4 o'clock

Description

one shot inspired by V and RM's 4 o'clock!

---

a letter was written to you by Taehyung after leaving him alone.

Foreword

To my dearest,

 

Hey! How long has it been? Do you have time to read this very long letter? I hope so.

 

Do you remember when we sat on this park bench one night? I bet you don't. We sat on this park bench pratically every night, actually. Silly me. Oh, that night when the stars were extraordinarily bright and shiny? Do you remember? Because I do. I can't forget every detail of that night.

 

I told you that the stars were too pretty, that they look like children of the moon, but you refused to agree. You said that the moon is prettier, that it shines brighter than the stars.

 

"I'd rather be the moon than a star at night." You said.

 

"Why?" I asked.

 

"The sky only has one moon but thousands of stars." Then you smiled. "I wish I could be born as the moon in my afterlife."

 

Well, I never forget how you admired the moon so much and I tried my best to understand your sentiment. I started liking the things you like, and hate the things you hate. I became you, and you said, you became me. We became one.

 

You said that you were scared alone. So am I. So I chose to stay with you. And you chose to stay with me. We shared each and every hour of our lives together, from knowing each other to loving each other. We kissed and hugged every night knowing that it's only me and you and no one else in this world. We sing the songs that we write and compose together until dawn. We talked about our dreams, our hopes, and everything that we did, we do, and would have done (if) we're still together, but we aren't because you left me all alone. I'm back to being scared now that you're not here with me. I even asked the skies if you can come back and stay with me again but, of course, you can't. In this world, us is never possible again.

 

I love you, and you loved me. I felt it. I really did. You made sure that your love is felt in each and every second.

 

I even felt how much you love the birds that sometimes joined us during our times together. You said they were cute and you liked them because they were free. You caught them and you let them go. You wanted to be like them, right? Because they can fly up in the sky. You even thought if they could reach the moon and the stars. But of course they don't. Just like us. We can't reach the moon and the stars. Just like me, I couldn't reach you anymore.

 

Then, the days came that you didn't come to sit with me on this park bench. You never told me why. Days became weeks, and months. I did not believe your excuses for letting me sit on that park bench alone fully aware that I am scared by myself. Crying, you apologized. Then you flew away, just like the birds you liked. You became like them.

 

You made me feel like the days we used to share together were just days that we wasted. The songs that we sang are a mere noise that has no melody. The laughter, the moments, our dreams, all faded away.

 

One night, I was sitting here alone, you came back. I was happy, no, I was sad and happy at the same time. We watched the sun sank on the green fields until the sky turned dark, and the moon and stars appeared.

 

"I lied..." you said softly.

 

"I don't want to become the moon in my afterlife, nor a bird, or anything." You continued.

 

"I want to be me."

 

"With you."

 

"Again."

 

"Is that okay?"

 

You looked at me. Tears streaming down your face. I hugged you tight and you embraced me back.

 

"But I can't be me again."

 

"I can't. I couldn't."

 

"You can be whatever you want as long as you're with me." I told you, not knowing where I got those words to say.

 

"I will be a star because you said they're pretty. They're children of the moon, anyways." Were the last few words I heard from you.

 

And now, i believe you're one of the stars I am looking at right now. I don't know which one though because there are thousands of them. Maybe the one that shines the brightest, or, the one that's nearest to the moon. 

 

Whenever I look at you, I remember all the days that we were together that I thought we wasted. I sing the songs we used to sing together which I thought are a mere noise and has no melody. I laugh, I relive the moments, and I continue to dream, thinking that it was foolish of me to think that it all faded away.

 

I wish I could be with you as soon as possible. That's the reason I am writing this letter to you. To send my regards, and tell you that I'll be with you the soonest. I can become a bird and fly up the sky to reach you. Or another star that twinkles beside you.

 

I could be anyone who I wanted to be when I was with you. Just like who you became when you were with me.

 

Where are you, my moonchild? Tell me and I'll be right beside you. Wait for me, it won't take long.

 

See you soon.

 

Love,

T.