Day-2

Close To You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Officer in Charge

 

***

 

Yoona woke up the following day with a big headache in her head. She wonders why and hold her head, just to actually feel something like a bandage on her forehead. Then she slowly realizes, she's in a hospital, with an IV and dextrose above her. "What happened... " she started to try to recall what happened why she's in a situation, which lead her to the 'car' and 'Seo Joohyun', who was driving the car. Then Yuri's scream suddenly deaf her, she's pretty sure they had an accident. "Ugh, going home with an accident, eh?" she chuckled, bitterly, while massaging her head as gentle as she could. 'Good thing only my head and not so serious.' She also noticed her arms and legs are still there, and safe from injury, which made her sigh in relief.

 

"Hey, you awake." Upon hearing a soft voice coming from the door, her gazes eventually traveled and her lips curled into a small smile to see her best friend.

 

"Hey. Glad you're okay." She said in a low yet clear voice. "What happened to Officer Seo?" She immediately asks in concern.

 

"She's very much fine. You know air bag in her side went out, yet yours refuse to. And the fact that you're not in your seat belt makes it worse for you." Yuri replied as she set the tray of food in the table next to Yoona.

 

"Thank God." Yoona is relieved to know.

 

"Thank God, what?" Yuri is clueless.

 

"Thank God she's fine."

 

"But you're not." Yuri exclaimed.

 

Yoona's brows rose. "What do you mean? I feel just fine except for a little headache."

 

"You are in the hospital while she's out there, not even caring to apologize for what she has done to you." Yuri explained further. "She better come here and does some apologies. I seriously think that she's giving bad luck to you, ever since we meet her. Aish."

 

"Aigoo, I almost thought I'm not okay with this bandage around my head." Yoona almost want to hit her best friend but changed her mind when another question pops up over her head. "So she never went to the hospital?" Her voice is weak and somewhat sad.

 

"Of course she did - but only when we brought you here. She never comes back after that."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"And did not even apologize."

 

Yoona chuckled. "She doesn't have to. No one likes to happen the crash."

 

"What?! Yoona she was staring at you before we crash to the tree. She wasn't paying attention to the road that's why we got crashed. And she owes us for that. Geez, not already friendly, and she hurt you. I wonder what will happen if she agrees hanging out with you?"

 

'So she's staring at me...' Yoona is not listening. She's busy thinking of the possible reason why the young officer was staring at her that leads to the crash.

 

"Yoona you're spacing out again."

 

"When am I going out?" Yoona asked instead.

 

"Later 6pm, why?" Yuri furrows her brows. She doesn't like what she's staring at, her best friend, having some plans in her head.

 

"Can't I get discharged before that?"

 

"What's up?"

 

"Nothing. Just want to get home immediately."

 

"You want to get home or you want to see her again? Because I won't allow you, Im Yoona." Yuri teases.

 

"Well, I just want to make sure she's not beating herself up with what happened." But Yoona has an explanation.

 

"Dude, she won't think about you. Remember? She doesn't even recognize you."

 

"I don't care! I just want to know she's very much fine! So can you rearrange my discharge?"

 

"No. And that's final." Yuri firmly said like her best friend's mother. She even pointed at her.

 

Yoona was about to reply when they heard a knock by the door. "Do you expect anyone?" She asks her friend rather.

 

"Nope. Except for the doctor - but that's going to be later 8. It's still seven." Yuri is also puzzled.

 

"Just open the door." Yoona said as she slowly sits up, still can feel the pain when she uses strength. She had a huge sigh when she successfully takes on a sitting position.

 

"Oh, you have a guest." Yuri says as she opens the door wide. She faces her friend from the hospital bed with a big smile.

 

Yoona's eyes widened. "What are you doing here?" Upon learning it's Seohyun standing outside the door. She's on casual attire, which is new for her eyes. But before she can even hear her response, she suddenly bends down so low. "Omo, you don't-"

 

"I'm so sorry, Miss Im." Seohyun cut the doe-eyed girl's words, apologizing so loud as she can.

 

Yuri smiled. "I was waiting for that. I'm glad you came for this."

 

"No! You don't have to!" Yoona refuse to hear the apologies. Yuri literally looked at her with intense stare. "Can you leave us for a moment, Yuri?" But she ignores her stares and ask for a favor. She knows her best friend is just concerned for her, but she can't blame her when it's only an accident.

 

"What?!"

 

"You're seeing the doctor, right? I think you should do now."

 

Rolling her eyes, Yuri sighs in defeat. "Yeah, of course. Um, please feel free to enter the room, Officer Seo. The can't still leave her bed. And please take care of my friend, Hmm?" She gives her a meaningful wink before she left the room, allowing the young officer to come inside in the process.

 

"Um, I'm sorry about my friend. She's really just disappointed with what happened." Yoona got shy with Yuri's words earlier.

 

"It's okay. She has the right to do that. She's your best friend, isn't she?" Seohyun slowly but surely, is approaching the hospital bed, where Yoona is apparently sitting, with her back against the headboard.

 

"Yeah. How are you? I mean after what happened yesterday? I barely can remember what happened, to be honest." Yoona smiled reassuringly.

 

For the second time, Seohyun bowed so deep. "I'm so sorry, Miss Im. I wasn't paying attention on the road. Please accept my apology."

 

"Err, don't call me Miss Im. We're just in the same age, you know." Yoona got awkward. "Just Yoona will do. And it was an accident. You don't have to apologize."

 

"But I want to. Please, just accept my sincere apology, Miss - I mean, Yoona." Seohyun stays firm. As a police, it was her duty to keep everyone safe and protect them, but she made a mistake yesterday, which was her fault, and she should apologize because it was her who cause the injury of another person. She felt bad ever since that happened.

 

"Okay, apology accepted." Yoona can't do anything except for accepting defeat. She fluttered however. Never had she encounter someone to be this considerate. 'Well, she's my supermodel after all.' Heck, she felt proud that she hasn't change with that.

 

"And also..." Seohyun stands up straight again. "I have an update about the thief."

 

"Chincha? So who is it?" Yoona got curious instantly.

 

Seohyun was about to answer when she heard the doe-eyed girl's stomach grumbling. She quietly giggles when she heard it.

 

"Sorry about that. I haven't eaten breakfast yet." Yoona looked down in shame. Her cheeks are turning pink.

 

Seohyun saw the food in the table and suddenly got an idea on how to make-up with what happened. She took her seat at the edge of the bed and braves herself to ask the latter. "Should I feed you myself?" She hasn't asked someone like that, but it felt right at her situation.

 

Stunned by the request, Yoona frantically waves her hands across with each other in front of the young officer. "N-No! There's no need to, Officer Seo! I can handle myself." Although she liked the idea, she can't continue letting her take care of her when they just even met. Not to mention, they don't either know each other well from the past. It's just one encounter and nothing else. She wanted to do something for her, not like this.

 

"I insist. It's part of my apologies, Yoona-ssi." Seohyun isn't yet comfortable with Yoona only and decided to pay respect for the person she hurts.

 

'This isn't the scenario I wanted to portray. What is happening?' Yoona doesn't like the attention she gets from Seohyun. She likes to be challenge, not the way like she has her attention because she's injured, not because she's worth for her attention. She felt bad for her at the same time. It's kind of a turn off for her.

 

"Ah?" Seohyun offered the one spoon full of a porridge.

 

"No. Just put that down please." Yoona refused to be feed, putting her hand down. "You should just go. Aren't you busy?"

 

Seohyun let out a sigh. "I'm not... anymore." As she decided to just tell her honestly. "I've been told to focus in your case and I can only come back to my usual duty after I solve your case."

 

"Do you mean-"

 

"The accident - they charged me with it because I broke the speed limit. But since they can't dismiss me entirely, they decided to send me here." Seohyun sadly explained.

 

'I knew it. It's against her will to be here.' Yoona got even sadder for the young officer. "I'm sorry to hear that." And now, she couldn't look at her in the eyes. "I'm really sorry." That she felt like blaming herself.

 

"As much as I am against to this punishment, I am willing to take this than to be dismissed for months. I have to keep my job no matter what. Besides, you're... not that bad at all." Seohyun tried to lift up the mood from the sad deer but she failed when she continues looking down. "Yah, I thought you want to be friends with me? Why do you look like you're regretting it now? You should be happy." she chuckled, finding it funny for the deer to be sad.

 

"I won't be happy knowing I have cause someone in trouble." Yoona suddenly yelled, taken the younger aback. "The accident shouldn't have happened!" But she's not going to back down. "I want to be your friend, but not like this! I am putting someone like a slave or something! I'm really-"

 

Seohyun cut Yoona's words with her forefinger pressed against her lips. The latter pout her lips cutely again. "You're talking non sense, don't you know that? But let me clear your mind - the accident happened because I refused to focus on the road. Tsk,tsk, you can't understand that? Can you? And to be honest, I am the one who is bad here because I was harsh to you for ignoring you. This is what I deserve and accept this. So from now on, I am in charge for your stay here." she firmly announced.

 

Speechless, Yoona could only stare to Seohyun, while outside her room; Yuri is smiling like a fool. She heard everything in their conversation, and she's happy it ended like that.

 

"So to start off, I'm Officer Seo Joo Hyun, reporting for duty for Chairman Im Yoon Ah." Seohyun stands up and made a salute, smiling so big for the first time in front of the doe-eyed girl.

 

Yoona smiled back. And she did not miss a beat as she also made a salute. "I'm Chairman Im Yoona, officially accepting you as my officer in charge." She couldn't help but laugh, and so as Seohyun.

 

Yuri wanted to come inside. But as she opened the door, she steps back to see her best friend's happy laughter and the girl of her dream, doing the same. She wanted to interrupt them but she saw the officer getting the spoon and she asks Yoona to be feed again. She decided to just give them the moment alone and gives her girlfriend a call instead. "Hey, Babe, how are you doing there?!"

 

[Yah! Why didn't you tell me you and Yoona came back to Seoul?] Came Jessica's loud voice, totally mad.

 

Yuri almost cursed so loud, if she did not hold her tongue right away. Otherwise, it's another slip of her tongue. "Um..."

 

[Let's talk later, I'm in the middle of the meeting.]

 

She was stunned, upon hearing the call ended that quick. "Seriously?"

 

 

***

 

 

"So you're telling me that the finger prints are from the staffs of the building in my penthouse?" Yoona wanted to make it clear. Seohyun told her the finger prints are mostly coming from employees working in the hotel, where Yoona's penthouse apartment is located.

 

"Yep. No other traces besides them, yours and Yuri-ssi." Seohyun cleared it. "But we have to see the CCTV first so we can guarantee which of these employees are somewhat suspicious.

 

"Three of staffs, mostly guys came into Yoona's penthouse that night." Yuri shared, as she remembers she called for housekeeping and three came to clean the penthouse, while she and Yoona are outside to have dinner.

 

"But the laptop is with me that time, Yul." Yoona somehow also remembers she's carrying her laptop over their dinner.

 

"Chincha? So that means, people around you possibly have seen you with your laptop." Seohyun continues. "In what time did you guys have dinner?" She took her pen and notebook, so she can start writing the details about the case.

 

"It's 7 sharp when we get there and have dinner."

 

"And I think it ended 8:30pm." Yoona continued Yuri's statement. Sitting in the bed in between Seohyun and Yuri feels a bit uncomfortable, but she slowly likes the conversation.

 

"After the dinner, did you guys went straight back to the penthouse?"

 

"Nope. Yoona requested for us to go on a bowling competition. So we went there around 8:50 and left 9:45." Yuri said, confident with her sharing of time.

 

"Did you bring your laptop still with you?" Seohyun turns her attention to the one sitting on the hospital bed.

 

"Yes. It's still with me. I put it in our table while we're busy in the bowling."

 

"Then she reviews with her presentation around 10:30. That was after the shower." Yuri said, earning a nod from her best friend.

 

"She's right. I was working on it until pass midnight. I think I went to bed 10 minutes after I brushed my teeth. And I still can remember, I put it next to my phone, which is in my night stand. Yuri is already s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter