The Last Thread Is Gone

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonghyun..” Mrs.Kim calls her son from the kitchen.

But Jonghyun is not in the state that he could hear anything at all, he is completely senseless to the outside environment right now. He might not respond even if someone hits him hard.Jonghyun is struggling. He is struggling with himself. But nobody really knows.

 

5 DAYS AGO~


“Jonghyunah!!!!” Mrs. Kim clashed in to his son’s room without even knocking like she usually did.

Jonghyun was stretched on the bed with his eyes fixed on the roof. Mrs.Kim immediately spotted Jonghyun’s cellphone which has been thrown on the floor.
 

“Jonghyunah!” She ran towards the bed and shook his son’s shoulders.
 

Jonghyun turned his gaze to his mom .He was shocked. Mrs.Kim's eyes were filled with tears and there was a continuous drain of tears extended from each of her eyes. Her eyes were red and her face had fear and sorrow written over it.
 

“Mom” Jonghyun sat on the bed
 

“Jonghyunah” As just as Jonghyun’s arms went over his mom’s waist for a embrace Jonghyun’s mom was triggered. She started sobbing.
 

Jonghyun who didn’t know a thing started patting his mom’s head.
 

Jonghyun’s parents were divorced, so this might be it. His father might be getting remarried. JOnghyun hated his father and he knew re marriage would make him mad too. Although he hated Mr.kim he was still a Kim and Mr.Kim was still his father. He didn’t want a bunch of step siblings. He hated it.

The only one who knew his family misery was Kibum, His best friend or his living diary, well except for the last few months when they had to separate because of their different study plans.
 

Jonghyun’s mind was already occupied with fear. What if it effects his mom so badly? What if his mom still loves that short tempered man he hated to refer as dad?

Kibum was the only person with whom he could share his stories so that his family misery would not burn him down. Jonghyun was still healthy thanks to Kibum who always consoled his mind since the start of their family misery, the day his mom found out that Mr.Kim has a thing for another woman. Kibum basically kept him composed. Even Mrs.Kim didn’t know that these family problems had such a huge impact on Jonghyun. She believed that Jonghyun hated his father, so that he didn’t give a damn on anything related to him including the divorce. But Mrs.Kim was wrong. She had no idea how many times Jonghyun cried in Kibum’s embrace at the rooftop of Kibum's building . 

Before his collage life started it was a regular place for him. He would hangout with Kibum in the rooftop .Even he went most of the days he found it still magical just as the very first day he visited the place. Watching how the sky change from orange dusk to pitch black with scattered shining stars. 
 

Kibum….
Everything was ruined today. It was a mess. Sekyung was pulling over rubbish to his mind over the past week telling that Kibum would ask her to break up with Jonghyun because he had a crush on Jonghyun. Jonghyun knew and trusted Kibum.

But something definitely has happened today. There should be a reason for Kibum to call her , Kibum never gets rude without a reason. But before he could ask anything Kibum left the place and Sekyung… Jonghyun felt irritated with her. The very fact that she used that word for Kibum made Jonghyun irky towards her. 
 

He was intended to call Kibum tomorrow and apologize for the whole thing. He also wanted to have their next hangout on the next weekend at their corner on Kibum’s rooftop.
 

However Jonghyun was snapped back from his own thoughts in shock with the word his mom uttered next.
 

“Kibum…”
 

“Mom! What!!” Jonghyun broke away from embrace and now his hands were on his mom’s shoulders.
 

A mixture of fear and shock ran through Jonghyun’s mind sending a wave of electricity through his body.
 

His mom sobbed harder.
 

He shook his mom’s shoulders.
“Mom! TELL ME!!!”
 

“he is dead”
 

His hands fell down. His face was expressionless for a second. A heavy weight was getting dumped on his back.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun was at the entrance of the funeral room. He didn’t exactly walked there, it was like him mom dragged him there. It was like his sanity was gone now. Yeah, he was lost. His mom had to help him get dressed and even walk him by wrapping her arm around his waist.

Jonghyun was wearing the black slack and black coat over the white shirt. The same costume he wore for his grandma’s death.
 

Death; he knew that it was inevitable, but he never thought that he would have to wear this costume ever again in near future. And top of all for Kibum.He has never imagined a future without Kibum. 
 

His face was still fixed on the ground as he was walking through the passage with his mom. His mom bowed to Kibum’s parents but Jonghyun was still zoned out.
 

“Jonghyunah” His mom sounded warm.
 

“Let’s go see his body” His mom walked him towards the coffin.
 

“Kibum..” His mom sighed looking at the body .Jonghyun’s eyes were fixed elsewhere until he heard the name.
 

He gazed at his mom.
 

“Mom..”
 

“Kibum?”
 

For the first time of the day his mind was concentrated on the place where his body was. He looked at the lifeless body.
 

Kibum.. His best f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter