Day-8

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

08 | First Wish

 

***

 

"I'm not yet drunk or am I really seeing your best friend, standing outside the garden restaurant?" Jessica suddenly had to stop and pointed to someone that caught her attention.

 

Yuri who was supporting her girlfriend turned her head to where she is pointing. Her brows instantly rose upon recognizing the doe-eyed choding walking back and forth and seem anxious. "That's indeed Im Yoona. My best friend. Why is she there?" She asks but Jessica smacks her head.

 

"Why are you asking me when I just arrived? Come on, give me a piggy back! Otherwise, I'm not going to give your credit card!" Drunk Jessica yells at her girlfriend.

 

Yuri got scared and quickly complied by giving her girlfriend her back as she lowered her body.

 

"Hehe, good girl." Jessica grins and slowly put her arms on her girlfriend's shoulders as Yuri carried her on her back. "Let's go back to your room, N.O.W!" She commanded, raising her hand in the air, like asking a horse to start walking.

 

"Aish! She's embarrassing me." Mumbles Yuri as she complains, couldn't take the eyes from people around. She hurried her pace until they reached the elevator. But as she tried to put her girlfriend down, she was smack to her back.

 

"Don't bring me down! I'll kill you!" Jessica warned like a boss.

 

"Yes." Yuri sighs in defeat. 'Damn why did I fall for this human being? When she will only boss me around.' she can't help and have a little regret regardless of how she treats her when she's drunk.

 

Jessica is too oblivious with her girlfriend's thoughts as she enjoys rubbing her left cheek against her girlfriend's cheek. "Good horse, good horse... we should cuddle next time Hehehe..." She's grinning like a fool.

 

'God, please don't give her alcohol next time.' Yuri prayed, sighing once again.

 

Meanwhile, Yoona is still having the worse night of her life. She hadn't been this anxious, waiting for someone to come out, hoping she's fine. But apart from her is telling her she won't be. "Oh God, Please help her. I don't want to see her hurting again or crying all night again." she keeps on praying, but won't stop from walking back and forth, not caring anymore if people passing by would look at her weirdly.

 

"I'm sorry." Ji Soo huskily says, loud enough for his ex-girlfriend to hear it. He finally got the courage to do it, after a few blow on his stomach and face.

 

Sitting across her ex, Seohyun still wears a serious yet furious face. Her right fist is aching, just like her chest is at the moment. "Sorry for your bullsh*t? You don't how much you betrayed me! You broke my heart into ing pieces!" she shouted angrily. "I thought you're the best boyfriend I had! I even though you are already the one for me because you never fails even a single thing. Like a perfect boyfriend... I thought you won't even like those guys out there! But you prove me wrong. YOU were one of them! A BAD LIAR! A ING COWARD!"

 

Ji Soo looked down in shame. "I'm sorry, Seohyun-ah... I'm really so sorry." accepting everything her ex is throwing into him. He feels like he needed it after everything he has done.

 

Breathing heavily, Seohyun tries to calm down herself as tears are running down her cheeks again. "And you are planning to invite to your wedding? What a good person are you to have the decency. Aren't you ashame? Aren't you even guilty for what you have done? Instead of inviting me to your wedding, invite me to your funeral. I would be glad to go." she bit her lip and wipes her tears away.

 

"I know I can't take that pain away..." Ji Soo finally gives his ex-girlfriend a look. And it immediately pains him to see how much she is hurting right now. "But I just want you to know that never in my life I have regrets loving you for years, Seohyun-ah. You're such a great person and had been a good girlfriend. I can't actually ask for more - but things did not go on perfectly for me. I mean..." he pause as he sighs. "My parents, I can't stop them from disliking you. I can't do anything because they will throw me away as the member of the family if I go against. I swear, if only I have a choice, I have already taken it and fight for you... but there's none. I just find myself falling out of love from you, the more I spend time with my fiancé. Yeah, you can curse me everything now and you can punch me until you get tired, because I deserve it. I deserve the punishment. I deserve to be unforgiving. I was so wrong all this time... But Joohyun, hopefully after this, it will feel you better. It will lessen the pain... because you deserve to live without me. You deserve to live without any pain in this world. You deserve someone who's better than me. I'm a horrible person like you said. So please... do that for me. I would be glad to see you happy in the near future." He can't control his tears anymore and it drops, but he quickly wipes it off and stayed firm.

 

Seohyun has no words anymore, as she finds herself looking down and cries her heart out.

 

'Seohyun-ah... I'm so sorry again. I never meant to hurt you...' Ji Soo could only watch the broken young officer. He so wanted to give her a hug and comfort her, but he thought it will only worsen. His heart is already aching that he can't take to see how she will react if he comforts him. He had enough blow in his stomach and face. 'I hope you find someone else that can give you everything - that can love you forever.' But being also a friend before they dated, he still cares for her. He still cares for her own happiness.

 

Yoona senses outside and she walks back inside, but she quickly rushed to the young officer's side as soon as she saw her crying while Ji Soo is just watching. She hugs her and comforts her, but sending glares to her ex.

 

"Please take care of her." Ji Soo stands up and bowed so deep. He left the restaurant, as tears are flowing from his eyes.

 

 

***

 

the next day...

 

 

The warm ball of light filtered through Seohyun's thin eyelids awoke her on the second third day of their stay in Jeju. Rays of brightness cast squares onto the glossy stone floor, reflecting onto several objects in the room which decorated its otherwise simplicity. She blinked a few times, in an attempt to help her eyes adjust to the illumination directed right at her defenceless figure. But as she tries to move, she felt something preventing her, which made her to look down into her stomach. Memories from last night flashes back before her eyes, leading her to recognize the arms around her. Her dry lips curves into a sweet yet small smile, as she turned her head behind, greeted by a beautiful sight of Yoona's sleeping face. Her hand unconsciously moves and palms her left cheek with it.

 

'Thank you for keeping me company all night.' she thought, rubbing gently her cheek. Her smile got even wider as her stomach is filled with butterflies again, feeling that warm and smooth skin from the person who never left her and comfort her all night. The event last night is still so fresh, but something is odd, she couldn't feel anything but gladness, because she heard it from him. And that she accepted her fate now. There are no more thoughts like, what if people are just playing with her? Ji Soo is just playing around and he will soon reveal it was all just a prank. Reality is, Ji Soo had fall out of love over her without her knowing. Even though it hurts to accept, there's no reason for her not to. Ji Soo and she are done, it's time to move on and forget about him.

 

Sighing, she slowly turns her body and decided to cuddle with her, closing her eyes back in attempt to continue her sleep. Yoona's loose hug got tightens, that made her looked at her face, checking if she's already awake. "Are you awake?" But she can't stop herself and ask her, though she's obviously sleeping still?

 

"Hmm... " Yoona just hum, not planning to open her eyes yet. She got awaken by Seohyun's actions, but couldn't open her eyes. She feels like she needed more sleep or warmth from the latter. It's just too comfortable and addicting to be cuddling with her, for the first time. She wouldn't mind cuddling with her over the day.

 

Seohyun smiled and returns her face nuzzling to Yoona's neck. Her scent, ever since yesterday, are so nice that she felt like getting addicted to it. And cuddling with her for the first time is just really great. It feels like at home and here she is, spending it with someone else without worries. Her heart is at peace and loved.

 

15 minutes later, Yoona finally open her eyes, "You're getting so comfortable now in arms." whispering to her softly and kissing her forehead gently, as she tucks her hair behind her ear, so she can have a clear view of the girl's beautiful features.

 

Seohyun smiled again. "Can we just cuddle the entire day?" asking for a favor. She pulls her closer again, so she can peck at her cheek. She hides under her neck again, to hide her blush.

 

"Chincha? You want to?" Yoona giggles a little. "Because I swear, I will grant that wish of yours."

 

Seohyun just giggle back.

 

"Aigoo, this baby is being so clingy." Without warning, Yoona squeezes the hell out of the young officer and sighs as she inhaled her shampoo scent. She's getting used to it; she hopes it will never end. Honestly, she's getting used to be this close with her crush's body. Like their bodies fits for each other.

 

"Aren't I your supermodel?" Seohyun asks when it crosses her mind. Finally, she got the courage to asked about it.

 

Yoona raised her brows as she leans back to see Seohyun's face. "Did I ever tell you about that?"

 

"Yah!" Seohyun hits Yoona's arm. "You've been mentioning about supermodel. So I thought it's me. I am not wrong, right?" Grinned her as she wiggles her brows.

 

"Nope. It's not you." Yoona denies playfully.

 

A glare and a pout eventually can be seen in Seohyun's face. "Please don't tell me it's someone else." As she suddenly felt jealous over the unknown 'supermodel'.

 

"Yep. It's someone else. Her name is Seo Joohyun, from our grade school." Grinned Yoona only to earn more hits. She quickly covered herself with her arms, dodging the hits, until she grabs her wrists and, "I am still staring to my supermodel, aren't I?" She grins again.

 

Seohyun blushed but slowly nodded anyway. "It's still me." Smiling shyly back.

 

Yoona peck at the young officer's nose. "Then you will always be my supermodel." Before she pulls her for another tight hug, tangling their legs back again.

 

Smiling like a fool, Seohyun hugs automatically and breath in sync with the doe-eyed. "But my date still the best for me." She whispers.

 

"Supermodel and my date... Are the best." Corrected Yoona. 'I'm glad I made a right decision.' she thought, thinking about the last night event and the result seems good so far. She close her eyes and feels like going back to sleep like the girl in her arms but before she can do that, her sromach suddenly growls, followed by Seohyun's. They both looked into each other's eyes, and smile foolishly at the noise they heard in each other's stomach.

 

"Let's go have breakfast. Before we could eat each other rather." Said Yoona as she giggles. However, the latter pushed her back to the bed, just as she tries to get up. "Wae?"

 

"I'll make breakfast for us. Don't move, okay?"

 

"Breakfast in bed?"

 

"Yup." A sweet brief smile formed in Seohyun's face before she captured Yoona's lips for about ten seconds. She leans back, still smiling. "Stay back." She gets up and left the room peacefully.

 

But Yoona's heart is not in peace. As its beating faster ans faster, couldn't believe who just made a bold move earlier. The kiss still lingers her lips which is making her heart goes wild and wild. Until she couldn't hold it and she rolls her body from left to right, right to left. Then she stopped at the middle of the bed, staring to the ceiling with a big foolish smile. 'Im Yoona, well done.' she praise herself nonetheless.

 

Seohyun returns to the room with a sheepish smile as she told the doe-eyed girl. "I just realized, we are not in a house or my apartment. I... Couldn't find the kitchen."

 

Yoona sat up with her eyes widened. "Omo, we are indeed still in the hotel. How the heck I feel like we are under a roof?" She laughs afterwards. "This is so silly. Hahaha!"

 

"Me too. I got so excited earlier to make breakfast." Seohyun chuckles as she sits down the edge of the bed. She and Yoona are both embarrassed but find it funny for them to think like that. "I'll call to order then." Reaching for the telephone and punch the numbers.

 

Yoona smiled quitely behind her unofficial girlfriend as she wraps her arms sneakily in her waist. She put her chin on top of her shoulder as she whispers. "I hope you know your first wish now."

 

"First wish for my three wishes?" Seohyun replied while she waits for the next line to be answered.

 

"Yup." Nodded Yoona a little.

 

"Later then. For now, let's have breakfast together." A sweet smile once again graces into the young officer's face as she briefly looked at Yoona. And with that, the next line was answered. She didn't think twice and orders their food. As soon as she put it down, she was attacked by Yoona's tickle. She automatically gets up and tried to run away from her, but Yoona's too fast and she always got caught by her tickles. Her laughter and squeals are filling up the entire room, that the next room are Disturbed by their deep slumber.

 

"Hmm, what's with the noise baby? Can you stop them? It's freaking annoying!" Mumbles Jessica as she pushed her girlfriend off of the bed.

 

Frustratingly, Yuri got up from the floor and forcefully brought herself outside, quickly knocking on the door. "Yah! You two! Stop laughing and squealing! It's disturbing me and my girlfriend! Please you guys are so noisy! Stop it!" She scolded and knocks the door a few times. "Aish!" She ends up leaving the next door and returns to her room, but she was surprised that it's already lock. "J-Jessica? Open the door baby."

 

"You are so noisy!" Reasoned Jessica inside the room while lying back to the bed.

 

Pouting sadly, Yuri decided to lie down in their couch, hugging the pillows alone. This is actually what she got for making her girlfriend mad. Ever since they did not tell her they are going to Seoul, her girlfriend had been so furious. She just hope she is in the mood later already, because she can't take another day of mad Jessica Jung.

 

Yoona and Seohyun peeks behind the door, wondering what happened to Yuri and her girlfriend.

 

 

***

 

 

Rather than having breakfast in the bedroom, both Yoona and Seohyun are a bit awkward, as they sits with another couple, Yuri and Jessica. Both couldn't do as what they want to do, because the couple before them are so sweet, feeding each other. Like it's Yuri's revenge for them, she's intentionally neglecting their presence. They're just having their meal quietly, while holding each other's hands under the table. Like, comforting each other because they couldn't stay comfortable in their seats, with the cringy sight of YulSic.

 

"So tell me about you, Seohyun-ssi." Jessica finally takes notice of the two souls sitting across them, not after she kissed Yuri on the lips in front of them. "My girlfriend here told me a little about you, but I couldn't believe all her words. Unless it came from you." her brows raised briefly as she digs into her own salad.

 

Glancing to Yoona in her left, Seohyun smiled a little to the blonde before she answers, "I'm a police officer - I was the one who helped them find the laptop."

 

"Oh." Jessica nodded, giving a brief stare to the doe-eyed girl. "No wonder you're here with them. But I already know about that. How about a little information of your personality, your family background-"

 

"Yah! Unnie! That's too much to ask for. She's a friend of mine and Yuri, that's enough." Yoona quickly interrupted Jessica's sentence, before she could give her unofficial girlfriend some pressure.

 

"Yoong, I was just curious. I mean, this is too sudden for me. You guys just came back to Seoul and suddenly someone is now so close with you? I think I need some explanation here. Because I think you know her well even before this case."

 

"The game that you made, do you mean?" Yoona rolled her eyes.

 

"Oh yeah." Jessica chuckles. "So tell me more about you, Officer." she turned serious again as she stares back to the officer, who seems to be a little shy to look at her. "Come on, just a little."

 

"Yoona is right. What you see is what you got. No need for any explanation, Baby." Yuri agrees with her best friend and feeds her again. "What's matter most is you are here and we'll get to spend the next few days later, together." she winks and kisses her lips again.

 

'Err... when will she stop?' Ask Yoona as she grimaces with her best friend's actions.

 

"I'm Yoona's classmate from grade school." Seohyun couldn't take it anymore and she reveals it to Jessica. She quickly turned to see the doe-eyed girl's reaction, who was surprised with it.

 

"Whoa, chincha?" Jessica exclaimed. "This just means... you're that supermodel?" And she remembers this drawing Yoona have kept under her bed back in Australia. She saw it secretly without telling her friend.

 

"Unnie, How did you know about supermodel?" Yoona got another surprised at the moment.

 

"Wait... you know about that story, baby? How come I just kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter