Heavy Hearts, Chicken Fights, and Something that is more than just Friends

Oh Honey, Please

Hoseok groaned as the morning sunlight his face, waking up from a not-too-bad dream. Hoseok was a morning person, but since the day of the amusement park, a lot of things have been on his mind. 

1. Jimin has a crush on someone, and he wants to know.

2. Yoongi's been acting weirdly and has been talking to Namjoon a lot (more than usual, of course)

3. Namjoon asked him to rap for the EP they have to create by the end of the year, but Hoseok hasn't touched a mic since he was in first-year high school. 

Life is just a right now, and he'd rather sleep through it. 

-

As soon as his crusty eyes opened themselves fully, he spotted Jin crunching on his nails in front the bathroom door, back to Hoseok, pacing as he held his large phone to his ear. Hoseok turned to the side, lest disturb Seokjin. He's done that enough times to understand the prince didn't appreciate his gestures very often. Despite this, curiosity got the best of him, and instead of covering his ears with a pillow (to avoid eavesdropping and possibly learning of things he didn't need to know, e.g. the one time he eavesdropped and heard all about Namjoon's  life with Seokjin) like the good roommate/friend he is, he left them open and let the crust develop on his eyes once more, pretending to be asleep. 

"Yeah, I know Joon." Oh. So he was talking to Namjoon. 

He grunted then slapped his face, making a sound that was a little too familiar for Hoseok's comfort. He then winced, continuing to pretend slumber had overtaken him. "I'm not an idiot. Anyone could clearly see he likes the boy."

. Were they talking about him?

"No Joon, I don't want to help you help Yoongi. Kook likes Taehyung, so forth. I don't want to remotely even try changing that. Their theme park 'date' wa enough."

Yeah. Oh. Right. Wait, Kookie likes Taehyung? Nevermind. 

"Why didn't he ask me?" Hoseok groaned out. Much to his surprise and the older male's, dropping the phone as soon Hoseok murmured the first word. .

"H-Hoseok?" Seokjin managed to stutter out, picking up the phone with Namjoon still on the line. He pressed the button, ending the call, the beep filling the silence in the air. Well since he's already been found out, might as well talk. 

"Why didn't he ask me hyung?" 

"Hobi?"

"Or even mention it to me?"

"Hobi, I don't know why."

He threw a pillow beside Seokjin's face, making the elder freeze and gasp. Hoseok's been told he has a pretty temper. 

"Since when?"

"What?"

"Since when did they start plotting the thing?" 

Seokjin turned his gaze towards the floor, holding his head in case any more fluffy projectiles were thrown his way. "I don't know."

"Who else knows?" 

"I don't know. And I'm sorry."

The older picked up his phone (thankfully in good condition), dusting it off, taking his laptop bag alone. Just as he reached the door, turning the knob, a noise of acknowledgement came from Hoseok, making him stop. Hoseok threw his arm over his face, smiling behind it. 

"I'm sorry for harassing you hyung."

-

"Let's go eat at the new chicken restaurant across the street!" 

"What? No."

"How did you know there was a new restaurant across the street? I didn't see any."

Taehyung rolled his eyes at the comment sipping on his bubble tea as he skipped down the dark streets of the bustling city. They stopped by 7-11 earlier for some instant noodles, but it didn't seem to satisfy him. 

"Oh please, I'm basically a local here." Taehyung scoffed as he slowed down his walking so he could walk beside Jungkook. 

"You've lived here for a few months Taehyung, I have no idea what you're saying, and no, we won't go." Seokjin retaliated as he laced fingers with Namjoon. Taehyung grunted as he grabbed Jungkook's wrists, pulling him up as he walked a far distance away from the other five, walking leisurely. 

He leaned in towards Jungkook, cupping his ear towards the silent boy's mouth. 

"Oh? What's that Jungkookie?" He yelled a little obnoxiously, earning him an eye roll from Namjoon, "You want to go? Then let's go!"

He turned his neck around to shout out another phrase before disappearing completely with his boyfriend, giggles heard from the distance."I'll see you there!"

Here again, is another example of Seokjin saying one thing but doing the other. Jin waved goodbye before turning around to Jimin and Hoseok, Yoongi hanging in the middle uncomfortably. 

"Do you know where that is?"

Jimin sighed into his free-hand (the other holding a matcha bubble tea) shaking his head. "His friend owns a place further down. It's gonna be a to head back to dorms, and it's always packed. He was lying about it being across the street." Hoseok patted his back, letting out a slight laugh and smile (His heart smile, God) at the sight of Jimin's stress with Taehyung, the latter snuggling up to his friend. Yoongi glanced behind him, a face of distaste at the picture. Thankfully, his expression went unnoticed. 

Seokjin gestured over to the side with Namjoon, left-hand pointing towards the long, winding sidewalk. "Lead the way then.

-

"Gummie!" Taehyung yelled as opened his arms, running into his friend running the reservations table at the front. 

The man yelped in surprise as he was engulfed by the hyper male, but he soon eased into the hug. Jungkook smiled as he caught up with Tae, slowing down as he approached the two. 

"Tae?"

He gave his signature boxy smile as he let go and nodded cheerfully. It's been awhile since he's seen him; roughly a few months. He promised to visit his restaurant when he got the chance. 

"I've missed you!" He gave him a hug back, letting go as he saw Jungkook. Giving him a smile, he lowered himself into Taehyung's ear. "Is that the boyfriend you always talk about?" 

Taehyung's cheeks flushed red as he nodded at the comment, Jungkook staring at him with an eyebrow raised. Soon enough, Bogum motioned for Jungkook to come over as well, giving him a strong hug. Jungkook introduced himself before they entered the busy restaurant, luckily finding a large group of friends leaving a comfy booth in the corner. 

"How many of you guys are coming over here?" Bogum asked took out a notepad he handily kept in his apron. "If it's only you two, I can ask some people to move here. It's quite large."

Jungkook smiled awkwardly before waving off the comment politely. "There's seven of us, so it's all good." Bogum nodded happily before pointing to the little disc on the table, telling them to press it when they were ready to order. The pair smiled, and Bogum took off, serving others in delight. 

"How old is Park Bogum-ssi?" Jungkook asked, taking a sip of some water the latter had given earlier. 

"23."

Jungkook almost spit out all the water he had taken in, Taehyung looking unphased. 

"He's so young!"

"And loaded, so he can own a chicken restaurant. He's smart, and it's doing well, so it's all good." Taehyung smiled as he ordered some chicken, somehow communicating to Bogum telepathically as the other boy nodded and smiled from across the room.

"Who's loaded?" Jin interrupted as he took a seat beside Jungkook in the booth, slightly wet. Jungkook winced at the uncomfortable feeling of the cold water touching his bare skin. "Sorry, it started raining on the way here."

Namjoon scoffed as at beside him wiping his glasses down a bit too violently. "I didn't know that we had to take the subway you ." Taehyung shrugged and drank some water as well, engaging in conversation with Seokjin. Namjoon soon joined in, despite his annoyance, talking rather loudly displaying his anger. He was packed over to the glass door of the train, and an old man fondled his , making the lanky boy a little less than happy. 

This also meant that Jimin, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Hoseok sat in silence as the other four smiled happily. Jimin took out his phone and lazily scrolled, occasionally double tapping on some of the pictures. Hoseok soon decided to peer over to the small screen, laughing and smiling in-time with the pink-haired male as he looked at the videos and pictures with him. 

Yoongi scowled at the pair, bitter at their less than obvious attempt to ignore him and possibly Jungkook, taking out his phone as well to give him something to distract him with. The younger male looked at the group with a confused expression before he tried to start a conversation.

"Hey-" 

No answer from anyone. Jungkook sighed in defeat and instead turned to talk with Yoongi. The older male never refused to talk to him, even at the crack of dawn, a time where Yoongi should never be talked to.

"Hi Hyung." He smiled, teeth and all. Yoongi winced but just went on, ignoring the brunette completely. Jungkook just turned towards Taehyung's conversation, poking in as well. The other three were obviously in some sort of feud, and he didn't need to in. 

Yoongi buried his hands in his mint hair, grabbing large tufts of it and tugging in annoyance. This disgusting act of I'm-trying-to-avoid-you-for-some--reason-and-I'm-doing-it-very-unsubtly has been going since this morning.

"Hoseok want to go for coffee?" Yoongi asked as he strolled down the campus halls, walking with Hoseok to his literature class. Hoseok had his phone in his nose the entire time, Yoongi annoyed at his ignorance. 

"Jimin's meeting me already, maybe tomorrow." 

Yoongi looked at his best friend oddly, before he shrugged and continued their trek. 

 Hoseok looked up from the phone and stopped laughing, taking in the view of Yoongi's possibly existential crisis. 

"Are you okay?" He asked, Jimin too stopping to look at the older, snapping from his Instagram trance. 

Yoongi peered above him, voice coming out as a growl. "You must be bullting me right now." 

Hoseok knit his eyebrows together, looking at him quizzically. "What?"

Yoongi shot up from his seat in anger, excusing himself, grabbing Hoseok's wrists with force and pulling him outside. Jimin could only watch with his jaw-dropped, along with the other five as they stopped all actions and followed the two bodies past the glass at the front of the restaurant. 

-

Yoongi only lets go of his wrists once they were in the middle of a nearby alleyway, Hoseok rubbing them, trying to soothe the burn. The elder soon realized what he did, approaching the other male to try and apologize, only to have his outreaching hand slapped away, a hiss directed at him.

"What the Hyung!"

Yoongi jerked back, anger beginning to lace his voice. "I should be the one saying that to you!"

Hoseok tilted his head, burning wrist soon forgotten. "What the hell did I do huh?"

"I don't know," he ruffled his hair, the mint locks flying everywhere, "All that? Why the hell have you been avoiding me since this morning, and with Jimin of all people?"

"I haven't been avoiding you! I don't know, I'm just spending time with my damn best friend, whom you should have no problem with!"

Yoongi let out a laugh, no humor in his tone. "I'm your best friend too Hoseok! I thought we established that years ago! And I don't have a problem with Jimin he's just-"

"What? He's what?"

"He's being a piece of right now!"

The brunette huffed, hands on his hips. "You know what, why don't you just spend time with Jungkook or something instead of doting on whatever the I do because this is my ing life last time I checked?" Hoseok spat back, anger reaching the both of them. 

By now, Yoongi had started to pace back and forth, unaccepting of what was happening now. He should have expected a fight. 

"Is this about what I told you about Jungkook?" Yoongi inched closer to Hoseok, the latter backing away. "I knew I shouldn't have said anything, especially to you."

Hoseok paused, mouth agape, before he approached the older male and harshly struck his index finger against Yoongi's chest. "Oh? Are you calling me weak Min Yoongi? Are you saying that I can't handle something like you liking my brother? Are you ing calling me weak?" 

Yoongi threw his hands up in the air. When did it get to this point? "No Hoseok-"

"Because that's what it seems like to me!" His voice shook, eyes becoming glassy, shine glossing over his deep brown eyes. "I may not be many things, but I am not ing weak Yoongi. I'm just trying to give you time to spend with Jungkook, but you're too ing blind and jealous to see that."

"Hobi-"

"You think I wouldn't find out about you asking Namjoon and Seokjin for help with Jungkook? That's a ing insult to my face you son of a !"

Ouch. 

"Now if you're done talking about my best friend and me, leave me alone. You were happy with Jungkook at the amusement park, so just go do that again or something." Hoseok started walking somewhere else, a direction that was definitely not the restaurant. 

"Hoseok wait!" He called after, trying to grab a hold of the man, efforts futile as he gets shrugged off easily. The brunette whipped his head around and scowled. 

His heavy footsteps were heard in the distance, Yoongi freezing in his place, watching his best friend disappear.