Charms

Shadows

Everyone heard of the expression It works like a charm right? Mina doesn't think it makes any sense. For her casting charms was always a struggle. Chaeyoung and Irene both did well. And the rest of the class too. Only Mina seemed to struggle with casting charms. 

A few of the older students snickered behind Mina as she failed to produce a spell from the end of her wand. 

"It's probably because she's using a piece of broccoli instead of a wand" One girl chuckled. Mina slammed her book in the desk and turned around to face the stundent group behind her with a scrowl.  But before she had the chance to do anything, a cloud appeared over the group of student's heads, drenching the students in water. 

"There you go, babe. Let's take a walk shall we?" Sana spoke with a smirk and a wink. Mina knew it was her that hexed that cloud to those students. 

Sana grabbed Mina's wrist and dragged her out, Skipping gleefully as she moved. 

"Sana...really. Thank you for helping me but I could have fixed it myself" Mina spoke.

"It's better not to dirty your reputation, plus I'm already a Slytherin so my reputation can't get much worse* Sana said with a giggle. She had a habit of doing that. Both being filled to the brim with laughter and making fun of herself. The stereotype of Slytherins being evil still living on despite most Slytherins was nothing even close to evil. 

"Minari, you're doing that thing again. When you space out and stare angrily at the innocent person infront of you." Sana said usig exaggerated movements. Mina giggled at that. 

Sana was Mina'a senior by one year along with Irene. If Mina remembers correctly it was because Irene and Sana got paired during dueling practice and they immediately clicked.

 

"Want me to help you out with the homework?" Sana asked. Her eyes trained on Mina's wand. 

"I know a few tips and tricks!" Mina smiled at that.

Sana who only knew how to smile got sorted into the ambitious house because of her will to do better. Sometimes when Sana thought no one was looking Mina would catch a glimmer of sadness in Sana's eyes and those smiles turning into a frown but only for a second or two. As if Sana forced those sad emotions back. To where they wouldn't be able to reach her.