#07

Pick Me!

 

 

 

"Hi." Aeri said as soon as she opened the door. She looked around to find for someone but he's nowhere to be seen. All the members in the room turned their attention towards her.

That's when a boy approached her asking, "Who are you looking for?" A boy who was holding a guitar greeted her.

"I was looking for," Before she could ever complete her words someone tapped her shoulders; startled her. 

"Aeri?" The boy said, "What are you doing here?" He asked as it's the first time ever he saw Aeri around their club room. She never came here before. Not even once even Daehwi is the Vice President of the club. She is normally didn't have any interest in music but she felt like she have sudden interest in it after seeing Donghyun.

"Uh," She startled, wasn't sure what kind of respond she should give in this situation. 

"You know her?" The boy who greeted her earlier asked, Donghyun nodded. Obviously he would know her. He has been admiring the girl since forever.

"Yah, Jung Aeri. What are you doing here?" A boy appeared out of nowhere from Donghyun's back. 

"I-----," She stuttered, "I was looking for you," She replied.

Donghyun who heard that, sigh in disappoinment. He thought she was here because of him but he guessed not. Why would she ever look for him? There's no reason for it though.

"You're looking for me but why?" Daehwi frowned his face when he heard it. As far as he knows she didn't have anything need to be done with him. But then, Daehwi noticed there's something different with Aeri. She looked hella nervous as if she had done something wrong before she comes here. "Yah, Aeri. Have you done something wrong?" He boldly asked.

Aeri's eyes widened, flustered by the question. Did I do something wrong? She thought. She shook her head as a reply. Her eyes then fall at Donghyun who was standing beside her. He was totally focusing on whatever we said right now as he kept smacking his lips as if he has something to say.

"Ah, Donghyun, have you done with your fli-----," Sewoon couldn't complete his sentence when Donghyun suddenly put his on Sewoon's mouth to stop him from talking. He gave a look to Sewoon asking him to not say anything infront of the other guys. Sewoon then excused himself and leave the room. 

"Oh, right!" Daehwi said, "Meet the President of the club, Kim Donghyun," Daehwi suddenly introduced Donghyun to Aeri. Aeri's eyes wandered around as she wants to avoid the stare given by Donghyun at the moment.

Aeri politely passed a 90 degree bow to Donghyun who was actually older than her. She didn't know about it but after seeing Daehwi called him as hyung, she knows he's older than her. Maybe by a year? She wasn't sure.

"We met before," Donghyun make a bold statement caused Aeri to gulp. Donghyun didn't really mind about saying that he met the girl before as he has been waiting for the moment for so long but for Aeri, it was almost the death of her since she knows Daehwi would probably till the end of the year if he ever knows that she has a crush on the President of his club.

"Really? That's great!" Daehwi gave a suspicious stare to Aeri while lifting his eyebrows. Now he knows why Aeri looked so nervous infront of them. There's something happen between them before this. He thought.

"Uh, I need to go," Aeri felt awkward with Daehwi presence here. She wished to see Donghyun but she got no idea that Daehwi would be here too. She thought Daehwi would be in class right now.

"Don't you say you want to see me?" Daehwi asked makes the girl startled. Right. She said that she was looking for Daehwi. That's the reason why she comes here even if that's not the real reason. She looked at Daehwi and passed an awkward smile. She shrugged then take her leave from there. All she knows she should leave the room as soon as possible or else Daehwi would probably asks her too many things.

"She's cute right?" Donghyun said as soon as Aeri leave the room. He smiled at the thought about the girl.

"Aeri? Cute?" Daehwi totally can't relate when Aeri and cute being used in the same sentence. How could Donghyun ever said that Aeri looks cute? Maybe it's just that he spent most of his lifetime with her so he couldn't see the cuteness in her. Did Daehwi ever see Aeri as a girl though? Well he wasn't sure about that.

"Yeah. She's cute." Donghyun nodded his head and smiled. He could smile even brighter if the girl was infront of her. But he somehow knows it might be too late for him to confess his feelings towards the girl. It wasn't even the girl would like him back.

"Do you probably like her, hyung?" Daehwi's question caught Donghyun in surprise. He gulped. Was it that obvious? He thought so. Since he couldn't even hide his feelings everytime the girl around him. It's just that he never meet her before; plus with Daehwi along with her, so the feelings couldn't be shown properly.

"Am I?" He shrugged then took a sit before grabbing his guitar and started to play it. He played to his own composed song that was actually being composed for Aeri. Only for her.

Daehwi who was being left hanging then leave the room as he didn't have anything to do there. Or actually, he forgot the reasons why he went there. It's hard to have a short-term memory. He shook his head lightly.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

"Aeri!" Daehwi called for his bestfriend when he spotted her was standing infront of her classrom and was talking to Jihoon. Since when she ever be friend with that annoying boy? He rolled his eyes. 

Daehwi and Jihoon could never be friend. They're classmates but they just can't click well. Daehwi didn't know why but there's something about him that he didn't like. Even Jinyoung dislikes him though. 

"Oh, Daehwi!" Aeri waved her hand to her friend. Jihoon who was standing infront of her turned his attention towards Daehwi and smiled. . I don't need to see your smile. Daehwi thought.

"What are you doing here?" Daehwi asked in a cold way but Jihoon still put a smile on his face. 

Aeri frowned looking at how Daehwi treated Jihoon. Daehwi never really treat someone coldly... He always being friendly with anyone but why he acted different with Jihoon? Aeri shoved all of those weird thoughts. Why would she even bother about them? 

"Donghyun asked me to pass this to Aeri." He showed a letter in his hand then passed it Aeri.

Aeri took the letter and lifted her eyebrows. A letter? From Donghyun? But why? I've never promise him anything or anything... Plus it has been 2 days since she met him. It's a lie if she said she didn't miss Donghyun especially his voice but she has no guts to go to the club room and furthermore, she knows that Daehwi will be there.

. I forget that he's actually Donghyun's cousin. Daehwi thought alone by himself. He looked at Jihoon and make a sign asking him to leave as soon as possible. Jihoon shrugged and walked away from both of them. He could never understand why the hell Daehwi hates him so much...

"What is wrong with you?" Aeri asked when she was sure that Jihoon is far enough to not hear to their conversation.

"Me?" He pointed to himself, "Did I do something wrong?" Daehwi knows exactly what Aeri trying to say but he couldn't care less about that. Aeri shouldn't know about Jihoon. It's not even her problem.

"You're weird," Aeri said and entered her class leaving the boy behind. Daehwi whined as he couldn't say the things he should say to Aeri. 

"Aeri should know about this though," He muttered, alone.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

Finally, the class for that day has ended. Aeri put all the books in her bag and was about to leave the class when someone stopped her, "Aren't we going to do our assignment?" Woojin asked.

"Ah, you're right," She sighed, she just remember that she still have things to settle with the boy, "Meet me at the cafe in 2 hours? I want to go home first." She asked and Woojin nodded as answer. She took her leave and went straight to home.

She slammed her body onto the bed and sighed. Why does her mind occupied with Donghyun lately? She didn't even talk to him yet she's thinking about him. While having her thoughts on the boy, only then she remembered that Jihoon passed a letter from Donghyun just now. She took out the letter from her bag and opened it.

She frowned as she read the letter. What? Donghyun is leaving? Today? And I just know about it? Oh wait... She quickly dialled someone using her phone. As soon as the one who she called answer it,without waiting she asked, "Were you supposed to tell me about this when you called for me just now?"

"Ah, you finally read the letter," Daehwi simply answered, "But Aeri... His flight is one hour away... You gotta be kidding me."

Aeri took a peek at the watch on the wall and the clock strikes 2pm. "That's mean his flight was actually on 3?" Daehwi replied with 'eung' to the question, "Damn. I'm going to blame you if I couldn't meet him for the last time."

"But why---" Aeri ended the call. Daehwi complaint when he couldn't finish his words. It wasn't his fault that he couldn't tell the girl about it. Plus, Aeri never tell him about her feelings towards Donghyun. The only thing he knows is Donghyun likes Aeri. He has no idea whether Aeri likes Donghyun or not; even based on his observation, Aeri do likes Donghyun.

 

ᶞ-ᶞ-ᶞ

 

", I will still blame Daehwi if I couldn't see him in on time," Aeri mumbled alone at the middle of the road, "But seriously where am I going now?" She realized she was nowhere near the airport nor school. Where the hell she needs to go though? Daehwi said Donghyun going to left in an hour but to be honest, on the letter, Donghyun wrote his flight would be tonight. Daehwi sure loves exaggerating things a little bit to much.

Aeri didn't know why but her feets brought her to the rooftop of the school. It's out of school time and it's literally illegal to be in school especially with no uniform on but she just feels like she needs to go there. Because... There's someone over there. And it might be Donghyun. Her heart told her that. So she got to believe in it. As soon as she opened the door, she could see a boy was actually standing alone on the roof.

The boy who was spacing out turned his head when he heard the squeak noise from the door. He smiled at the upon of seeing the girl's face. He eventually knows that the girl will come here but the fact he has actually been waiting for the girl ever since Jihoon passed the letter to her... It has been more than 4 hours since he waited for her. At some point, he wanted to give up and proceed with his flight but he told himself that he could wait for her a little bit more.

He has been admiring the girl for so long so why can't he waits her only for few hours? When he saw the girl, he quickly clicked the enter button on the screen of his phone. It has to end up well or else he will be regretting for the rest of his life for sending the text.

"Donghyun," She softly called out for the boy. Donghyun smiled. Dang, don't smile at me like that. I'm hella nervous at the moment, "Is this true?" She showed the letter she has been holding onto along all the way here. The letter probably didn't look like one anymore.

"What are you doing here?" Donghyun asked when obviously he knows the reason why the girl is here, it's because of him. Donghyun and his stupid letter. He thought he would never do that but he did anyway. He never write a letter for anyone but he did it for Aeri. He sure looks like a crazy guy at the moment. He's doing all such things because of the girl. When he passed the letter Jihoon, he didn't really feel anything but when he saw Aeri took the letter, he knows he did a bad decision for giving her the letter when he could just confront her and tell everything.

But serious talk, did Donghyun even have any guts to tell her the truth? Maybe no. By seeing the girl's face, he already lost his mind.

"Uh," She stuttered. Should Aeri just tell him that she's here to stop him from going? Um. No. That will be too embarrassing for her. Telling a guy to not leaving just because you have a crush on him? Wow, that's so not Aeri. Seriously.

"I want to tell you something," Donghyun words being cut off when suddenly Aeri started to ramble things.

"Can you just not go?" She asked, paused a little bit to find for a right word. It's actually hard to say something right now without mentioning that she has a crush on the guy, "I mean I just know you. And it hasn't been a long time since that. I wish to know you better. But you're leaving. Then how am I supposed to do that?"

"Uh?" Donghyun frowned when he couldn't understand anything that coming out from the girl.

"I mean just don't leave," She gave up. She could never explain it to Donghyun, "I think I like you," She muttered, under her breath, thought that the boy couldn't hear what she said but obviously he could hear it.

Donghyun pretends like he didn't hear it and said, "But Aeri," She cuts his words again. When will Donghyun ever could finish his sentence?

"Okay," She paused and took a deep breath, "I don't know how it started. I mean it has only been few days since I meet you but why do I keep thinking about you? Trust me, I never thought about someone as much as I think about you. You keep appearing in my dreams even I don't ask for it. And I was always hoping that I could bump into you or something cause I am hella shy to go and say hi to you cause damn where the hell I should get the courage to be infront of you and said, 'Hi, Donghyun. How are you today?' I might look silly if I ever did that. I don't even know why I act like this when I barely know you." She exhaled when done saying her confession.

"Do you wanna say that you like me Aeri?" Donghyun giggled seeing how clumsy the girl could be and she's trying so hard to not tell her feelings to him. Well, I know it's hard... After having a crush on the girl for few years and still didn't have any courage to approach the girl. That would be the most coward thing he ever done in his entire life.

Aeri quickly shook her head and stay with her poker face.

"Can I just tell you something? You keep cutting my words so I couldn't finish it," Aeri lightly nodded, "Actually, I have cancelled my flight."

Aeri's eyes widened, "You cancelled your flight? But why?"

"I thought you want me to cancel my flight?" Donghyun frowned his eyebrows. What the hell is wrong with this girl?

"No, yes I do. I mean no," She has no idea what she wants to say at the moment, "But oh my God I've been rambling things for nothing?" She just realized that she just make a history today where she confessed to a guy to stop him from going. God, this is so embarrassing

"So, Aeri," He stopped and take a step closer to the girl. Aeri's heart almost burst because it beats to fast everytime Donghyun take a step closer to her. Oh heart, just stay calm for God sake. Donghyun looked at the girl with a really beautiful smile; everyone going to fall for that smile, no jokes, angel is real and that's Kim Donghyun. "Will you be my girlfriend?" 

Aeri quick reaction would be she's taking a step away from Donghyun. This ain't happening right? Donghyun asked me to be his girlfriend? What a news! Her eyes blink for few times and wandered around to avoid the stare given by the cute boy infront of her, "But why should I?"

He leaned his mouth to her ears and whispered, "Do you think I can't hear when you say that you like me?" Aeri gulped, Donghyun, you lil snake.

"When---," She stuttered, "When did I said that?" She still want to deny it till the very end.

"But still," He smiled, can't contain his happiness to see the girl's nervous face, "Be my girlfriend."

"Uh," She lost words, " If---," She bites her lips, "If you're insist then okay." That would be the worst response she ever give to someone who asked her to be their girlfriend.

"Then, that's mean it's our Day-1," Donghyun said and grabbed the girl's hand.

Aeri slowly nodded, "Yeah, it's Day-1."