Into the New World [2/2]

Playing With Death

 

A/N: Finalllyyy back after.. What, almost two years? Sadly since I forgot where I was going with this... Update will take long again..

 

Also what is with AF bolding everything???? It wont let me unbold and it's actually making me mad so I've given up on unbolding so uhm.. Good luck reading?

Yeesh Sungjong is pretty bad this chapter, will be explained later one why he is like this!!

 

Disclaimer that none of infinite belongs to me!


 

No matter how much Woohyun tried to justify himself as he was being dragged to his cell, it was all useless. Woohyun had tried countless times to explain to Jackson that he was falsely accused, that he had done nothing wrong. But it was either brushed off with a snicker, or a hum from the older male.

It didn’t help that he was SOAKED from Sungjong’s sudden appearance earlier.

 

“If only he didn’t burst in like that” he muttered to himself.

 

And as if to add insult to injury, he felt a kick to his , causing him to land on his stomach on the ground.

 

“What was THAT for?!” Woohyun hissed, sitting up to throw a glare at Jackson –who had this stupid grin that Woohyun wanted to wipe off his face-

 

“Just treating the new prisoner with my best hospitality~” Jackson replied back in a sing song voice, Woohyun swore he felt like throwing up right there.

 

Woohyun opened his mouth to yell back a remark but was stopped as Jackson wiggled a finger at him.

 

“Ah ah ah, if I were you I wouldn’t argue back. Hmm... I wonder what Lord Sunggyu would do if he heard that one of his workers was hurt by you, prisoner.”

 

At that, Woohyun quickly clamped his mouth shut.

 

He flinched at the sound of the door of the cell closing with a click, and waited until the other man left. Once he did he moved to the bed, laying down and heaving out a sigh. What a long day it was for him, to think his day would start from leaving the hospital and somehow being in this place. Zero was it called? As much as Woohyun tried to grasp any reason to how he got here, he had no idea.

Even as he traced back to previous steps and actions in his mind, it wasn’t working. He couldn’t find a possible solution at all; it felt so impossible for such a thing to ever happen. Yet here he was, in Zero.

Heaving a sigh he angrily ruffled his hair, clearly stressed at the thought of being here forever. It didn’t help that he was to be in some type of trial, and even the thought of execution was on the table.

 

First, he runs away from telling his parents his dreams, second, he ends up in this place, and third he could be killed.

 

This day could not get any worse!

 

Woohyun had forgotten to note how drenched he was to add onto the day being terrible.

 


 

During the time that passed, Woohyun had seated himself on the bed –half - and let’s say it was uncomfortable. Not only was the problem that he had so much on his mind, but it was also because he was drenched from the pink water.

Water of healing? Note to himself that rather than it being healing, it brought suffering to him.

Speaking of suffering, it couldn’t have gotten any worse.

 

But upon thinking that, he heard the door open to the building and footsteps sounded closer and closer to his cell until there was the man that dropped him here to begin with.

 

“Ready for your trial?”

 

If Woohyun could die right now, he really wished he could.


 

The trial had begun as he stood in front of the podium, the eyes of countless people sitting in the seats and staring at him with an expression he couldn’t read. But with such piercing eyes he could feel his heart beat fast. He didn’t like how unreadable they were, how their gazes pierced into him..

 

He really could not stand it.

 

On a balcony across from him, Sunggyu had been sat down in a chair to his left was Sungjong, and his right was Jackson. Underneath the balcony was another podium, a masked wearing individual stood there. Woohyun assumed that it was the judge.


“Now we are all gathered here for this.. Individual. He has infiltrated Zero, and even wandered into Lord Sunggyu’s garden without permission.”

And some gasps and whispers had begun to surface, and a slow sweat dripped down from Woohyun’s forehead down his cheek. From the gasps and whispers he could deduct one thing; this was very very bad.

 

“And so, individual, you will express your reasons for coming here. The floor is open.”

With a gulp, Woohyun took in a deep breath, exhaling shortly after.

 

“First of all, my name is Nam Woohyun, and well… I don’t know how I got here. I was at home! I walked home from the hospital after my checkup, and then I wanted to show my parents this.. Letter of mine. And before I knew it, I tripped down the stairs! And then I ended up here-”

 

“When will you stop this pathetic lie?” The masked judge’s voice cut him off with a harsh tone, causing Woohyun to flinch from such pressure from it. More sweat had begun to surface as he could feel his legs begin to shake. He knew this was not going to go well, why did he believe otherwise?

 

“You don’t just throw such a term out like a thief does! Hospital? Letter? What kind of nonsense are you speaking of?! I have heard enough excuses and yours is-!”

 

“Enough.” And so another deep voice spoke up, and immediately had the whole area gone silent. Woohyun’s eyes darted towards the balcony and there Sunggyu was, staring hard. But not at him, but at the judge.

 

“M-My lord Sunggyu! I was just-”

 

“Shut your mouth and let him fully express his own perspective.”

 

“But-”

 

And so blue eyes narrowed, glaring to the man and immediately had Woohyun felt an intense pressure. It was as if the air grew thick.

“Or would you prefer I go down there personally and take your words and shove them down your throat?”

 

There was shaking, intense shaking. And for once it wasn’t him, the man standing across from him was basically rattling from fear.

“N-No.. My lord..! I-I am sorry!”

 

Heh, he deserved it.

 

And so with a loud cough, the trial began once more.

 

“So let me understand. You were at a hospital for a checkup, and then you received a letter and then.. Out of excitement you tripped down the stairs?”

Now that Woohyun heard it being told once more, his cheeks flared red in embarrassment. It did sound kind of stupid. But Woohyun could do nothing more but nod.

 

“See, you are nothing more than a liar! Zero doesn't have any hospitals here, and-”

 

“Wait.” Everyone’s gaze landed on the lilac boy as he jumped off the balcony, walking to stand beside the podium stand the Judge stood at.

 

“Hospitals.. Letters.. You came from the human realm, didn't you?” Sungjong asked as loud gasps erupted suddenly. The whispers grew louder as some began to point fingers. Despite some yelling and others mumbling it among themselves, he understood what they said;

 

Human

Monster

Shouldn’t be here

Disgusting

 

So many words caused his knees to go weak, and so he slid to the ground as a hand of his moved to cover his mouth. Nerves were running wild, he felt as if he was going to puke. At this rate, he’d come undone. Eyes shut and eyebrows furrowed as he wanted to escape.

 

“ENOUGH!” A loud voice boomed through the area, causing Woohyun’s eyes to open in alarm. Everyone’s eyes travelled to the balcony where Sunggyu had abruptly stood up and jumped off the balcony, safely landing on his feet.

 

“This trial is over. This boy will be escorted back to the human realm.”

 

Sungjong looked rather alarmed at this, as shown as he ran up to Sunggyu immediately.

 

“What are you talking about Lord Sunggyu? You can’t simply allow him to walk around! He’s.. He’s human!”

 

“You are making too big of a deal with everything Sungjong. Move aside, I will Woohyun myself.” And so Sunggyu walked forward, forcing Sungjong to move aside as he was technically pushed to the side.

“My lord you’re being so stupid! That must have been why you died originally!!”

 

And so Sunggyu’s steps halted as the atmosphere became heavy. Everyone had gone silent and Sungjong’s hands had quickly moved to cover his own mouth, clearly surprised and quite regretful about his outburst. At this point everyone had just begun to wait for the Lord’s response.

 

But what was scary wasn’t a response, but the lack of one.

 

After a moment Sunggyu had moved forward to Woohyun, gently grabbing his arm and helping him up.

 

“Hey.. Are you okay-”

 

“We’re getting you home to your realm. I will be doing it alone it seems.” Over Sunggyu’s shoulder Woohyun could see Sungjong visibly flinch from the dagger of his tone piercing his heart. Ouch.. Must have hurt especially if he has pride helping Sunggyu.

 

“T-Thanks.” Woohyun stuttered as the two had begun to walk. As they made their way to the exit of the area, Woohyun glanced over his shoulder and saw the Lilac haired boy hang his head, clearly ashamed. Despite off the wrong foot with their first meeting, Woohyun frowned.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Here we are.” Sunggyu spoke up, breaking the tension as they arrived in the next room.

 

It looked.. Bland. There was barely anything in the room.

“And where is here exactly?” Woohyun questioned, an eyebrow raising in question.

 

As if to answer his question, Sunggyu turned to a wall and pointed to it with an open palm, and with a slight flash, a portal had opened.

 

“This should take you home, now go.”

 

And so slowly Woohyun had walked to the portal, before taking a step in he looked over at the other.

 

“Wait, will we ever see each other again?”

 

And a response was a soft chuckle and a small smile from the other male.

 

“Perhaps. You seem to be the type to get into danger. Therefore I don’t doubt we will never meet again.”

 

And so with a smile of his own, Woohyun stepped into the portal-

 

And it felt like he was falling.