The Typical Pretend Game

A "Heated" Encounter

Jooheon was just ending a phone call when Changkyun saw him, only catching a few slip of words from the older alpha. “Yeah… I know… You’ll meet my mate soon… bye.” Changkyun felt a sting to his chest when he heard Jooheon mention the words ‘mate’ and ‘meet.’ He admits that Jooheon is an attractive alpha that caught his interest since the day he saved him especially more so after spending time with him and his friends. Jooheon will make an excellent mate, a partner for life, and whoever his mate is will get pamper with unconditional love. The omega was planning to turn around and not greet Jooheon but it was too late to do so.

 

“Changkyun!”

 

The alpha was approaching him and he did not know how to react now that he knew Jooheon has a mate. “H-hey hyung…”stutter Changkyun as he tried to find a way to avoid Jooheon for the time being.

 

Jooheon eyed him weirdly, “You okay? You look kinda pale? Don’t overwork yourself.” Noting how Jooheon was worrying about his health made Changkyun rethink just how kind and thoughtful Jooheon really is and has been to him since they started to hang out. He should just face reality head on and not avoid the alpha just because he figured out the alpha has a mate. They can still be friends? Right?

 

“I’m fine hyung. I guess I’m just a little tired from the loads of homework the professors gives us.” Silence followed shortly afterwards when Changkyun reassured Jooheon that he was doing well. But this time, it was the omega that noticed that the alpha was fidgeting as if he wanted to ask something. “Is everything alright with you hyung? You seem kinda nervous.”

 

Jooheon was palming the back of neck as he answered Changkyun, “Yeah… well can I ask you to do a favor for me?”

 

The younger male was puzzled as to what the elder wanted but agreed to nevertheless, “Sure. What is it?”

 

“Well you see my family is very traditional. Like old school and strict but still nice people. The thing is that they kept pestering me to get a mate already and…”

 

‘Just great’ thought Changkyun thinking that Jooheon was most likely going to ask him to meet his mate or ask advice on how to ask his mate to meet with his parents. What he heard instead come out from the alpha’s mouth was the last thing he expected of all.

 

“... Can you just pretend to be my mate and meet with them?”

 

“Su…WAIT WHAT?!”

 

“I know it sounds crazy but they are the kind of people that think an alpha should have an omega as their mate. And you’re the only one I can trust. Kikyun hyung is with Hyunwoo hyung and I can’t possible ask Hyungwon to pretend to be my omega since Hoseok hyung is obviously trying to get him as his mate.”

 

“But… don’t you have a mate already?”

 

Jooheon found it confusing to how and why Changkyun thought he already had a mate when he clearly never mentioned having any one of importance. He was the type of alpha that would be prideful and brag to anyone about his wonderful mate nonstop.

 

“No I don’t. You would have heard about them if that was the case. Why do you think I even have one in the first place?”

 

“Ahh… well since you are so popular in campus despite trying to hide as a beta… I thought you would have one but was trying to protect them… from the jealousy of others?” Changkyun did not want Jooheon to think that he overheard his prior conversation with whom his assumed to be Jooheon’s parents so he came up with a last minute excuse.

 

“Oh. I guess that is one way to look at it but no. I don’t have one which is why I’m asking you for this favor. So do you mind? Pretending to be my future mate and meet my parents?”

 

Knowing now that the alpha was still unmated to someone else lighten Changkyun’s mood. “Sure hyung. I don’t mind meeting them.”

 

A week later was the day Changkyun got to meet Jooheon’s parents. The first impression Changkyun got of them was friendly and approachable parents but that all changed once the topic of “mate” started. Jooheon’s father, the alpha of the house, became completely strict with a serious face clearly stating the discussion was no joking matter. In truth of it all, he was quite intimidating. Being an omega just made Changkyun fear the alpha all the more.

 

Jooheon's father started off first, "Jooheon I'm glad that you finally introduced us to your mate but you know the traditions of this house. An alpha should mate with an omega..."

 

The omega in question had a feeling that the much older alpha was confusing his second gender status of being an omega. This irritated Changkyun quite a bit since he was not much of the stereotypical omega society has depicted of them: weak, submissive, pretty and small. Now he was nowhere near weak or submissive to anyone. He will put up a fight if he needs to even against alphas though by nature eventually he will end up submitting. But he's definitely not small! Heck he's almost the same height as Jooheon just a few inches shorter. What he does tend to lack is muscles. His lower half is tone just fine, but the upper half needs more work on. Changkyun thought it was time to intervene while giving a short mental apology in advance to Jooheon 'Sorry hyung there's no way they're gonna accept me even if it is fake...'

 

"With all due respect sir, what does it matter if I'm an alpha, a beta, or an omega? My status should not matter at all. If you want grandchildren to continue the family line then any status is sufficient. You should consider what your son wants instead." After Changkyun was done with his rant, he was going to excuse himself from Jooheon for embarrassing him and leave the house.

 

Just as he was going to get up from his seat, laughter disrupted the silence and the phrase "approved" was slightly heard shortly afterwards. All eyes turned to the laughing person as they calmed down. It turned out to be Jooheon's mother, an omega, that instantly knew Changkyun was an omega as well. "You sure got yourself a feisty mate Jooheon. Your dad was just testing you guys to see how you will react. If you truly cared then you will fight against the traditional customs. In reality, Jooheon we don't care if you get an omega, beta or alpha as your mate. We just want you to be happy but from the looks of if it, it seems that your dad confused your mate as being an alpha instead of an omega."

 

Jooheon's mother was having the time of her life as she found it amusing when her husband's expression changed from expressionless into shock. The alpha questioned her wife and Changkyun, "He's an omega?!... You're an omega?" Both simultaneously nodded their heads as an indication of "Yes." Gradually the shock faded away and the alpha started to express his thoughts, "Your grandpa was the one more on the traditional side but I got lucky that with the women I fell in love with happened to be an omega. A feisty one just like yours. Your mom made me more open minded towards your potential mate so I really would not had mind with whom you mated."

 

Small talk went smoothly after the discussion on mates. The parents ask simple questions to Changkyun such as his age, family and interests along with insisting he attend dinner with them. "Well then Imma head off quickly to the store and get some things the twins wanted. You guys want anything?"

 

The two alphas and omega all shook their heads as an indication of "no" and the omega mother excused herself. Changkyun then began to wonder as he recall the older omega mentioning twins. "Twins? You have siblings?"

 

"Yeah. Twin little sisters. They are eight years old right now."

 

"Oh... I'm not good with kids actually…"


I'm truly really sorry for the long delay and not updating!! I decided to at least update a short chapter for you guys. English is my worst subject so excuse my crappy writing skills. In all honesty I don't know in which direction this story is going so if you guys have any ideas to contribute please do tell me!