epilogue

Ocalis: The Lost Legend
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Epilogue

 

Two years later

 

Chanyeol sat at the corner table of the nearly-empty café sipping on a cup of the world’s worst coffee. In front of him, his MacBook Pro sat opened to to the latest chapter of the newest fantasy novel he was working on—the sequel to his first novel, Ocalis: The Lost Legend.

 

His first book had been published over eighteen months ago, and was an instant hit. However, the ending caused an uproar amongst many of its readers. Chanyeol and his publishing company had received more than a few thousand emails asking for a sequel or alternative ending. His fan page had been bombarded with angry comments demanding justice for the ill-fated Elemental. Reading through the comments had become one of Chanyeol’s favorite past times.

 

 

Bryce deserves a happy ending, why would you kill him off like that???!??

 

 

u know what. FU CHASE FOR JUST FLYING OFF INTO THE SUNSET ALONE LIKE THAT.

 

 

screw chase and bryce, i wanna know what happens with kai and do (but seriously. who names their kid “do”???)

 

 

You know… I doubt Bryce’s coffee really that bad. Chase was probs just a coffee snob or something LOLOLOLLL

 

 

I am in pain… I don’t know how to move on… Why, Bryce, WHY??? T__T

 

 

“Reading comments again?”

 

Chanyeol looked up from his laptop screen and smiled, accepting the muffin that his boyfriend offered him. “Yeah, they’re pretty amusing.”

 

His boyfriend leaned over his shoulder and scanned through the comments.

 

“Kai and DO are doing well. DO has taken over ELYSIUM, and has renovated it into an inn for visitors of Belacre Island.”

 

Chanyeol raised a brow. “Have you been talking to Jaehyuk again?”

 

“Of course,” Baekhyun nodded. “He says they miss us…” Baekhyun’s mouth curled downwards into a small frown. “I miss them, too,” he said quietly.

 

Chanyeol placed a comforting hand on Baekhyun’s arm. “As long as we know they’re there…” Chanyeol said, trying to find words to comfort his boyfriend. He knew how hard leaving Ocalis had been for Baekhyun. “We may not be able to go back, but at least we’ll always know they’re there; that Ocalis is there. It’ll live on through us. It’ll remain a fond memory to us; somewhere only we know.”

 

Baekhyun blinked back tears as he tightened his hold, embracing Chanyeol in a back hug. He placed a kiss on the author’s cheek, and then leaned back slightly to point at Chanyeol’s laptop screen.

 

“I agree with that one. You’re just a coffee snob.”

 

“Baekhyun,” Chanyeol sighed, turning around. “Look around your café. If it really was just me being a coffee snob, would there only be three people in here?”

 

Baekhyun pouted. “You’re just always here at the wrong time. There are always a lot of people in here in the evenings.”

 

“Those are high school and college students, Baek. They don’t count.”

 

“And why not?” Baekhyun asked, blowing his hair that had grown a bit too long out of his face.

 

“Because,” Chanyeol sighed, “they don’t really come for your coffee. They come for the cute silver hair, blue-eyed barista that makes the coffee. Trust me on this, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter