Chapter 4

Heart in Time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 4

 

If Yumi felt weirded out and confused earlier with her mom and Mr. Jung, imagine her surprise when her grandma welcomed Mr. Jung with open arms. And she was crying.

WTAF?!

Was her and Mr. Jung that close before? The only reason they’ll be close is if they really dated each other and she assumed that that might be it because why else would Mr. Jung be almost hugging her mother in that picture with the baby who she forgot to ask again. Rather than stick around in the stickier situation, she made herself useful by setting up the table while she left the elders at the entrance. She’ll just wait for her Haneul unnie. A minute or so later she heard her cousins come in and heard her aunt Yoona being introduced. There were talking and sniffing, she bent backwards to check the situation, Mr Jung has his arms around her grandma and she was tapping Mr. Jung cheeks lightly. Mr. Creeps has a lot to answer to her. So does her mom. Her whole family. She went out and sat quietly at one of the vacant seats as she listened to their conversation of which she can’t understand too well since they were all talking in Korean. She just pick up words and phrases, she assumed some words were names. Her grandma keeps saying “Mianhe” to Mr. Jung. Why? Maybe they didn’t approve of him then? And he and her mom were asked to break up? Typical Korean drama. After almost half an hour Haneul came with Siwon. She introduced him to everyone and was also invited to dinner.

Wait. Maybe they were close family friends or something?

Right after the introduction, her uncle Jonghyun came and was surprised. Her uncle called Mr. Jung hyung and said “Mianhe” as well. They hugged and if she saw correctly they had tears in their eyes. Yumi stand closer to Haneul and whispered

“What are they saying?” she looked at the older girl

“They keep on saying sorry to dad”

“Why?” looking puzzled

Haneul shrug “I don’t know”

“Maybe my family owes your dad money and they weren’t able to pay back?”

Haenul and Siwon laughed “I don’t think so, are they family friends?” It was Siwons turn to asked as he observe what’s happening in front of them

And the two girls raised one of their shoulders lightly.

Another surprise was when her uncle Jonghyun came to their side and hugged her Haneul unnie. Her unnie smiled nervously looking lost. That’s when she saw her mom crying.

Why is everyone crying? Like it’s a big reunion or something. “Maybe Haneul unnie and I are cousins or close relatives?” Yumi thought. That would be possible given that she doesn’t know majority of her relatives.

After what looks like years of reconciliation, they were finally seated at the table. Her Grandpa at the center who was looking calm. He is on his good days. They brought in another table that was in their front yard so they’ll have enough space for everyone. The problem with not understanding a certain language is your as good as deaf, you watch their facial expressions and their lip movement instead and that’s what’s happening with Yumi. Her mom noticed it of course and just smiled at her. She was asked to sit beside Mr. Jung and her unnie and Siwon oppa beside her mom. She got tons of question but it was improper to blurt it out in the open. So she bit her tongue. She noticed how Mr. Jung seems to be so attentive to her, giving her food and was trying to converse with her. She also noticed her mom do the same to her unnie. Are they like old sweethearts and will try to get back together and is trying to get on her and her unnies good side?

Are they going to date soon?

Are they going to ask approval from her and her unnie so they can date?

She smiled widely “COOL!!” she didn’t knew she spoke loudly until she saw every looking at her. Her unnie and Siwon oppa were trying hard not to laugh. She must’ve looked stupid.

She bowed “I’m sorry”

The dinner continued and had move to the living room after leaving the younger ones to clean up. Younger ones meaning her and her two younger cousins. When they finished she went to her unnie and asked that they step out for some air. And the two did.

“Tell me what you think unnie, I’ve formulated a lot in my mind with what I’ve seen and as much as I can understand and I can’t seem to come up with anything”

“I have something Yumi but I’ll have to look at it first, but I don’t think it is but it’s not impossible”

“Unnie you’re scaring me”

Haneul looked at her “I’m scared myself”

Her face showed fear “That bad unnie?”

And then her unnies face showed something different “well, I don’t know how you’ll take it but it’s good I think”

“what?!”

“Oh I don’t know, I’m confuse myself” they sat at the patio frowning “But whatever that is, it might be something big Yumi, something unexpected and surprising and life changing, not just for you but for all of us”

“Unnie, you are really scaring me”

“Just be open to all possibilities okay.”

Yumi snorted “what kind of possibility? Like my dad coming back from the de

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter