Too late

Too late
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tae spit the blood that had gathered in his mouth and mixed with saliva onto the uneven gravel covered road which he sat on, picking himself up with a laugh.

“Look at me, bleeding at such a weak hit.” Tae laughed but his eyes almost immediately became dark with seriousness as he dodged the punches coming from the other man’s frantic figure. “You made me bleed and usually I would get you back but we want you alive. Don’t mistake me though, if I had it my way I would sma-” the sound of sirens coming closer stopped tae mid sentence and he looked down at the man’s limp arms seeing that he had in fact called 911.

“T-they’re coming for you. Let me go…” the limp noodle of a person Tae was holding onto now stuttered his words pathetically making Tae laugh another bitter laugh as he pulled out his phone and sent a text with a simple period. It was the gang’s symbol that something was wrong. The wait for help lasted but three seconds as his boys started flying in like chickens flocking to their feed.

“Have fun buddy.” Tae’s smile was unmistakable and he watched in pride as the man was dragged away.

Tae hadn’t always been proud of the life he was born into; many people told him he was a murderer, a druggie. But they didn’t know Tae’s real story. They didn’t know who put the real bad guys away. Take the skinny, roughed up man being dragged away as an example; he was a e always hanging around play grounds and grade schools. Sometimes they would catch him trying to talk a kid into coming with him. Tae was proud he would be able to see that gross man behind bars, whether the credit was there or not.

“Kim Taehyung for the last time I can’t save you from everything.” Jeon Jungkook’s voice rang out loud and clear through the sirens and the smirk returned to Tae’s face as he swaggered over to Jungkook and the blue/red lights.

“Do you have a gun in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?” Tae asked with a wink. Jungkook pulled out his gun and expertly swirled it around his finger twice before pointing it right at tae’s stomach, chest, then head making a ‘bang’ sound each time and moving his hand as if the gun had really fired and he was feeling the kickback.

“Learn your limits Kim Taehyung or else soon enough that just may be the way you go.” Jungkook warned, seriousness prominent in his eyes. Tae knew it was dangerous, there were constant wars between the police and the gang members. Many died in those fights still unwilling to unveil the truth behind the gang; the truth that they weren’t a gang of druggies or murderers but rather people who weren’t afraid to get their clothes dirty or fists bloody to lock away the worst of humanity. Rules didn’t bind gangs quite like they did police.

“You know you’re happy to see me!” Tae teased as Jungkook stepped forward with a sigh placing the all too familiar handcuffs onto Tae’s wrists and pushing the older forward “ooh ! Kookie you know you could have just asked and I would have let you do this without me having to commit a crime!” Tae continued to tease the younger but the blue suited boy only responded in heavy sighs and mumbles about how there were better things he could have been doing with his time which Tae agreed with wholeheartedly.

The concrete walls completed with a dark mirror lining one wall was all too familiar to Tae who spent the majority of his time handcuffed to the cold metal desk situated in the middle of the room; So much so that he believed if he looked hard enough he would be able to see his print from the last time he had been sitting in that exact chair.

“Kim Taehyung?” A voice asked followed by a balding old guy walking through the metal door. Tae sighed and looked at the tinted mirror in the exact place he knew Kook would be standing.

“Really Kookie? Why do you even try when you know you’re the only one I will talk to?” Taehyung could have sworn he was able to hear the younger boy’s deep sigh followed by a door opening and closing then a jiggle on the door handle of the interrogation room.

“I’ll take over from here sergeant Lee, he is know to get physical when I am not the one interrogating him” Kook explained and Tae sneered an almost joker like smile as his brain worked on his next snarky remark.

“Who says you don’t like when I’m physical Kookie?” The exasperated sigh from Jungkook’s mouth made Tae laugh again and somehow was able to smile even wider.

“Taehyung why were you there this time?” Kook asked taking a seat on the more comfortable looking chair that was placed right across from Tae. dropping the wide smile Tae leaned in closer to kook, only as far as the cuffs would allow. Tae couldn’t have been further than five inches away from touching noses with the young cop but Jungkook stayed still, knowing no harm would come to him; not from Tae at least.

“I couldn’t wait to see you again…” Glancing over at the dark one-sided glass Tae couldn’t tell if anyone was behind it but hoped at least the old sergeant was. Biting his lip Tae whispered “Especially how you left me last time, all hot and messy…”

Jungkook rolled his eyes and lightly touched Tae’s shoulder as to signal for him to sit down. Tae gladly took his seat knowing his job was done, Kook would soon be called out to be question about his relations to the suspect. Kook knew that too as he looked Tae right in the eyes with a look of pure comedy as he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter