Hey U!

A Beautiful Fool

I can smell the coffee brewed downstairs and beef puffs being reheated. I’ve been eating that puffs since I was a little kid as far I can remember. There’s was a history behind it. That puffs were made by my only oppa, Hongki. He will sell it at my kindergarden every morning and guess what, his customers are all ahjummas. They really liked my oppa because of his look. Not to mentioned, he is good in approaching those ahjumas.

 

After 10 years passed, now he owned a coffee shop and bakery. His business went well and all the profit he saved it for my college fees. He never had time to look for a girlfriend. His priority is to provide me all the things that I needed. He said I can be whoever I can be except for one thing – becoming a singer.

He hates it so much.  He doesn’t want me to become like my unnie. I still clueless about their relationship. As far that I know, unnie left us to pursue her dream as a singer without leaving us a single penny. I ever tried to asked him about the truth but Hongki oppa always try to avoid our conversation.

 

“Yah! Hajima! Don’t mentioned her name in this house? Araa??”  He pointed out to me with his husky voice while doing the dishes.

“But I want to be a singer oppa,” I’m seriously digging my own grave by telling him my dream.

Instead he just ignored me. If last time, we would fight and won’t even talk for several days. Now, it was different.

He put down his apron away and look at me while I was sipping my coffee.

“I am not against you. You can be whoever you want, oppa will support you hundred percent. But becoming a singer?”

I nodded.

“I don’t want you to be like your unnie,” he continued.

“What happened?” I ask him. Who knows, I will be lucky this time he will answer me.

He just smiled and slightly ruffled my hair.

“Don’t you have class later?” he asked me.

Shoot! I panicked. I quickly grabbed my stuffs with my puff still in my mouth.

“Oppa! I’m leaving!” I wave at him.

“Ooo! Be careful!” He waves back.

“Aah right! YAHH! DON’T FORGET TODAY IS YOUR TURN TO DELIVER THE ORDERS!” he yelled.

-----------------

My first class of my final year finished.

I yawned. The class was hella bored.  The lecturer seems not in the mood to teach us today. It is because spring break is almost here. Our mind and soul are somewhere else. We are entering our 5th year of architecture studies. In few months, I will be graduating and only God knows when will I get my first job.

Suddenly someone tickle my armpit.

“YAHHH!” I shouted.

It was Park Chaeyoung. My best friend.

“Yah Park Chaeyoung!” I shouted again.

Her hand gesture asking me to calm down.

“Unnie, chill~” The rest of the girls just laughed at me.

“Chaeyoungie, behave!” Jennie jokingly pointing her finger eye to eye with Chaeyoung.

“So, what’s your plan this spring?” Jisoo asked me.

I shook my head.

“Nothing?Really?” Jisoo clarified.

“I haven’t think yet what ‘s my plan. Maybe I will help my brother at his shop,” I answered her.

Lisa who was scrolling her phone suddenly surprised us with a bang on the table.

“Aishhh kapchaa-“ Jisoo startled.

“What is it?” I asked Lisa.

She showed us the post that was posted on our school website. The three of them went silent and their eyes are on me.

That post bothered me somehow. I still can feel the pain. Our past.

“For real, Lisa?” They argued. 

“Nae.. See, it’s interesting though. We can learn new things on how to arrange the flowers-“ she explained without knowing the truth.

“Lisa, stop it.,” Jennie pinch her.

I smiled at Jennie and gave a -it’s alright- look.

Then I remember that I have to deliver the orders today by 3 pm and now is already 2.30 pm.

“Yah, I gotta go. I have work to do. Please excuse me,”

“Okey, see you tomorrow Hayi!”

 

 

After Hayi left, Lisa turn her body and asked,

“Unnie, what happened just now?”

She looks confused. It is because Lisa was a new transfer student at that time when Hayi and the florist guy incident happened.

“The guest of the show was her ex-boyfriend. She dated him for 2 months only,” Chaeyoung whispered.

Lisa open widely. She was in shock.

“You mean..” Lisa pointed his face on her phone.

“Kim Hanbin? This florist guy?”

They all nodded.

“Plus, at that time he was still active with his LOV3 group. Unfortunately, he cheated on her with his other mate. That is when Hayi knew that Hanbin guy just using her for fun. That’s what Hayi told us,” Chaeyoung explained in details.

“You mean, Sana-shi?” Lisa clarified.

They all nodded.

“And after 3 years debuted, they decided to disband and go on their ways without giving us the solid reason,” Chaeyoung explained.

“Maybe because of Hanbin and Sana’s relationship that’s why the group disband,” said Chaeyoung.

“Maybe. Since then, Park Jimin, the leader, is the only one who is still active until today,” Jennie said.

“I heard Sana-shi is in attending this school too, and she’s majoring in ballerina,” Jisoo said.

“Really? But how come I haven’t seen her?” Jennie asked.

Jisoo said she don’t know.

“So.. let me get this straight. This Kim Hanbin guy were a former member of LOV3 which turns out to be Hayi unnie ex-boyfriend and now work as a florist but also Sana’s current boyfriend?” Lisa clarified again.

“Yup,” Chaeyoung nodded.

“What happened to Park Jimin then?” Lisa asked again.

“He is still active but he is no longer that popular like he used to be. He’s turning into an arrogant person now based on what I read. Also he hates it when people ask him to do a duet with anyone,” said Jisoo.

“Unnie,how does you know all this?” curious Jennie.

Jisoo gave them that “duh” look.

“I am still his fan. Of course I still follow up his news,” said Jisoo proudly promoting her bias while sipping her banana milk.

“So now you know, Ms Lisa,” said Jennie, grabbing Lisa’s arm.

Lisa nodded.

“Jaaa…it’s almost end of the day. Shall we go for soju?” Jisoo seduced them.

“You’re crazy?” Chaeyoung hit her unnie on her .

They all laughed and leaving their campus compound.

THE END :)