Chapter 1: In the Beginning

His Beauty and My Beast

*Town Bell Rings*

"uuuhhh, papa!" I jumped off my bed and stomped my self down the stairs in search for my father , for his cart was still outside, meaning he was not gone to settle a debt with the landlords.

My Sister walked up the stairs and stared at me rather odd and and shoved me out the way. No she is right, i dont want to have her ruining those precious curls that she brags about all the time that mother blessed her with. Give me a break. I have 2 brothers and 5 sisters.....talk about full house. My mother passed away giving birth to me and all is left to take care of me and my siblings was my father. Even though i am the youngest, my dad says im the smartest. I walked passed my brothers who were at the table playing with marbles and a knife...i dont even wanna know.

"Papa!!" i yell one more time before busting through his bedroom door.

There he was sleeping, and exhausted, he didnt even change clothes from yesterday. My dad is doing his best for this expensive family. My brothers just care about girls and riches, and my sisters care about all the pretty dresses and jewels that can fit on their bodies. Me...well im the runt..odd ball, i just wanna read. I grabbed a hair tie and tied my hair up and walked out the door awaiting the difficult day that was waiting for me.

 

 

???

 

The nights and day get lonely here. Ever since that day. It is quiet as the sun shines in the morning, no one talks, well not around me I guess. I galloped quickly down my room stairs and i attempted to let the outside world see my face in days. I didnt plan on living a sorrowful life forever. I had everything and i messed it all up with one choice that ended my extravagant ways. The sun shines a little bit more brighter today, it must is getting use to seeing this face. My castle grows more lonely, my servants inside grow to fear me a little more everyday. I think the sun is my only friend and barely that. I wish i can go back to that day and know the right things to say. Forgive me Elizabeth, if i had the chance to see you again i would never let you go. I will accept the miserable curse i am given, in hope for your forgiveness.

 

 

 

The Town is always so curious about eachother. Everyone knows everyone and their business, even my family. They know our mom died and we are bankrupted. I like to walk alone and be alone, left with my only love of my life, the books. I was defintely suppose to finsih reading this book before turning it in, well i guess i got a busy journey to the library. The town people always made me seem like i was some kind of monster, they looked scared of me. I feel completely normal and to myself. My walk couldnt have been more fun without the people whispering such strange things. None of the women in this place read. I, the only girl i know for sure, will pick up a book and read it end to end and have no problem. I try to teach the kids from time to time before their parents drag them away and speak of me doing witchery. Yeah totally, i want to curse your daughters and sons to read. By the time i made it to the library, i was a sentence behind than what i wanted to be done.

"Good Morning!"

"Hello Jane, how is my favorite costumer?" I skipped over to the desk.

"A fine morning indeed as always, just here to return the book i borrowed." He had a relax smile as if he already made his decisions about something. 

After he took it, he guestered his hand to the rest of the library. I had pretty much already knew all the stories in this library, but i would have to read my absolute favorite again. Ever After More, the most romantic story ever told. I walked with cofidence to the desk and handed it with a smile.

"You have read this book alot Jane, why is it so intriguing?" I sighed.

"Theres so much there to accept, from the arrogant prince, a young beautiful princess to be and hidden castle behind the forest." He laughs.

He takes out the back compartment to stick your card in. "Here, its all yours, know need to say anymore."

I dont know if i was more excited to keep my favorite book, or that i have a new book to teach the kids.

"Thank you so much!" He waved good bye as i pushed myself through the door.

Nothing changed when i stepped out it was still busy and people pushing their way too. I was only concerned to go home. I had to talk to my father on a matter his own sons should know. The sun was shinning beautiful today. It must have picked up my excitement for my book. I made it home in no time with my nose stuck in the book. My dad cart has still not left and i loudly went to my fathers room.

"Papa...." He grabs my shoulders and starts to shake me.

"Jane, we are back in business, i was confused, he didnt seem to go no more.

"What makes you say that? He pulled out a piece of paper.

He explained how the landlord speaks of a fortune we have to inheirt. My sisters Immediately started listing things they wanted him to get. Brothers were no different following behind. My dad seems to be excited to collect all the things they want..

"And, for you Jane?" 

"Dad all i want is beautiful rose." He smiled as if i made the smartest decision of all.

"than you shall have it my love." He grabs my shoulders and kisses my head.

My siblings all kiss and hug my old hopeful father away as he left to accomplish all that we want. I guess all there's left to do is wait.

"See you all soon."

"See you soon, papa." I felt as if that was his departure for a while and i dont mean a day or two.