Chapter 2

The Second One

The red rose tucked behind her ear fell as she laughed, the wind blowing her hair in every direction and knocking the petal bunch down.

"Thank you, Sunggyu," She said, smiling at him. She caressed his cheeks and looked at him lovingly. He smiled, not quite reaching his eyes, as he knew this sight wouldn't stay in front of him for long.

He groaned, and stirred in sleep. He ran his hand over the other side of the bed in the darkness looking for her, and slowly opened his eyes to feel her absence. She wasn't there beside him.

.
.
.

Bora gulped down a glass of water, and sighed in content. She woke up from sleep out of thirst and later came down to the dining area to get some water.

As she turned around to get back upstairs to Sunggyu's room, she noticed a piano sitting quietly on one side of the sitting room. She smiled to herself, as the piano brought back memories of the past- of her and Sunggyu.

She contemplated for a moment, but then went and sat in front of the grand piano. It spoke the name 'Kim Sunggyu' because of it's elegant demeanour, and Bora pressed onto the keys, carefully to not wake up the sleeping people in the house, and smiled with each tune the her fingers created which wove a beautiful melody.

"Nice one," Hoya's quiet compliment startled Bora and she stopped playing, as the younger male hummed the melody Bora had just produced and smiled in the darkness.

With his mother's death, Sunggyu's friends had decided to stay the night in his parents' house to make him feel better.

He kept humming the melody, his voice giving it a new face, and pulled Bora close for a dance.

He let her spin around him as he hummed, making way for her to cleanly spread her limbs. She giggled, and he joined in by doing a new, smooth dance move he had created right then. Both were majestic dancers, and any music could give life to their hands and feet.

Their laughter pierced the stillness of the dark morning, as they suppressed the merry sound to not wake the others.

"You're great, Hoya," Bora said, as the young man stopped humming.

"You mean it, right?" Hoya inquired, hinting sincerity through his tone.

"Of course," Bora smiled.

Silence engulfed the moment as Bora waited for Hoya to say something. The latter, however, kept staring at her with amused eyes.

"Hoya?"

"Ssh..." He shushed her, gently taking hold of her hands, and pulling her close. His arms s around her waist, and placed her arms on his shoulders. He left only a little space in between them, so that Bora could feel his calm breath hitting her face. She couldn't tear her eyes away from his enticing ones. Even in the dark, his orbs were darker, holding more secrets and emotion than the night.

He smiled at her once again, before placing a hand behind her head and pushing her closer to him. He leaned in, and touched her lips lightly with his. He stayed put for a minute, memorizing how his claim on her lips felt, how magical she can feel in his arms.

She didn't move one bit in that whole one minute. Her mind cleared up and she focused on the weird rhythm her heart was following at the moment. He felt warm, and gentle. However, she knew what he was doing was wrong, and that she was only ever allowed to feel attracted to Sunggyu.

But her heart was on rampage. The weird rhythm was exciting, surprisingly enough.

Hoya pulled away, looking at her intently. He let out a small smile, and ran his fingers down her soft hair.

"What... why...?" Bora asked. This was the only thing she could say at the moment. After all the while she spent explaining Hoya why she can't ever accept his feelings for her, why did he attempt such a move?

"They say..." Hoya whispered. "If your heart skips even a bit for the second one, go for the second one. Because if you loved the first one so much, you wouldn't fall for the second one. All I have to do, is make your heart beat for me once. Just once. And you can consider yourself mine after that."

A wild fear and excitement oozed into Bora's veins, making her heart skip a beat in the rhythm of the melody she had just created. What was happening to her?