THREE

Last Wish
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

"So i'm curious now. Who is he?"

 

Jae just rolled his eyes at Dowoon. He really didn't feel like talking about it after all the commotion that had just happened, nonetheless talk about him when he was literally sitting a few tables away. But he knew he'd have to tell Dowoon the story anyway because there was no way he'd let him get away without speaking up about it. It was either tell him or get pestered about it for the rest of his life. 

 

"Aren't we suppose to be working on our plan?" Jae brought up trying to get out of telling the story for at least now.

 

Dowoon looked to Jae with his puppy dog eyes, "We can still work on that, but please, I wanna know who he is." 

 

That look, Jae hated when Dowoon gave him that look. It wasn't because it got to him or anything, but it meant Dowoon genuinely cared about something in his life whether it be as simple as something Jae didn't feel like repeating, or who Jae just talked on the phone with, when those things aren't relatively important. 

 

"Fine." Jae began, "He's someone I use to know and we met 2 years ago."

 

As Jae began to tell the story he glanced over at Wonpil a few times, he truly didn't know how to feel after what happened and how long its been since then. Jae met Wonpil two years ago during the summer. The reason Dowoon didn't know who he was, was because that year Dowoon and his family went overseas the whole summer. They kept in contact, Jae just didn't feel the need to tell Dowoon about his love life. Despite being best friends some things they just didn't talk about that often. 

 

Jae met Wonpil going on a trip to the beach by himself. It sounds lame but Jae really wanted to take a day to go busking down by the beach. He had a lot of fun hanging out with people who stopped to listen, and at one point Wonpil was one of the people to stopped to watch. Of course Jae didn't see him and expect anything of it, he was like any other bystander watching him, except he did notice Wonpil watched him play for a long time. He watched all the way until Jae was done.  As expected like everyone else once he had finished busking Wonpil left.

 

Jae took his time to put his stuff away and right as he finished getting ready to leave he noticed Wonpil was coming back. He thought it was a coincidence at first and he started to walk away, but Wonpil suddenly called out to him. When they met face to face Wonpil introduced himself to him and praised his music. He told Jae out of all the people he's seen performing out here, Jae was his favorite. Jae had never gotten that kind of compliment before so he was flustered. He also came back to give Jae a drink because he felt he'd probably be really thirsty. Basically from that point on they really hit it off and became good friends. Within just a few weeks they both began to have feelings for each other and soon confessed to those feelings and started dating. 

 

The relationship went strong for a good while and Jae fell deep for him. They both really loved each other. When Dowoon got back from vacation Jae was going introduce Wonpil to him, but Wonpil began becoming super busy and meetings never worked out. They continued to date for a little while longer when one day Wonpil just disappeared without a trace. 

 

No messages, no notes, nothing was left behind for Jae. He didn't understand why Wonpil would just leave without a warning. He was heartbroken, and after a while he began to hate Wonpil for what pain he caused him. Its been so long he practically almost forgot about Wonpil, and seeing him now he was just shocked, and really didn't want to involve himself with him again. 

 

Jae finished the story with a sigh and laid his head down on the table. It almost felt good to talk about it, letting out those kept in feelings. Dowoon roughly knows about the story as Jae had mentioned a few things here and there to Dowoon in the past, but now he knew the whole story. Jae just never mentioned his name either. 

 

Dowoon was completely taken aback, and connected the puzzle pieces as he remembered that Jae was dating some guy and out of nowhere Jae seemed really depressed one day. 

 

Dowoon being himself stood up from his seat and yelled, "He's the one who did that to you!" 

 

Jae frantically looked to Dowoon and quickly shushed him, "Shut up!" he waved him to sit down. 

 

Dowoon covered his mouth surprised at his own reaction, "Sorry, something just came over me."

 

Jae sighed, then took a quick glance over in Wonpil's direction making sure he didn't see or hear them. Thankfully not only was he facing the opposite direction from their table towards the front entrance, but he  was also working on his laptop with earphones in so he most likely didn't hear Dowoon's loud remark. 

 

Jae insisted they both leave, but Dowoon said they didn't come all the way out here just to ditch this place, but in reality he just had no idea where they'd go if they left. It was mostly businesses around and the town honestly intimidated Dowoon a bit. But after a few minutes of thinking he realized how selfish he sounded and maybe it was better they just leave for Jae's sake. 

 

Dowoon nodded, "Okay, we can go. But you know we're gunna have to walk past him." 

 

"I know, but i'm sure he wont notice."

 

They got up from their seats and started to leave. Jae planned on getting out of there really quickly but Dowoon on the other hand felt the need to go back up to the front counter and leave a tip as well as conversate with the cashier. Was he dumb, Jae tho

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter