New York, Again, Or Three Months and Two Weeks After New York the First Time

New York, London...Maybe, Tokyo

Baekhyun stumbled through the stark white airport that if he were honest looked like a giant airplane hangar, his suitcase trailing behind him. He hadn't slept for the last thirty-six hours and it was finally beginning to catch up with him.

The trip to New York had come up rather suddenly. He had only been back in Seoul from his Tokyo trip for two weeks when he got the call about speaking at a convention. Baekhyun had been so flattered, he didn’t even think twice before packing his bags and hopping a flight.

New York was different this time. The air around the airport was different. The last time Baekhyun had wandered through JFK, he had been excited about exploring, now he was still excited, but in a much more restrained way.

He blinked his eyes slowly, trying his best to keep them open when his phone began to buzz in his pocket. He quickly searched every available pocket, finding it of course in the very last one he checked, and swiped the screen.

"Hello," he said.

"Oh good you landed and didn't die," the voice on the other end replied.

"No Jongdae, I didn't die. I just landed and got off the plane. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'd like to get off the phone and get to my hotel. This call is probably costing me a fortune. Goodbye Jongdae."

"Right. I just wanted to make sure you got there safely. Enjoy the city. Bring me back something cool!"

"No chance! Goodbye, Jongdae," he said, hitting the end button rather abruptly. Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he slid the phone back into his pocket.

His carry-on still rolling behind him, he made his way through customs and toward the taxi line outside of the airport. He was only in New York for five days and three of them were dedicated to attending the conference with other bloggers, so he hadn't packed a lot of unnecessary baggage, even though Jongdae had insisted upon it.

"I didn't think I'd find you here," a deep voice said from behind him, pulling him from his mental checklist.

Dark hair and dark eyes connected the voice to a name instantly. "Chanyeol?" Baekhyun said, his eyes twice their normal size. He turned to find Chanyeol behind him, clad in a black sweater and loose fitted jeans. Baekhyun found it difficult to resist himself from jumping the man upon first glance.

Chanyeol smiled. "Hi, Baekhyun. It's been a few weeks hasn't it?"

"I must...I must be dreaming...this is a super weird coincidence," Baekhyun said, stumbling over every word in the process.

"Yeah, I would say so. What are you in town for?"

"Blogging conference. I have a talk to give on how I manage to afford all the traveling I do," he responded. "Does Kyungsoo have a concert?"

"Yes, I do," Kyungsoo said, making his way over to Chanyeol. "But, I needed to see Sehun first, so we flew in a little early."

Baekhyun flinched at the mention of Sehun's name. "I see," he responded.

"Sorry, I know you don't like him, but he is a friend of mine and he's been helping me with a rather delicate matchmaking project."

"Oh," Baekhyun said, lowering his head to stare at his shoes.

Kyungsoo looked between Chanyeol and Baekhyun and rolled his eyes. "You two are ridiculous. Just say something to each other for goodness sake! Whatever. I'm going to get a coffee." He sighed and turned, heading for the coffee stand a few feet away.

They both chuckled, a blush radiating across both of their faces, both at Kyungsoo's exasperation and embarrassment. Baekhyun buried his face in his hands before a pair hands pulled them away.

"So...Would you like to get dinner later? I've got some free time while Kyungsoo is at Sehun's." Chanyeol asked, not letting Baekhyun's go.

"Of course I would," Baekhyun replied immediately.

"Great," Chanyeol said. "I'll pick you up at--"

Baekhyun's text message sound interrupted and he cringed as he pulled his hand from Chanyeol's and pulled the foul object from his pocket. He opened the message. 'Enjoy your date.' The message from Sehun read and Baekhyun chuckled .

"What?" Chanyeol said.

"Nothing," Baekhyun replied. "You were saying. You'll pick me up when?"

"At eight at your hotel. Just give me the address," Chanyeol replied.

"That sounds good to me," Baekhyun replied. "I'll text you the address."

"Great! I'll see you later then."

"Are you two all set then?" Kyungsoo asked, appearing behind them with very little warning, coffee in hand.

"Yeah," Baekhyun said. "I think we are. Tell Sehun 'thank you' for me when you see him."

Kyungsoo nodded. "I will. He's been instrumental in my project."

"I'm sure," Baekhyun replied. "And I couldn't be more thankful."