First Wheel

A Wheel of Love

 

First Wheel

Huge glasses window showed how blue the sky was and how nice the day was, but he could care less. Today was one of his usual nightmares. Sighing as he covered the afternoon sun with his palm, he turned back from his office window and sat on his desk. He grasped a file in front of him, which he would present later in a meeting. 

No, he couldn’t do it. No way could he do it at all. 

“Director Kim,” a girl’s voice echoed from his office phone,” The meeting will start soon…”

“I know,” he answered in calm voice though he was so bleeding nervous inside. His heart almost popped out from his chest, he swore. Without any choice, he dragged himself out of his office and proceeded into the meeting room. His female secretary followed from behind. Just before entering it, he met his father, the chairman of the company.

“Don’t mess up this time, OK?” the old man warned,” I’ll make important announcement today and you must present the presentation, Jaejoong ah,”

Jaejoong didn’t answer nor nod. He simply went into the room. It was boring, the whole meeting, everything. They mainly talked about expanding the company and shareholder stuff. Jaejoong didn’t have any interest on them at all.

“Now, I have an important announcement to make,” the chairman spoke,” I know my son is still lack in many aspects and that’s why I want all of you to help me to turn this rascal into a real businessman. I’ll entrust the company to him in the future. He’s my only successor.”

“This can’t be happening! He will turn the company into ashes in a month!”

“That’s true! He always comes late to work and never do anything right.”

Jaejoong didn’t care any of them; they’re all true. Ignoring the negative comment about his behavior, he stick his fingers to his i-pad, playing a game called ‘Cooking Mama’; maybe he should try to become a chef, he fancy cooking.

“With all due respect, chairman, he’s no other but a trouble maker in our company. Our company image has suffered negatively for so many times because of him.”

“Not for get to mention, the accident in a club few days ago, he---“

“ENOUGH!” the chairman shouted as Jaejoong stopped playing with his i-pad. He looked up and his father’s stare was on him. He put his i-pad behind him as he fake a cough.

“I told you, he’s still lacking, that’s why---“

“I’m sorry, chairman, but don’t we have more suitable candidate here?” a middle-aged woman asked as she continued,” He’s no other but Director Park.”

Jaejoong gulped; he certainly didn’t like where the conversation going. It had happened a few times before and Jaejoong certainly hated Director Park.

“Well, how about this?” a man called as Director Park spoke,” How about Director Kim presents his presentation first and then we can judge him whether he can be the company successor or not?”

“Nice idea…” most of the people there agreed as Jaejoong shivered. He looked to Director Park, whose grin made he hit his nerve. Trembling a bit, Jaejoong got up from his seat as he walked to the small podium. 

“All right,” Jaejoong tried to speak fluently,” For today presentation..I…Ahh…I...”

Jaejoong could feel his head spinning around as his heart beat in crazy beat. He began to gasp for air and his palms were sweating so much. Losing control of himself as all the stare in the room was killing him, his panic brain tried to find any solution so that he could run away from that moment and he did find one.

“Okay, the truth is…” Jaejoong spoke unevenly,” I never made the presentation…The file on my hand is blank…I don’t have anything to present…”

“WHAT?!” the chairman shouted madly.

Jaejoong knew that moment was the right moment. He took his things as he jumped out from the room, running away again.

“YAAAA!!! STOP RIGHT THERE, YOU USELESS BRAT!” 

He could hear his father was calling him like a mad man but he managed to run away as the lift door closed and he was in it. His secretary made it too.

“Umm, Director Kim, it’s not good to always run away when---“before she could finish Jaejoong cut him.

“You’re fired,” Jaejoong simply said.

“What? But I just---“

“Are you deaf?” Jaejoong asked,” I said you’re fired!”

With that, the poor secretary rushed out from the lift with tears on her eyes. She was cursing at how childish and selfish his boss was; Jaejoong could care less. All he knew, he was already in his car with his driver.

“Go to the usual place…” Jaejoong spoke and with that the driver didn’t dare to talk back. It’s a habit that Kim Jaejoong would go to his ‘special place’ whenever he messed up everything.

Sighing, Jaejoong closed his eyes for a second and a flash of Director Park’s face came out to his mind. How he wished he could smack that evil grin from that bastard’s face! Well, he got history with that masochism-heartless-inhuman-being; they used to go out and that time he called him ‘Yoochun ah~” or “Chunnie” or whatsoever.

Kicking the innocent elephant doll in front of him, he wreaked his pique in childish manner. But it helped a lot, he felt a lot better few minutes later. 

“We’re here,” his driver spoke as the car stopped.

Jaejoong came out as he breathed the nice air. The green meadow and bird singing refreshed him. They’re on a hill and there was a café. It was Jaejoong’s ‘special place’. Entering the café, he ordered his usual caramel chocolate he adored so much and then sat on a seat next to a window. From there, the scene was so epic and he liked it so much. Sipping his delicious drink, he smiled as he forgot his problem for a moment. Just when he thought everything was fine again, it got worse when a man sat on the opposite seat of him.

“So, is this your hiding place? Nice one, I must admit,” it was no other but Park Yoochun.

“You followed me!!!” Jaejoong pointed his finger,” Why are you always like this invading my privacy?!”

“I didn’t, I just felt I want to come to this place, that’s all…”Yoochun lied as Jaejoong tried his best to not beat the man in front of him. Jaejoong got up from his seat and was about to leave but Yoochun stopped him.

“Your father risked his own position to protect you as his successor,” Yoochun spoke,” You need to prove you’re suitable for the position in the next meeting in a week. You must present our newest project of the beach houses well or else, your father will be in shame because of you…”

“I don’t care about that!” Jaejoong said almost shouting.

“Yes, you don’t. That’s why exactly you always running away leaving your father in trouble! That’s why you never grown up, act childishly and selfishly,” Yoochun said.

“What do you want, exactly?!” Jaejoong shouted as he exploded,” Was it not enough that you dumped me?! You left me without any word, going to achieve your dream in another country! Did you know how much I suffered because of you? It’s your entire fault that I’m like this now, your fault! Do you copy that? So go away from me and never show up in front of me again!”

“You’re still not over it?” Yoochun asked in serious tone as Jaejoong couldn’t hold any longer. He used his fist to punch Yoochun’s face but it was captured by the other man.

“Let go of me you, bast---“ Jaejoong couldn’t continue his sentence as his lips were sealed with Yoochun’s. It felt so real and that was why it’s hurting Jaejoong’s heart till it wanted to stop beating. All their past memories of how they smiled together, embraced each other, spent time with one another, kissed, touched, made love, moaned each other’s name, loved each other, flashed in Jaejoong’s mind.

“Let go of me!!!” Jaejoong pushed the man away as he ran out from the café. He got into his car and told the driver to get the hell out of there. Yoochun didn’t after him; the man only looked to Jaejoong’s car till it disappeared. Sighing, Yoochun took Jaejoong’s leftover drink and then drank it. 

“You never change, still love the caramel chocolate…” Yoochun talked to himself.



---

Jaejoong stared at the night sky from his bedroom window as he wiped his red puffy eyes. He had been crying for hours; the tears wouldn’t seem to stop till few minutes ago. Getting up, he was about to go to his bathroom but then his father’s figure appeared from his door.

“What’s it?” Jaejoong asked as he covered his face with his hands; no way would he let his father saw him like this.

“You know,” his father spoke in calm tone,” I’m risking my position to protect you. You must present our company project in a week or else I’ll be doomed.”

“I know…” Jaejoong answered, trying to repair his cracked voice.

“Please…Jaejoong ah, don’t disappoint me again,” his father spoke before he headed out,” I trust you, Jaejoong ah…”

When he was finally sure he was alone, Jaejoong went to the bathroom like he wanted. He washed his face as he looked to himself in a mirror. He knew he couldn’t be like this anymore. He used to be dependable, a good son with well manner and reputation. Everything changed after he met Park Yoochun. Well, to be exactly explicit, everything changed when Yoochun dumped him.

“It’s his entire fault…” Jaejoong mumbled to himself,” He turned me into helpless coward and made me lost all my confidence. All those promises he said to never leave me were lies. He turned me into this. I can’t even speak in front of more than three people!!!”

Jaejoong sighed, yes; he had agoraphobia, that’s why he hated places with many people. He would have panic attack when that happened. He went back to his room as he flipped his phone, calling certain number.

“I need you to help me with a presentation. I need inspiration,” Jaejoong spoke,” Come on, you’re bank of inspiration, Angela…”

So, Kim Jaejoong spent his night discussing the presentation with his colleague from his university. It was a relief he had such a bright minded friend.