03.

10 Years called Eternity

Another glass of vodka went down his throat. This time, it didn’t burn.

He was sh*t for a long while, that was true, but meeting her again was like bringing back the sadness that had never left him, just hid itself inside.

“Ah!” he shouted, throwing the object on the wall, breaking it in a thousand pieces “Why, Kim Taeyeon, why?” he yelled, resting his head on the desk and, without holding it back, crying loudly.

He heard the door being opened but he didn’t care to see who it was. Probably one of his friends, worried about his behavior.

But, when a familiar moan echoed on the room, he stood up immediately.

“Damn” Taeyeon hissed, her hand bleeding.

Apparently, part of the destroyed glass fell on the wood furniture and, when she touched it, without noticing what was above it, she cut herself.

Jiyong went running on her direction.

“Sh*t” he swore, holding her bruised region gently “I am sorry” he apologized, pulling her towards his couch.

She followed, watching as he searched for a first-aid kit. Once it was found, he sat on the sofa, in front of her.

Cautiously, he washed the wound.

“Thank you” she said, trying to get out of his grip.

But he didn’t let her.

“You will need stitches” Jiyong informed, taking his phone and dialing a few numbers.

“That is not necessary-“ Taeyeon managed to reach it, but he was already talking to someone.

“My doctor will be here in a few minutes. Meanwhile, why don’t you tell me the reason you came?” he asked, clearly curious.

She sighed. She seemed tired. Eye bags were obvious on her angelical face.

“I wanted to apologize about earlier-“ she stopped, noticing something.

A grip on her heart hurt her deeply. She raised her unbruised hand until his face and wiped off a tear. He closed his eyes with her touch. Goose bumps appeared all over his body.

“Because of you, Tae” he whispered, automatically leaning closer to her.

She gulped nervously, but didn’t make anything to divert from that.

And, second by second, she could feel his respiration on . Before she could even think, their lips were glued together.

It began as a long lasting peck, but it turned into a wild and passionate kiss. Their tongues dancing along to the same song, playing with each other, tasting each other.

Knocks on the door interrupted the moment. Taeyeon jumped away, getting her senses on their places. She felt guilty. Jiyong was past. Yes, a past she had forgotten years ago.

“Mr. Go” Jiyong pointed at Taeyeon and the doctor came in.

He bowed at her politely before starting his job.

Jiyong rested himself on the wall, glaring at the woman who owned his heart. How could someone be that beautiful? Her long brown hair had some waves on it, like a wide and mysterious ocean. Her face was different; the same, but prettier. He loved her so much he couldn’t even cover it. Anyone who saw him staring at her could understand what he felt.

On the other hand, Taeyeon was great at pretending.

“So you just want to apologize?” he inquired.

Taeyeon glanced at him and then back to the outsider.

“I also wanted to give you something” she informed, grabbing something out of her pants’ pocket.

It was a necklace, and Jiyong’s face enlightened with the sight of it.

“Is this-“ he took a few steps on her direction and she nodded.

“You forgot it in my house the last day we were together” she reminded, extending it to him “I always wanted to return it to you. You used to wear it all the time” she smiled with the memories.

He did the same, kneeling in front of her and touching the object he liked so much for the first time in ten years.

“I won it as a prize on a race against the boys of the neighborhood. I was so tiny and skinny that they laughed at me once I said I wanted to participate” he laughed, a laugh that for so long he hadn’t heard.

It was pure, sincere and… Happy.

Happiness.

She sighed, biting her lower lip.

“Done” the doctor exclaimed and, after being thanked, he excused himself.

Taeyeon stood up.

“I don’t know how I am going to explain this to Tiffany without being slapped on the cheek” she teased, moving her hand awkwardly.

Jiyong’s blood started to bowl.

“If that woman ever hit you, I swear for the Lord” he growled through greeted teeth.

Taeyeon glared at him and grinned.

“She wouldn’t hurt a flower, Ji. Give it a break” she rolled her eyes playfully, and his soul went peaceful listening to her pronouncing his nickname.

Unable to control himself, he embraced her into his arms. She froze for a moment but, feeling a strangely familiar comfort, she wrapped hers around his waist.

“Never go where I can’t see you again, Kim Taeyeon. Never.”