Chapter 1 - Just friends

New Year’s Eve *One-Shot*

 

 

“Let’s see.. The ingredients for spaghetti are..” Sooyoung hushed as she was opening a bookmarked page in the cookbook her mother gave her. She admits that she isn’t a good cook, only a good eater so she wanted to prepare something simple, just like spaghetti, by herself. After moments of silence,

 

“Ah! Arasso..” She then took out the groceries she bought earlier that day and the tools she needed for the cooking and put it on the table.

 

As she was tying her hair into a bun, a pair of arms suddenly hugged her from behind. She was happy to see him.

  

“Yeobo~!” Upon hearing his voice, her confused look turns into a happy one.

 

“Yah. Oppa! You scared me” She said pretending to be surprised but suppressing a smile.

 

“Aww.. Mianhe, Soo~ ” Kyuhyun sweetly apologized as if he was a child. Sooyoung just smiled.

 

“So, Watcha doin’?”  he asked her pointing at the bundled things on the table with his lips, still hugging Sooyoung at the back.

 

“I’m just preparing our share for the party, Oppa.” She answered.

 

“Party?” Kyuhyun asked letting his eyebrows meet.

 

“Ne.. Leeteuk oppa called yesterday saying that our New Year’s Eve party will be held at their unit.” Sooyoung explained clearly.

 

“Oh.. That party. I totally forgot!” Kyuhyun said smacking his forehead letting go from embracing her. Sooyoung just rolled her eyes as she was walking directly to the sink carrying a large strainer with veggies in it.

 

“What did Taeyeon say?” He asked.

 

“She approved of it somehow, after his boyfriend’s begging of course. She wouldn’t agree at first because of the aftermath. So you, with the other boys help him clean huh?” Sooyoung said laughing quietly to herself.

 

“Ugh. Yeah. Yeah.” Kyuhyun sloppily sat in a chair near the table. ‘She got her boss-mode activated again. sigh’ he thought.

 

Sooyoung put the washed-and-drained veggies back into a large pot on the table. She got the peeler and as she was going so peel of the carrot’s skin, Kyuhyun suddenly noticed something and sat back straightly on the chair.

 

“Y-Yah! S-Soo..” Kyuhyun said worrying.

 

“W-Waeyo Oppa? What’s wrong?” Sooyoung asked him with a confused look. Tilting her head to the side.

 

“Where did you get those veggies and these groceries?” He abruptly said as he was pointing at the groceries on the table while looking at her.

 

“Ah. These?” Sooyoung said innocently also pointing at the table using the carrot she was washing earlier. Kyuhyun nodded.

 

“I bought them.” Sooyoung said with a ‘duh’ voice.

 

“When? Did you go by yourself?” Kyuhyun asked worried.

 

“Earlier. I asked Hyo to help me but she said that she was going to have a date with Eunhyuk oppa, so I asked Yuri instead.. but then she said that she had some photo shoot to attend to..” Sooyoung was now chopping the carrots into small pieces.

 

“So you did go by yourself.” Kyu said.

 

“Uhm. Nope. Yuri felt sorry for me so she asked her boyfriend to help me. I said it’s okay.. But Siwon oppa insisted.” She plainly said as Kyuhyun just looked at her unbelievably.

 

“Why didn’t you ask me? You know that he-” Sooyoung cut him off before he could say it.

 

“You were busy playing Starcraft and all, and besides, I didn’t wanna disturb you oppa.”

 

“I’m never too busy when it comes to you, you know that Soo..” Kyuhyun shot back this time with a serious face. Sooyoung just shook her head and continued chopping the carrots.

 

“You know that I don’t like you being so close to Siwon hyung, don’t you remember? He likes you?!” he said almost shouting. This time she didn’t interrupt him, she already knows that he’s getting angry and she’s the reason why.

 

“Oppa, he’s Yuri’s boyfriend now.. And he liked me. It’s all in the past.” Sooyoung replied calmly putting much emphasis in the word ‘liked’. Kyuhyun just looked at her furrowing his eyebrows. Then finally he said,

 

“Yeah.. I know, but you might open up some scandals again. You know that I didn’t like it when it happened.” Kyuhyun said. And now, he was already standing, heading to the door which opens to their living room.

 

“Oppa..” That was all that she could say before she noticed that he already left the kitchen. A tear escaped from her right eye. She knew it was her fault. She knew that he won’t like her being with Siwon even in such a short time. They were just friends. Friendship between those three was truly great. Until that day..

 

 


(A/N):

Omg. What happened that day? Stay tuned! LOL. BD

Sorry for the short chapter guys! It's already 11:29 PM here and I still have classes tomorrow. But don't worry, I'll post another chapter tomorrow when I get home. Thanks! and don't forget to Subscribe! >:D<

Now Playing: U-Kiss - Tick Tack *eargasm*

 

*Logging out...*

--iHeartXander©