however, has seriously put strains on her body that she felt some pain at her joints and muscles. Flinching a bit, she held onto her wrist and rolled her neck to relieve some of the pain. When she looked up she noticed a hand, Sehun’s hand, held out towards her as he looked down at her with a slight grin. Taeyeon cautiously peered at his broad hands, and after a few seconds of questioning his assistance, she grabbed it with hesitation as he pulled her up slowly.

She let out a faint sigh, after having been lying on the ground for so long, she felt like a new born that just started walking. Sehun smirked as he walked over to his table and grabbed a red apple from his platter.

“Catch!” A red apple came flying towards Taeyeon who barely managed to catch it from the sudden throw.

Sehun bit the bottom of his lips and grinned at her flustered expression, “I’ll be out for now, but when I come back I expect to see everything done,” he said in a bossy tone.

“There are clothes on the bed for you to change into if you’d like,” Sehun mentioned as he beckoned towards the light blue attire laying on the bed.

“And don’t forget, in exchange for your life I agreed to train you. Anything you do would put your life on the line,” he reminded her in a stern tone before walking out the door, leaving Taeyeon dumbfounded as she looked down at the apple in her hands and clenched it tightly in her fist whilst letting out a shaky breath.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Sneakily hiding behind a larger bolder was a young man and a woman, only within their late teens. The man had long brown locks that was neatly put into a ponytail while the girl was petite in size with a straight fringe and a neat side bun located at the side of her head hanging above the lose hairs she let fall to her back.

“Yah oppa…why are we hiding?” the girl whispered to the young man who grinned while peeking behind the large rock.

“Shhhh…” he responded quietly, cautiously craning his neck to see if the person was there.

The girl sighed, “Oppa, you know it will never work…” she said as she rolled her eyes at her brother who didn’t seem to listen.

“Shhhh, Nami… don’t blow my cover,” the boy remarked while his sister stuck her tongue out at him irately.

“Here he comes…” the boy suddenly said, quickly hiding his presence behind the rock, along with Nami who grew suddenly nervous from her brother’s news.

The two peaked over the rock slowly, as they noticed the other party walking out into the open and towards a tree. The man climbed up the tree, rested his back on a branch as he placed one hand behind his head, and stared into the distance.

“Now’s my chance,” the young man said as an evil grin crept on his face.

“Yah…” Nami said as she tried to grab onto her impetuous brother, but failed as he already skipped down the field stealthily.

The sun was beating down on to the green plains displaying morning at its peak. Sitting by the river, Taeyeon soaked the blankets in some water before laying them on a wooden board and beating them with a wooden stick she managed to find in the woods. She wiped her forehead as she focused on making sure the clothes were nice and fresh to avoid getting scolded again by Sehun. Speaking of him, she hadn’t seen him since the morning and was content with that. She felt his presence made her feel uneasy and aggravated the situation she was in even more when she sees him flash his cheesy grin.

Meanwhile, sitting quietly watching as she was performing her duties was Sehun. He watched her quietly until a brief breeze made his ear twitch, similar to a foe approaching him. When he looked up he noticed a familiar toothy grin glowing in the shadows of the leaves and immediately moved from his spot before the person could pounce onto him. Sehun swiftly flipped onto the ground and coming at him was his friend, Jiyong. Jiyong let out a smirk when he exchanged a few blows at Sehun, who managed to avoid his attacks with no effort. Sehun watched his movement carefully and inspected every attack that he was about to make. Finally landing an opening, Sehun began to attack by grabbing the arm that was heading towards his belt and flipped Jiyoung over to the ground as he began to pierce his pressure points with the tip of his fingers. Jiyoung flinched before he threw a kick at Sehun, who blocked the kick, and got up from the floor. After a couple more blows, Jiyong had already been pierced by Sehun three times and in minutes discovered himself on the floor with a stick pointed to his throat.

 “Not again…” he whined as he shook his head that were full of leaves. He blew the strands of hair away from his face in annoyance as he glared up at his best friend. Sehun reached out a hand to him and pulled him up to his feet.

“Yah, Sehun I want a rematch!” Jiyong yelled while Sehun just shot a looked at him and shook his head.

“What good will that do?” he answered apathetically, picking up a stone from the floor and handing it over to him.

“Here,” he said, “I’m all yours,” Sehun said, spreading out his arms to display that he is vulnerable as Jiyong just looked at him and scoffed at his petty actions.

“Well, don’t act like I won’t do it,” Jiyong said as he his tooth and narrowed his eyes at Sehun who signaled him to give his best shot. The young man hurled his fist back and swung his arm forwards as he let go of the stone. With a simple step, Sehun managed to dodge the stone with ease, but a sudden splash was heard on the other side of the bush.

“What was that…?” Jiyong asked as he heard a sudden shriek while Sehun let out a faint smirk.

The young man quickly went over by the river and to his surprise he found a girl in the river all soaked due to his reckless throw.

“A girl…?” he said in surprise, “…in this territory?”

Taeyeon looked up at the man with a livid expression as Sehun came up behind him and grinned.

“You’ve don’t it again, Jiyong,” Sehun said holding in his laughter as his eyes turned to Taeyeon who was obviously fuming with anger.

“Just be careful now, cause this little puppy bites,” Sehun informed him in a daunting manner.

“Yeah right,” Jiyoung said as he walked over to Taeyeon slowly to aid her. Taeyeon calmly stood back up on her own, rejecting Jiyong’s help as he looked at her with a dumbfounded expression.

Jiyong stood there dejectedly before realizing that he had been played. He took in a deep breath filled with anger and embarrassment before turning around to face her, “You must be new here…” he began with a slightly irritated grin.

Taeyeon stopped twisting her wet clothes, turned around and listened to the odd man that stood in front of her. He cleared his throat and glanced down at the sodden women in front of him, who seemed cold and distant.

With no response, but a cold glare Jiyong swallowed his spit as he darted around awkwardly, “I know your angry, but let me inform you that this was all my best friends idea and that he is responsible for everything,” he quickly spat.

Taeyeon looked at him indifferently and pulled herself back up on the dock. Ignoring his presence, she plopped the wet clothes into the wooden bucket with force while Jiyong stared at her, exerting an awkward laughter.

“Enough about me, and let’s learn more about you. What are you doing in the forest all on your own?” he asked showing off his toothy innocent grin. As usual, Taeyeon was unresponsive and only picked up her wooden bucket, aggravated by his existence.

Her silence only intrigued Jiyong even more, wanting to elicit a response from her. “I know you aren’t just here to do laundry, so let me introduce myself to you first.  My name is Jiyong and I am-”

“If you’ll excuse me, I’m extremely busy today,” Taeyeon said in a haste, about to walk away before Jiyong held out his arm to stop her.

“Not so fast, you haven’t answered my question yet,” he said as Taeyeon knitted her brows irately from the sudden contact.

Taeyeon grabbed his arm that was swung around her, twisted it behind his back and shoved him into the river deftly as Jiyong shrieked from the sudden ordeal that he was placed in. Sehun’s eyes widened as he watched the scene and not long after a small chuckle appeared on his face as he watched Jiyong struggle to get up while Taeyeon darted him a death glare.

Jiyong stood up, gasping for air as his entire body was soaked from the abrupt toss into the clear waters. He wiped his face as his eyebrows furrowed in anger.

“You…” Jiyong uttered in disbelief.

“I’ll appreciate it if you didn’t randomly lay your hands on me,” Taeyeon said in a stern daunting manner.

Jiyong let out a faint flustered scoff.

“Well…” he his tooth and cocked his head from side to side, “That didn’t mean you have to throw me,” he stated calmly with the corner of his lips twitching irately.

Taeyeon cracked a small smirk, “Well, I guess it your bad luck today for encountering someone like me,” she said.

“I was about to say the same thing,” Jiyong said in a sarcastic manner, “when I get back home I’ll make sure you get the infinite punishment there is for offending me,” Jiyong demanded.

Taeyeon shot him a look and shook her head, “Do what you want, I don’t have time to waste on you,” she said as she turned back around with the bucket of clothes.

“H-hey, are you not going to help me up,” Jiyong exclaimed, but Taeyeon was no longer around.

Meanwhile, Sehun stepped out from the shadows and grinned as he approached the fuming and livid Jiyong who began to kick the water in frustration as soon as Taeyeon exited the area.

 “Told you she was feisty,” he commented while Jiyong darted him a death glare kicking some water at his direction, which Sehun quickly dodged.

 “The nerve…and this was the thanks I get for being nice” he uttered through his clenched teeth and a forced grin.

“I’m going to make her my slave and you won’t even be able to stop me,” Jiyong said as he let out an evil laughter while Sehun just rolled his eyes.

“Suit yourself.  I guess you’re fine after all,” Sehun shrugged as he began to walk away.

 With a blank expression Jiyong realized he was still in the water and blinked at the disbelief that he was flipped by a girl. He quickly stood up and dragged his drenched body to the deck only to take a quick look back over his shoulder and sigh.

“I hate being nice…” Jiyong muttered as he let out a heavy sigh.

Meanwhile, Taeyeon was approaching the cottage when she spotted another girl, Nami, humming to herself as she was setting up the table in the front yard. Not interested in her presence at the moment, Taeyeon walked over quietly towards the wooden clothes hangers and began hanging the clean clothes out to dry. Little did she know, Nami had stopped what she was doing and fixed her eyes on her the entire time.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing here. Do you have no shame?” Nami exclaimed causing Taeyeon to halt and turn around to the source of the voice.

“I’m asking you a question are you deaf. Do you know where you are?” Nami stated with a stern tone while Taeyeon looked at her indifferently.

Taeyeon examined the girl in front of her. Nami was petite in frame with large brown orbs, a button nose and light brown hair, arranged in a neat half ponytail. She noticed that this girl didn’t seem pleased to see her, in fact she was practically barking at her. Nevertheless, she felt no need to explain herself as she was not compelled to do so if she didn’t want to. Wanting to avoid any trouble, she spun herself back around and picked up another piece of wet clothe to hang.

 Nami was surprised and flustered by the sudden appearance of another girl. It was rare that anyone would come by here other than herself and her brother, Jiyong. Seeing someone in the deep dark forest, especially near the cottage, only made her more curious and wonder what type of person it was that was special enough to gain the mercy of the wild animals lurking in the forest and Sehun himself.

As Taeyeon was about to hang

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter