Hot

Your Importance

 

Waiting for the clock to strike noon, I doodled into my notes ignoring the morning lecture. After covering my notebook in doodles I put my pencil down and furrowed my brows in frustration. What could I possibly say to him? I’ve been ignoring him for days and I’m just at a loss of words. Maybe if I see him the words will just come.

 

The bells rings, signalling the end of class. I hurriedly make my way to see Myungsoo. I know that his morning class had just ended too so I quicken my pace to make sure I don’t miss him. Entering the Eastern lecture hall I search for his familiar handsome face. I can’t seem to find him walking the halls so I make my way to the classroom. I peer inside and find a few students talking to the professor, but no Myungsoo.

 

I spot one of his classmates Amber and wave her over. She takes quick strides, her short blonde hair flipping around. She makes her way over to me and smiles.

 

“Hey Amber, have you seen Myungsoo? Did he leave early or something?” I ask.

 

“ No, actually he didn’t come to class today. He’s been looking pretty down the past few days..”

 

“Oh, alright. Thanks Amber, I’ll go check up on him.” I say reassuringly.

 

She gives me a bright smile and says her goodbyes.

 

I take out my phone to see no missed calls. Just yesterday Myungsoo would constantly text and call me, now he completely stopped. Hastily I make my out of the lecture hall to catch the bus. As it pulls up I take out my fare and take a seat at the back of the bus.

 

In no time I reach the front of our apartment complex and the lady at the front desk greets me brightly. “Welcome back Mr. Lee,” she smiles. I nod in her direction and hastily walk to the elevator. As I reach my floor I take out my keys and reach for the doorknob.

 

As I enter my apartment I gently slip my shoes off and place them to the side. The apartment was silent so I called out for Myungsoo. “Soo, are you there?”

 

No response.

 

Worried I began to look for him. Not in the kitchen, not in the living room, not in the bathroom. I shake my head trying to get rid of all the worst-case scenarios.

 

Oh.

 

He’s asleep.

 

Under the ruffled bed sheets and thick blanket Myungsoo was gently snoring away. I slowly approached him and then gently sat by his side. He rustled in his sleep and turned so that he was facing me. That’s when I noticed his pale face, covered in a thin layer of sweat. I reach forward to place the back of my hand on his forehead.

 

Hot.

 

Myungsoo was running a fever, and a high one at that.

 

 

 

// This chapter was so short :'( 

I was aiming for a 1,000 words but I just couldn't write much.

I can write a 2,000 word essay on the Confederation of Canada but not my favourite pairing :/

Anyways, sorry for the delay, comments and harsh critisism is welcomed.