Chapter 3: A Life for a Rose

His Beauty and My Beast

I turned around slowly as if i had another trial to finish. There was a huge gold and blue castle and rose vines were twisted all through out of it. There were huge statues and They were gargoyles. They gave you a feeling that they were watching you. I looked straight ahead and there was maze of leaves and bushes all carved into special designs i've never seen. Me and my horse walked slowly. I felt no danger, what kind of beast could live here.It was so quiet all you heard was grasshoppers. We walked a little further and saw some deep red roses. They were beautiful. I wanted to touch one but last time one was touched it caused problems. I turned around to look behind me for the first time and my horse was gone. I got a little nervous, the horse normally never leaves the side of its owner. Moving closer and closer i got to the bottom of this white marbled stairs and saw a rip of fabric on the bottom. I slowly picked it up and it was my father's. I got more worried and started running super fast to the entrance of the castle. I got close to the door and paused. I  was gold florals on the doors. I knocked with hesitant, and the door opened slowly and i backed up waiting for the door to reveal a beast and it did not. Just a quiet castle, and a light glowing from the right of the inside. I walked inside and slowly as i walked further in the door  closed. There was many gargoyles in the inside to. It was quiet, a little too quiet. I heard whispering. and quickly twisted my head in the direction and saw nothing.

"Hello?" I heard more whispering. 

I walked to the light which appeared to be a fire place and a resting room. I felt my body getting warmer, i just migrated to the fire as close as i could without burning myself and took off my sweater. I threw it behind me. As i blew my hands and rubbed them together rapidly, I stopped to noticed that i never heard my jacket hit the floor. I turned slowly and my coat was on a coat rack that was feet away from me. Either i have a great arm, or im pretty much insane. I went to reach for my coat, but then i pulled back due to a shiny shadow against the floor that was moving. I fastly walked back into the front room, but no one was there.

"Hello?, sorry for the intrusion, but im looking for my father." I hear jittering and whispering.

I grew a little aggravated, is someone watching me and not at all trying to help me?

"If you could please just lend a paw?............or not." I pouted, but that didnt stop me from wanting to search.

My horse wouldnt bring me here for nothing. I walked backawards and turned observing as much of this place as possible. I hope the rules for this place isnt as ancient as it. As i moved closer to the left side of the entrance i heard the talking get louder and louder. I spun around to a bunch of table decorations. A candle light , it's designs and hand work was most beautiful. A clock that was very old fashioned but none of the less still beautiful. I picked up the candle stick and was going to start walking it throughout the castle that was so dark, but realized he needed light first. I walked to the room as if I lived there and just as I was about to tip the head in the fire,

"Oi, mon ami!, no need for that, i have a little magic of my own." He blew fire to the tip of his face and arms.

"AHHH!" i dropped him and he rolled but gathered his step and hopped around. "Your a....a.....a,"

"Candle Stick , and a handsome one at that." He spoke so flirtatious.

"Now you listen here you pompous windbag!" the clock strolled in with his hands up.

"Excuse me !" i exclaimed.

"Oh come cogsworth, its a girl." The candle stick speaks once again.

How do i pretend this is not all awkward for me?

"You can talk?" was the only thing that slipped out from my lips.

"Of course we can talk." The rude little Clock said.

"Ignore that old flapjack, i am Lumiere, Mademoiselle." He held out a arm and lowered his fire.

I hesitated to reach for him but then i did and he was delicate with me. The clock still hesitant gave me a nod.

"This old soul is Cogsworth." Lumiere smiles as he introduces.

"I have you know, i am the reason this place keeps some kind of order, with the masters' temper, its harder to keep order." He covers his mouth after as if he spoke of taboo.

"Master?" I looked around and saw or heard no one.

My mind snapped back to my actual focus. 

"My father,......do you know where he is? please." They looked to eachother and Cogsworth looked a little anxious.

"Oohh, the girl has to see her father, right this way." He hops off behind the staircase to the right where there was door that did not fit in with the theme of the castle.

I opened it when he looked up and gave me a stare. There were stairs that curved up along the wall and torches every so 10 stairs. 

"PaPa?!" I heard my echo and it went far.

"Jane?!" i heard the voice of my father. 

I rushed up the stairs that seemed they would never end and the candle stick and clock seemed to not keep up but i had to see my father. He continued to called my nme and i felt and heard that i got closer and closer and right before i got to the top, i paused from a couple of stairs missing that would send me falling down a dark whole. I looked ahead and took a leap and landed roughly on the other end.

"Wait!" The clock yelled.

"Oui! Oui!, slow down!" As i reached the top i stopped and noticed it was dark up here too.

"PaPa....." i whispered looking to see what cell his voice was actually coming from.

"Jane!" He yelled for me to hear clearly.

I grabbed a torch behind me and ran to my father. One glance and he looked like anyone could have mistaked him for a beggar. He coughed and crawled to join hands with me. What happen?

"Jane.....oh its so good to see you." I felt a tear crumble up my eye but never shed, i was so happy to just see him.

"PaPa, how did you get here, we have to get you out of here." As i said that he paused.

"We?, who is we?" He asked. 

I looked behind me to see the Candle stick and clock gone.

"They were.....um.....well nevermind." I yanked at cell door that was tightly locked and seemed impossible to open.

"Jane, just go and get help, ill hold him off." My face changed to a curious face.

"Him? Him who?" Just as my dad grabbed my shoulders to speak, i heard a growl.

I looked behinded me and there was nothing but darkness. I faced my back to my father and started to listen.

"Who's there?" No one spoke. " Why do you have my father?"

"Your father is a thief." I heard a deep unhumanly voice. 

"A Thief? he would never do such a thing." I spoke looking around.

"But he did!, and for that he must pay!" The voice got angry." I gave him comfort and warm fire, i gave him jewels and food. What more do you greedy humans need?"

"PaPa?, is this true?" I questioned my father.

"The rose jane, i wanted to give you the rose you always ask for, if i had known this big brute would have gotten angry and was so sensitive on the matter i wouldnt have taken it."

I looked back at the dark shadow as he started to take shape. He towered over me at least 10 feet. Hunched over and oddly shaped.

"Why should he pay for something that wasnt his fault?" The creature chuckled in a demented way.

"Do you want the position instead?" He asked.

"No Jane, i forbid it."

"Yes......well if i do, will you let him go?" A ring of hope in my voice.

"If you take his place, you never leave, you shall stay here forever and ever, never to see him again." I was curious of how this....creature looked.

"Come in to the light." I said to him.

"I am not so appeasing to the eye." He grunted.

"I have to see my imprisoner." 

He slid out with paws as big as my hand. When he fully emerged he had snared look. Face and mane of a lion, horns of a buffalo, body of a bear, and tail and feet of a wolf. I covered my mouth and turned around. A tear dropped and i knew that i had to make a big decision. 

"Deal."

"You would take his place?" He spoke in shock.

"if it means his freedom, yes." He walked slowly to the cell and opened.

"You are a fool, you have 2 minutes to say your good byes." He walked away to the side.

"Jane no!, i wont let you do this." I hugged my father and tightly.

"PaPa, someone has to pay, you came here on my account, i apologize and i love you, and my brothers and sisters." He held on to my arms and didnt want to let go.

"Jane, ive worked to hard and made a promise to your mother that i will not let anything happen to you."

"PaPa go now!" I shoved him out of the cell and he fell to the grown right below the beast feet. 

The beast looked up to me as if he have neevr seen a girl before. He picked my father up and carried him out. I bursted into tears as i heard my father's voice pull away from sight. Life already seemed miserable, i wonder how forever will feel.