Encounter

A "Heated" Encounter

A quick note the horizontal line breaks off the different scenes that happened during the story.


At first people do not think Lee Jooheon is an alpha since he does not act like the typical alpha. Alphas tend to show their dominance, their superiority over others, especially towards omegas. They are on the top of the pyramid, imposing themselves on everyone below them. Sure Jooheon is tall, handsome, and has admirable strength like any alpha yet he masks himself. Everyone thinks, or believes that Jooheon is a beta since he keeps hidden his alpha status and tends to act cutely showing off his unlimited aegyo. For the young alpha, letting everyone know he was an alpha was a nuisance. People will be after him as a potential mate while being a beta, a common status, made him less desirable. But despite that he was still popular with the women and men. Jooheon attracts all attention towards himself with his explosive charisma especially when he displays his rapping skills in public.

 

Then there is Lim Changkyun, an omega that people assumed was an alpha by the way he appeals himself. For others, Changkyun comes off as a cold-hearted individual having a perfect poker face that shows none of his emotions. But the truth of it all is that the young omega is just shy around new people and has trouble expressing his feelings. Once he is comfortable around his surrounds he opens up, yet so far the only one he is close to is his friend Chae Hyungwon, an omega as well. Because people keep thinking Changkyun is an alpha, others assume that he and Hyungwon are future mates. For Changkyun it is a good thing since he does not have to deal with a lot people asking him to be mates only the really stubborn ones are left to deal with. The omega makes sure to take his suppressants on time to control his heat and keep his scent masked to a minimum. He knows how dangerous it is for an omega to be wondering outside when they are in heat especially around alphas since the alphas tend to lose control that can possibly lead to . Changkyun always made sure to take his medication when his heat was nearing; however, one day he was careless and that was the day Lim Changkyun an omega with "alpha" status meets Lee Jooheon an alpha with "beta" status.


Jooheon had just finished his last lecture for the day and was heading to a café on campus to meet up with some of his friends when he heard a stampede of footsteps nearing him. For the alpha, it sounded as if the group of footsteps were chasing something with all their might and right he was as a sweet aroma reached his sensitive nose. As Jooheon was going to turn the corner, a foreign object bumped into him. To be more specific, a human male… omega? The young alpha pinpoint that indeed the sweet aroma was coming from the boy which indicated that he was an omega since their status are the only ones that produce sweet pheromones when they approach their heat. 'Pre-heat?' thought Jooheon as he heard more people approaching them. The alpha noticed right away the problem as other alphas were after the poor omega.

 

Thinking quickly Jooheon took off his denim jacket and draped it on top of the slightly shorter omega. With the grey hood of the jacket covering the other male's face and his scent getting concealed by Jooheon's, the alpha embraced the omega as he saw the other people turning the corner. "Honey~ I found you~" sing-song Jooheon so the other alphas could hear and be wary. Jooheon then leaned down to whisper in the omega's ear, "Just play along so they leave." Getting the memo, the omega returned the embrace and buried his face on the alpha's chest keeping his face hidden. All the pursuers saw the two people hugging each other and did not spear them another thought as they ran off to find the sweet aroma of the omega.

 

Once the group of alphas was out of range and making sure they were not turning back, Jooheon finally released the omega from his protection. "Coast is clear. They are gone now." The omega noticed that indeed they were the only ones left and quickly released his hold on the other. Jooheon was finally able to see the other's face as the omega lifted his head to look up at him. "Thanks," quietly mumbled the omega as his cheeks became rosy red from embarrassment as the alpha kept staring down at him.

 

The alpha had to admit that the stranger was gorgeously handsome. "You’re welcome, but you should be careful as well. Pre-heat still can affect others especially idiotic, alphas like those" Jooheon pointed in the direction the pack of people ran off too.

 

The omega found the alpha's comment amusing since the guy was criticizing alphas when he himself was also an alpha, but yet again he did not react like the others chasing him. The omega's deep voice was memorizing for Jooheon as he responded back. "I know. I usually keep track of my heats and take my medication on time but it just slipped pass my mind this time. Sorry about that."

 

Jooheon still wanted to spend some more time with the omega when his phone started to blast off with notifications from incoming messages which eventually turn into a phone call. Upon seeing who the caller id belonged to made Jooheon swear. "." Jooheon then face the other male as he started to pace backwards. "Hey. Sorry I have to go. Maybe I'll see you around some time." With that Jooheon took off on a sprint to head off to where his friends were meeting up. The omega did nothing but glance back at the disappearing back of the alpha that saved him.


The next time the two meet again was at the food courts of their shared campus. Jooheon was having lunch with his friends, two alphas one beta and one omega, when he heard one of the alphas sigh loudly.

 

"What's wrong Hoseok hyung? You have been sighing a lot today." Questioned Jooheon since the older alpha was one that hardly got troubled.

 

"It's just that I found the perfect omega," everyone got excited at the prospect that Hoseok finally found a mate but it was short lived, "…but it looks like he already has an alpha." Feeling sad and sympathy for their friend, the omega and beta tried to cheer up the alpha when said alpha pointed at a certain direction while whispering, "There he is!"

 

The group of friends immediately turned towards the direction their friend pointed at and saw two guys chatting while walking. One was tall with long slim legs and gorgeous features. A pretty boy. While the other male was shorter in height but still had slim tone legs. Both were attractive without a doubt until Jooheon recognized one of them and started to call for their attention. With his booming voice everyone in the food court was able to clearly hear him exclaim, "HONEY~ I FOUND YOU! ~"

 

In an instant everyone turned to look at Jooheon's table to figure out who he was calling. His friends were all confused as to why he shouted that phrase but noticed that one of the males, they were looking at, were facing them as well and started to blush a deep shade of red. Said male then said something to his companion and started to walk towards Jooheon. Before they were able to reach the table, Jooheon briefly explain the situation to them. "Hoseok hyung you have nothing to worry about. The other guy is an omega as well, not an alpha, so try to court the other one."

 

Hoseok was going to question the alpha as to how he knew that information when a deep voice spoke up and interrupted him. "Did you really have to say that out loud? People are all staring." Jooheon was about to respond back when the other omega, accompanying the omega he saved, excitedly announce, "Ohh! Are you the alpha that helped Changkyunnie when he was in pre-heat and forgot to take his medicine?!"

 

"Hyung!"

 

"What?! I was just curious since you kept wearing the sweater throughout your heat. It must have made you feel safe since it had an alpha scent on it…" dwelled the omega while Changkyunnie, as the other omega stated, started to blush even more furiously as the tip of his ears started to turn red. Jooheon found the claims amusing and decided to interrupt, "That's right I helped him that day. But I didn’t think that we will meet so soon again. Like they say it's a small world after all."

 

Jooheon solely focused on the omega he saved as he questioned him, "So people think you’re an alpha instead?"

 

"Yeah… I let people believe what they want."

 

"Since he hardly shows any emotion that makes him looks more mature and a sense of confidence that makes him appeal as an alpha. He doesn’t act like the typical omega society has depicted us." At this point, the taller omega was fondly hugging the shorter omega while rubbing their checks together. "By the way, I'm Hyungwon a 3rd year transfer and this is Changkyun a 1st year."

 

Jooheon was grateful towards Hyungwon since he finally knew the name of the other omega. "Lee Jooheon. 3rd year as well. Nice to meet you. And this is…" Before Jooheon could even finish his sentence to introduce his group of friends, one of them got excited about a realization.

 

"Ahh! Aren't you the model for my art class?!" exclaimed the beta towards Hyungwon. The beta sensed that Jooheon was staring at him, probably not appreciating the interruption he made earlier, and quickly started to introduce everyone else, "I'm Minhyuk. The one next to me is Hoseok hyung, then Kikyun hyung and lastly Hyunwoo hyung."

 

"Yeah. I have a part time job as a model while I finish my degree so at times I'm quite busy. But…" Hyungwon then started to stare at Changkyun, “This guy would forget to eat if I don’t keep an eye on him. As a matter of fact, we were burly getting something to eat.”

 

“Eh, you shouldn’t do that! You’ll ruin your health.” Jooheon was not surprised at all when the omega, Kikyun, started to in. There was a reason why he was referred to as the ‘mother hen’ of the group. “Why don’t you guys join us then? Hoseok hyung will go with you while I feed Changkyun something.”

 

Thanks to the suggestion made from that day, the two new omegas joined the small pack of friends and got acquainted with one another quite well. It was noted that indeed Changkyun did not act like the typical omega nor did he act like a mankae. Rarely at times does Changkyun's action remind everyone that in reality he is indeed the youngest among them. Jooheon found the omega adorable and a great companion to have around.


Changkyun was burly exiting the building to his last discussion of the day, which was a tiring and exhaust day for him in general. Jooheon was just ending a phone call when Changkyun saw him, only catching a few slip of words from the older alpha.

 

"Yeah... I know... You'll meet my mate soon... bye."