The Last Thread

The Last Thread
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 Kibum fills the empty glass with liquor. It was his first time ever.  He has sipped soju, beer, champagne and almost everything just to check out  but it was his first ever time ever, drinking out there , on the roof top of the 20 storey building. He is sitting on the concrete floor with legs crossed and two bottles were standing beside him. One green coloured, made of glass, A bottle of soju. The other transparent, made of glass, A bottle of beer. He is TWENTY! Legally he is supposed to wait another year to drink but he needed them most badly at the moment. It wasn’t that hard to grab the two bottles from the fridge which was filled with various kinds of liquor. His dad won’t notice the missing two anyway.

From the expression on his face someone would misjudge the whole situation. He was smiling and his face looked worriless. 

He goes another round. Glass gets half filled with beer. Then comes the soju. Perfect composition to take anyone’s worries away.

 

TWO DAYS AGO

Kibum flipped off the biology text book to take out a new canvas. He took out the box of water colours and the brush that he normally uses for random paintings. He mixed the colours with water. He started wandering  the brush on the canvas freely, mixing colours randomly.
 

Red, white, pink, orange, yellow…
 

Those colours and the combinations displayed his mood explicitly.
 

Hour ago Jonghyun called him after almost a month. Apart from that they were going to meet tomorrow. Kibum knew that it would need him to conquer several wars with his mom for him to get out of the house , but the feeling that he is going to meet Jonghyun at the end made him worriless and happy. He would endure anything as long as he is going to meet Jonghyun at the end.
 

Jonghyun was the person he loved, though it was unrequited Kibum knew that it was not as like those random high school crushes he had. He loved Jonghyun wholeheartedly. They were best friends for almost six years but there was something else in their relationship. They were so much clingy towards each other and they were so much fond of each other. They had joke moments but they weren’t “dude jokes” .Sometimes Kibum thought that Jonghyun also has a crush on him. Though it  was just a one sided assumption, it made him happy,always.
 

Jonghyun was currently attending collage majoring in IT while Kibum was getting ready for collage entrance exams for the second time. Kibum’s situation was pretty worse. He wanted to become someone who gets to be involved with aesthetics, anything related to art while his family strongly wanted him to become a doctor. That was the whole reason for him to take exams again. He felt so devastated whenever he was happened to think about his own future.
 

He smiled to himself while mixing yellow colour with white and pink.
 

“KIM KIBUM!!! WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING RIGHT NOW!!!!”
 

Kibum was snapped out by his mother’s sudden yell.
“I’m just painting” He shrugged in a cool way and turned his head back to the paining.
 

“You only have 2 months for the exam and this is what you are supposed to do? Only TWO DAMN MONTHS KIBUM!!!!!”
 

“Mom, come on, I am not a robot. I can’t study all the day!”
 

“KIBUM, Do you think you can get into a medical school at this rate? What’s the problem with you!! Are we giving you any burdens? You get all you want!!  You aren’t a struggling poor kid. Just why can’t you study for these two months. What are you? Are you going to fail us again?” Words were split out from her without a pause.
 

Kibum dropped the brush on the floor.
 

“WHAT THE HELL!!! I am doing all these because of you, I don’t wanna be a doctor and you know it, but I am all doing these for you, You don’t have any right to yell at me”
 

“Who the hell are you to talk to your mom like that?” His dad appeared behind his mom with a furious face.
 

“Have you two ever considered what I want to be? How I wanna live? NO!!!!! All the time you two have planned my damn life!! And I never objected you, never once in the pathetic life of mine! I stayed like the obedient cage animal like you two wanted me..”
 

“KIM KIBUM!!! GET THE HELL OUT OF THIS HOUSE” His dad yelled startling ,even his wife.
 

Kibum shrugged off and left the room. But neither his mom nor his dad noticed anything from him. They never tried to understand  their son.In their eyes Kibum was the disobedient 20 year old who fails them and spoils the family name.
………………………………………………………………………………………
KIbum who was holding tears hurried his steps through the staircase. He usually doesn’t take the elevator whenever he is moody. Releasing physical strength to a great extent helped him to get over  whatever the emotions he wants to expel out of his system.
 

By the time he reached the roof top he was panting hard and he had to use the railing of the balcony to keep himself hoisted until he reached his usual corner. He stared out from the balcony watching the city. It was beautiful and so much alive just like his dreams.
 

His dreams, that no one ever cared about except for the only friend he had. Kim Jonghyun. Kibum took the phone out from the pocket of his jacket to dial the number .To contact that person  for the second time of the day . To hear his voice again.As Kibum was busy with studying Jonghyun was used to not approach him first, but today evening it was Jonghyun who approached him first which made Kibum happy.
 

“Jonghyunah”
 

“Oh…Kibummie, again.” Jonghyun sounded happy from the other end.
 

KIbum took several seconds to catch breaths.
 

“KIbumah, Are you panting? “
 

“Yes, A little”
 

“You’re there, aren’t you? The rooftop.”
 

Kibum chuckled before answering a yes.
 

“What happened?”
 

“What?”
 

“I am your friend, don’t try to sound okay when you’re not”
 

“It’s just some stupid little fight with my parents”
 

“What happened?”
 

“Let’s not talk about it Jjong, I don’t wanna rewind it in my head.”
 

“Alright”
 

Then they went talking about random things, some things that they talked on the early convo was repeated but none of them would mind. They ended up talking almost an hour. It was already the night. The view of the sky of stars meeting the city of lights made Kibum happy. 
 

Kibum went back towards the stairs. He took steps down slowly. 
 

When he entered the apartment his mom and dad were seemed to be in the dining room already. He closed the door behind and lied down on bed closing his eyes.He was tensed up again.

A moment later the door opened again and a hand which appeared through the door placed a plate of food on the table which was just beside the door. KIbum who was too far from being hungry decided to listen to some music. 
 #####################################
 

Kibum wore a denim jacket over the white coloured T shirt. He was wearing a pink coloured tight jean and a matching pair of hi top red coloured converse sneakers. He checked his reflection through the mirror. His brown hair perfectly went with the outfit. Smiling at himself he took a black colour simple ear ring from the drawer and pinned it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter