4 o Clock

Shadows

Mina always had trouble sleeping. If she remembers correctly she hasn't sleept well since she was around the age of 10. It didn't help that she shared room with others. Fortunately her friends. Chaeyoung and Irene. Whom was on year younger and on year older respectivly. They took a couple classes together so they were quite close but apparently not close enough where Mina could sleep in peace. 

 

Instead of just laying in bed and starring at the roof of the bed, she usually sat by herself in the Ravenclaw common room in her pyjamas. Reading a book or maintaining her broom and quidditch gear.

 

Yeah, Mina plays. She's a chaser. She didn't really audition because she wanted too eventhough she liked to watch quiddich. The team captain asked if Mina could fill in a empty spot after the team's batter had gotten injured and Mina reluctantly joined. The team quickly grew fond of her. She could play well no matter what position she was placed in and was great at it too. When older teammates graduated Mina had a official spot on the team reserved for her. No. 01 Myoui Mina. Ravenclaw quiddich chaser. 

 

She didn't know why or quite honestly how she was so good at the sport. Sure she read a lot about it and watched a lot of games but that didn't quite make her a good player per say. It wasnt until she accidentally revealed that she trained ballet for a extended period of timd that the team understood. Dancers had a certain skill of controlling their bodies no other athlete could. Mina the Black Swan flew with a hypnotising grace. 

 

 

"Not tired?" Chaeyoung asked. Sitting down beside Mina who was busy shining her protective gear.  Mina spared her friend a glance before she replied. 

"Like always" Before she continued. Chaeyoung knew, every morning she would turn around in bed and find Mina's bed empty. The bed was always neatly made with no trace of anyone ever sleeping in it despite Chaeyoung and Irene witnessing Mina crawling under her blankets and saying goodnight every day. 

 

"Do these work?" Chaeyoung decides to ask, she doesn't enjoy silence as much as Mina does. Mina nodds her head, once, twice, three times. 

"They're mostly there to make sure you don't break your wrists when catching, throwing, or hitting" Mina explanins. Inspecting her boots on last time, scrubbing of the last gime before setting them aside. Mina looks over at Chaeyoung who she feels are starring at her.

 

"Did you want to talk about anything?" Chaeyoung scans the room as she thinks. Her hands fiddling with the straps of the gauntlet in her hands. 

"I...Had trouble falling alseep" Chaeyoung says after a few moments. 

"You fell asleep fastest today though" Mina responds with a chuckle. Her hand asking for the garment in Chaeyoung hands. Chaeyoung handed it over with a smile. One with teeth flashing, dimples showing and eyes formed into halfmoons. 

"I may or may not had a nightmare, not that it's important" Chaeyoung says, scratching her cheek and furrowing her eyebrows as she pouts ever so slightly. 

 

Mina ushers Chaeyoung closer and placed a kiss on Chaeyoung's cheek. Chaeyoung blushes and looks baffled at Mina whom only smiles back at her. 

"My dad always said that when you're scared, a little love can help you through it. Even if it's just a nightmare" Mina giggles before putting all her quiddich gear in it's trunk. 

"You're dad seems quite poetic" Chaeyoung says, recovering from the kiss. Mina hums in reply. 

"He just knows how to use his words" Mina says, shrugging her shoulders and playing with her wand. 

Chaeyoung observes as Mina plays around with her wand. It's different from most other wands among the students It's a sort of warm brown with red hints to it. The decoration on the wand was what stood out however. At the base of the wand it looked like a withered cherry blossom tree from japan (Mina's home country) the tree stem twisted slightly and formed the wand. Along the way a few cherry blossoms decorated the shaft of the wand as it thinned out into a typical point of a wand.

"What did you say your wand was made out of now again?" Chaeyoung asks. She asks all the time but always seems to forget.

"White river monster spine core, wand itself is made out of cherry wood." Mina said to which Chaeyoung replied.

"So that's why-" Mina interoupted Chaeyoung before she even got to finish her sentence. She was sure she heard Chaeyoung say the same thing almost everyday.

"It's not like that, the handle isn't supposed to represent a cherry tree, It's supposed to-"

"Remind her of the passage of time, Flowers bloom and wither with the seasons. Time waits for no one. Cliché isn't it? Myoui?" Irene interupts. 

"Very" Mina responds with a chuckle. motioning with her hand for Irene to come join them on the common room's couches. Irene settles down on the left side of Mina which is the unoccupied space as Chaeyoung sits by the right of Mina. 

 

"I know Mina struggles with sleep but what are you doing up at this ungodly hour Chaeyoung ah?" Irene looks first at Mina then to Chaeyoung behind her.  Mina shruggs her shoulders and rolls her eyes. Making sure to exaggerate for giggles. Chaeyoung ducks her head and looks anywhere but into Irene's concerned eyes. 

"Nightmare" Chaeyoung says. Trying to sound calm but she is sure Irene can see how anxious she really is. 

Mina looks down at her wrist watch which is decorated by the solar system and constellations. The planets floating inside the clock in synch with how the they move in real life. 

"It's already 4 O Clock" Mina mutters. Standing up and taking her trunk with her as she heads back into the dorm room of the three. 

"What happens at 4 O Clock?" Chaeyoung asks, puzzled at Mina not reappearing from their room. 

"She sleeps" Irene responds. 

"From 4 o Clock to 7 o clock, Mina sleeps" Irene explains when she notices how Chaeyoung doesn't seem to comprehend the meaning of Irene's words. This time Chaeyoung seems to understand. forms into a o as she realises it does make sense. Mina sleeps some hours at least. To both her surprise and relief.