Chapter 1

The False Truth
Please log in to read the full chapter

Humming a song that has been stuck in my head since I've heard on the radio , I stepped into a land of pink, my sister's room . Sometimes, the overwhelming pink hurts my eyes, and makes me nausous. It became a habit that I would always shake my head in disappointment as I enter her vacant room.

Like every family with two children, each child would be polar opposites of each other. For example, a family with two daughters, one would be really girly and the other one is just a plain jane. As you may have guessed it, I'm the plain one.

It's not that I dislike the colour pink, make-up and dresses, in fact, I do dress up from time to time. It's just that I'm not as overly obessive about the colour nor the thought of putting in an hour or so just to get ready.

My sister on the other, loves to dress up and is obnoxiously in love with the colour pink, as you can tell from her room. Once she moved out, nothing changed, everything was left just the way it was. Who knows if she would need a room when she comes back to visit. She would sure as hell make a fuss about taking the boring guest room or sharing my plain room.

Despite our differences in taste and preferences, I would miss her from time to time even though I act nonchalant about it. It felt as if a huge part of me was empty. Still singing the unnamed song that's stuck in my head , I made my way to her cupboard and opened it . My sister left some of her clothes behind, saying that I might need them and they don't fit her anymore.

I tilted my head to the side, as my hands start sifting through for an outfit for today. I had to look formal since I was going to school, not as a student, but an adult, I needed something that would make me look older than a highschooler. This wasn't my first time raiding in her room, it became sort of my 'walk-in closet', so I kind of knew what the closet had to offer.

"Ah! There you are." I said to my self as I found what I was looking for. A creamy white color blazer and a matching skirt to it. The items would match the white blouse that I had already have.

After finishing my last touch ups with my clothes. I smeared on some lipstick, a faded red or whatever it called and some eyeliner. Not saying that I am an expert with make up, but I was satisfied with the overall look. I tried to go for a young high school teacher look. Now staring at my own reflection, I totally resemble one that I know. A young teacher in my school, with a innocent, pretty face but with an contrasting behaviour. You know what people say about others with two faces, looks constrasting to the individual's personality. Rolling my eyes as I recalled , I stood up and smoothed out the creases off my outfit and headed out. 

 

-------

 

It was way too early in the morning, why would I be out and about when everyone is still sound asleep in their beds. I would still be tucked in bed at this timing as I am not a morning person at all. Well, here is the answer, I don't anybody from my house to see me heading out in my older sister's formal wear when I was still a 19 year old girl. They would bombard me with questions and my answers wouldn't satisfy them.

I left a note for my aunt on the kitchen counter, hoping that she would buy the lie that I wrote. That would be one less of a problem for me to face. It wasn't ten minutes before my stomach growled, craving for some food. I frowned as I made circles in my stomach in attempt to tame it.

The nearest convinence store was at least another ten minutes away. My stomach growled again, much louder this time, convincing me to walk faster to my destination. My phone rang loudly, making me jump in shock.

My hand reached for it and I smiled upon seeing the caller name.

Namjoon.

After everything that has happened, he was the only person that knew everything and the only person I could talk to. I trust him with my life and his with me. Most people that we have came across would assume that we might have known each other since our childhood, but in actual fact, we've only met three months ago.

 

-------

 

"I am telling the truth believe me! Someone planned to kill them both!" My palms slammed onto the table so hard that my hand burned in pain. Anger and frustration consumed me as the argument between me and the old man wasn't going anyw

Please log in to read the full chapter