Into the New World [1/2]

Playing With Death

Hello! I'd like to apologize for the delay! I've been having really deep writers block lately and my mood has been situating so often due to my constant depression but I decided to continue this while I still can!

I'm.. Typically bad with starting stories off, that is usually what I struggle with so please bare with me if it's bad

I divided this into two parts due to how long this may be and my inability to stay focused for too long-

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Tick tock, tick tock.

 

The sound of the clock that was oh so familiar resonated through the white walled room. As the sound of the clock ticked, gradually the sun that was hidden had risen up. Blending the world in its bright light. A hand had reached out as the body leaned closer to the window, pressing a finger on the window as the finger glided on the glass, as if to paint out the silhouette of the sun.

Time had passed, and the person had not known for how long, but it was hours for sure because the knock of the door drew attention to the nurse that walked in.

“Hello Mr. Nam. Your daily checkup will be soon okay?”

“Yeah... Thank you for always tending to me.”

The blond haired male had smiled at the lady, earning a fond smile in exchange before the nurse had walked back out.

Nam Woohyun; Nineteen years old. Son of the CEO of the Nam Corporation. Woohyun was unfortunate though, facing problems with having a weak heart. Causing most of his life to change one day when his heart had ached and caused him to faint, his body putting him into shock to repair itself, Woohyun had just finished middle school when that happened. After that when he started high school he was in and out, spending most of his time getting checkups, or resting at home.

Sadly Woohyun couldn’t spend most of his time at high school, but he wasn’t too lonesome. He often got visits from his friends; Key –Kim Kibum-, L, Ailee, and Jang Dongwoo. Although out of all his friends, he wondered how he got so close to L –real name Kim Myungsoo- since the other is very shy, but thank goodness it was because they had been in classes together.

Classes, that brought his attention. He remembered he had applied to a college; Woolim college of Musical Art. With his talents of singing and composing his music, he had been accepted. Even Key, L, Ailee and Dongwoo were accepted as well. It did bring momentary happiness to Woohyun because he knew he would not have to be in a college all on his own. But the main thing that worried him other than his health was-

 

His parents.

 

How would his parents react? What would they do? Woohyun had considered bringing it up and showing them the letter of acceptance many times but he couldn’t bring himself to actually do it. Honestly, it was something that was considered easier said than done. Although he had hid the letter well, so he could wait until he was truly ready.

But he was cut out of his thoughts as the nurse from earlier had appeared once again. It was time for his checkup.

 

 

 

Humming, he had his hands in his pockets as he humming to whatever tune he could come up with. The nurse said that he was allowed to go home, but for now to take it easy. He gave the nurse a cheerful response of ‘Okay!’ but didn’t make any promises he would. He finally got to go home! A few days had felt a week, especially when hospitals were always boring. So the first thing he did when he got home was to voice out he was home –yet almost no one ever answered him – and go up to his room, tossing his bag to his bed before letting himself fall back on the bed.

 

Ah home, how he missed it.

 

Because it was a mansion, it was huge, but rather lonesome when no one was home. But he had to admit; sometimes the silence was rather soothing. Especially when he needed time to think things out for himself.

 

But it was short lived happiness when the sound of a vibration from his bag caught him off guard; he ended up flinching due to it but grabbed his phone nonetheless.

 

[From: Mom]

Your father and I will be home in a few minutes. Tell us about your check up when we arrive.

 

[To: Mom]

Okay, see you at home! <3

 

Reaching to his drawer, he pulled out an envelope. He knew it was his chance; his mom and dad were barely home or even home at the same. And he HAD to do it now. It was now or never.

 

Getting up from his bed, he took deep breaths, calming his quickly beating heart. Hands his shirt, over his heart.

 

I can do this.

I can do this.

What if they don’t accept? What will I do? What if they kick me out for dreaming to be an idol?

Calm down Nam, it’ll be fine

Just breathe

This is YOUR dream!

 

Looking out the window he could see his dad’s car pulling up the garage, he felt the pressure rise. His legs were shaking, but not only that, his whole body was. His shaky breath, his increasing heart rate. It was scary.

He was scared.

 

Instead he ran, he ran back to his room, hid the letter once again, and hurried to the stairs.

 

I can’t, I can’t,

 

I should keep this quiet for now, for now I must focus on getting dinner ready for mother

 

Being too deep in thought, he hadn’t realized his foot missed the stairs and it was already too late-

 

His body hit the floor, and he was greeted with darkness...

 

.... But soon enough his eyes fluttered open and he quickly sat up.

 

“Did I pass out?” He questioned to himself, before his attention was caught.

 

This didn’t look like his house. The walls were painted white, unlike his house that had grey walls. He could hear the sounds of tons of footsteps, different voices intertwining with each other as there was yells, exclaims, and even laughs. Looking down at the floor he sat on, it was a checkered patterned floor, black and white squares, slamming his hands down, he stared in disbelief at his hair.

What was always a pale blond shade was now black.

 

WHAT IS THIS?!

 

To clear up some of his confusion, he quickly pinched himself, in full belief that it was a dream. But he knew for sure it was not due to the pain he could feel on the now irritated skin that he pinched.

 

Taking a strand of his hair between his fingers, he twisted it around in his finger; still fully letting it sink in that his hair had went from blond to black.

 

“This DEFINITELY cannot be real. Definitely, I was just at home, going to make dinner for mom. This is not real” He constantly told himself as he lightly slapped his cheeks with the palms of his hands. But the pain was real, and everything seemed real.

 

 

 

He quickly scrambled up to his feet and hid behind a pillar as he heard the sound of footsteps coming closer. And as he peeked out he noticed... Two guys in two odd outfits? One of them could be described as sorcerer and the other looked like some type of.. Captain? Woohyun found it odd though, for two guys to be wearing something like this. One of them – a boy with lilac coloured hair- had a hood, jade coloured eyes, and some type of cloak with feminine features, and the other had white hair, a hat was on his head with some type of.. Cape?

 

What the- What is this?

People are celebrating Halloween early?

 

“Sungjong! Did you find him?” Another voice had called out.

 

“No! I haven’t! He’s always like this, I swear, please check his room again!” The lilac haired man yelled back as he ran off –it was Sungjong he guessed-. And left Woohyun alone in the room. Peeking his head out, he realized he NEEDED to get out, or to at LEAST get some help.

 

Since Woohyun did suspect that screaming or so would most definitely be a bad idea.

 

Nodding to himself in satisfaction at his decision, he ran the opposite direction in which the boy Sungjong had gone, running down a long wide hall until he reached a door with vines curled around the door and even the doorframe.

 

Hesitantly he guided his hand to the door, pushing it softly and was greeted by a beautiful array of flowers. There was so many, and it was all so beautiful to see. In the middle was a fountain, and it looked... Different from what normal design he would usually see. Pushing the door open further, he walked in and closed it behind him, inhaling through his nose to take in the smell of the flowers.

His legs moved, striding towards the fountain. And once he was close enough, he realized the colour of the water. It was a light pink, something you’d never see unless it was a fairytale. Once again Woohyun had felt the urge to touch it, his childlike instincts kicking in, and before he knew it, his fingers were reaching to caress the oddly coloured water that spewed out from the top of the fountain.

 

“I’m surprised you’re interested in the water. Never seen it so pink before?” A voice spoke up, causing Woohyun to immediately pull his hand back to face the source of the voice.

 

There was a man at the door, his left eye covered from long bangs, with short lengthed dark navy blue hair and a piercing icy blue coloured eye. The man was in some type of cloak to Woohyun’s observation. It was as if he was like a sorcerer from one of those magic books  -the ones that casted some spells to ward evil - Woohyun noted.

 

The man had made his way towards him, the earring he had swinging back and forth, emitting a glow from the light. But it wasn’t that, that had distracted Woohyun. Oh no, it was not that. It was rather how... Mysterious the other man seemed. Calm and composed, silent. It was something Woohyun could not help but be attracted to. Not to mention.. His aura, it was as if it was alcohol. He was intoxicated by it, drawn to it.

 

Perhaps... It was love at first sight?

 

“Well? Will you answer me? Or will you just stare at my face?” Well that surely snapped Woohyun out of his thoughts.

 

“Oh- Sorry! Well uh... We don’t really have this colour of water back at my place. So I felt myself attracted to it. How do you get it this colour? It’s beautiful!” What started as a flustered response had turned into him practically questioning the other male about his ‘secrets’ of the water.

 

“It’s quite common here, how about you feel the water?” The man replied, expression not changing. No smile, no change of tone... Exactly the same. Yet Woohyun had felt so attracted to it.

 

“Can I?” He asked, and when he earned a nod, he took his attention to the water. And he felt his fingers being embraced by the warmth of the water. It had quite a refreshing feel to it. It felt as if he could sprint even longer than he had before.

 

“Amazing isn’t it? It’s pink for a small sign of ‘care’. So whatever fatigue you feel will be gone. Now answer me this. What type of water do you have?” Sitting down on the side of the fountain, the man had pat the area beside him, inviting Woohyun to take a seat, and Woohyun had never accepted a request so fast.

 

“Uh.. Just blue. You know the usual.” He answered with a shrug, a small smile on his lips. Ah, he realized he hadn’t even introduced himself yet. How rude!

 

“Oh! Right, I’m Woohyun, Nam Woohyun. What’s your name?”

 

“... Sunggyu. My name is Sunggyu.”

 

Due to the excitement of the coloured water, Woohyun hadn’t noticed the other male staring, analyzing him.

 

He didn’t notice that what he said had set off a sign in the others head.

 

“Sunggyu, do you mind if I ask you a question? Where-“

 

“Lord Sunggyu!” A loud voice rang into the room as the door slammed open, causing Woohyun to fall back in surprise –sadly landing into the fountain-. Immediately he pushed his hair out of his eyes, looking at the person that had to interrupt them.

Ah, those feminine features. Sungjong was it?

 

“There you are, I’ve been-“The lilac haired boy had began before his eyes had locked onto Woohyun.

 

“Wait. And who are you?”  Suddenly Woohyun could feel the piercing stare that Sungjong was giving him.

 

It didn’t help that he started to approach him, those jade coloured eyes being as sharp as Sunggyu’s. Once again Woohyun had froze in spot, what was this? What kept drawing him in?

 

“Sungjong, careful. You’re scaring him.”

 

“No Lord Sunggyu, I cannot. Who even is this man?” He clicked his tongue, reaching out to touch a strand of Woohyun’s jet black hair.

 

“No one has this colour of hair down here from what I remember...” Sungjong added as his eyes scanned Woohyun’s hair, as if he were seeking something on the strands that could not be seen from afar.

 

But Woohyun assumed he found what he was looking for from the gasp that he emitted.

 

But he watched as Sungjong had stormed off to the door, opening it and screaming for a name named ‘Jackson’, and before he knew it the said man had showed up.

 

It was him, the man from earlier. The white locks, the... ‘Cosplay’.

 

“Jackson lock him up, if we’re not careful he could harm Lord Sunggyu!”

 

“Listen Sungjong, I can handle myself-“ Sunggyu had attempted to in.

 

“Nonsense Lord Sunggyu! I am capable of handling this as your assistant after all!”

 

At that moment Woohyun made a mental note that Sungjong loved to be praised in different ways as Sunggyu’s helper.

 

 

Being grabbed by a strong grip on his arms, Woohyun could feel how strong the other was. And that truthfully didn’t make this any better. Especially with the fact that he had a weak heart. In this situation, Woohyun truly wondered he could do.

 

“Take him to the dungeon! He will be brought to court for questioning later” Sungjong turned to glance with a straight face.

 

“And perhaps execution if he isn’t lucky.” And what became a straight face, was no longer that way when the boy had a sly smirk on his face.

 

WHAT?!

 

“No wait- I’m innocent I swear!” Woohyun struggled more into the hold, eyes widened in shock and fear.

 

Execution?! He’s too young to die!

 

The man -Jackson was it- Had already started to drag him to the promised cell where he would be. Woohyun hoped that digging the heels of his shoes would help some but to his dismay it didn't help. 

 

"Welcome to Zero" The white haired man spoke, with amusement in his voice, definitely due to Woohyun's situation.

 

Woohyun's face paled.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

A reference to how Sungjong, Sunggyu and Jackson are dressed!

I used these images as a reference! 

(CREDITS TO THE IMAGES FOR THEY ARE NOT MINE)

 

Sunggyu (minus the.. Eagle..): https://www.zerochan.net/2052743

Jackson: https://www.zerochan.net/2045925

Sungjong: https://www.zerochan.net/2045923

 

Meanwhile our Namu is blond!

http://40.media.tumblr.com/ceb4b2397d5e2c60444ec70bb315e42d/tumblr_nunbumqIVD1qdo9s9o1_1280.jpg