Chapter 2

On Her Way

 

 

 

 

I hurried in the busy chinese restaurant under the the manager shouting about my tardiness, "What tardiness ? We are one minute and fifty four secondes earlier." huffed my counscious, while I was apoligising him and bowing at him. I went to the changing room to change into something more comfortable than the school uniform, which consisted of a short  skirt, a short sleeved white shirt and a navy blue blazer. And girl, let me tell you: it costs a fortune. It took five years of my thin economy to pay such clothes, I am gratefull that I can wear my hoodie to be more in ease. Now you tell me, do we want to ruin this amazing costfull uniform ? I asked to no one in partuculary. "No we do not"  answered my useless conscious.

Sometimes I wonder if I am really a 'prodige' and not a porridge. I may have an IQ of 165, doesn't mean I have to behave like one. 

I finished all the deliveries around seven p.m, and went to the convenience store to do my second part-time job, to which I am seriously gratefull because I only had todo was greet the costumers, register the products that the costumers were about to bought, recieve the money and give the change, and sometimes fill the empties ailes, 'cashier' is the exact word to definy this job. I had another pair of clothes in the changing room. I was in a old black jean, in a blue navy long-sleeved shirt, a black cap and some old plain white shoes. The only thing was, this job requires bottom green apron, it was not ugly, it was plain.

I was at the cashier in boredome waiting for costumer and as if in cue, my prayer was heard "HALLELUJAH" screamed my counscious. I bowed and greeted the costumer bbut was ignored " that was RUDE "affirmed my conscious. I looked up and saw raised eyebrows at the ramen shelf, my eyes widened and I quickly adjust my cap so he could not recognize me, well not entirely. He came toward me with a bowl of ramen, I scanned the article "It would be 770 won please" I said in a little voice, he pulled out a note of 1000 won, the time I was going to pull out the change he was already sitting outside in the"terrace" waiting for the ramen to cool down. "What is with this rich brat doing in the convenience store ?" asked my conscious inquisitivly. "Mhhh... I don't know something/a verb called EAT" I replied to her annoying question. "Well the sarcasm was not needed."she provoked. I wanted to reply to her but I was already annoyed with Choi Young Do and between us she can be worse than Choi Young Do, so I let it be. "I am also here, in your mind if you had forgotten." " Yeah, sorry" I hissed trough my teeth. "Oh Dear ! Why are you apoligising. Come on do not embarss me" she said stumpously. "Yeah" I replied.

Well back to our carrots, I took the change and went outside to give him back his change, "You forgot to it, ajhusssi" I stuttered putting the change on his table and went back in hte store, but was stopped by him grabbing my wrist. "Take it back" he said annoyed that someone interrupted him in his meal, well if you can call it a 'meal'. Not wanting him to throw a tantrum and get fired I took the money back and began to leave, but remembered he is still holding my hand. "Can you please leave my hand ?" I asked, waiting for him to do it but instead he said "Who ? Me ? But I don' t want to. Do you mind ?" he asked with a sly smirk. "Of course ! I mind you, masochist" I wanted to say but instead I replied, if I wanted to finish school quietly, "Yes please".I pleaded, well not really. he released me and went to his bike, started the motor, took his helmet and looked at me, gesturing me to go back inside. Not waiting for one or two I hurried back inside and heard him go. 

I finished my shift at ten and went home." Where were you, girl ?" my dad asked in his drunk state. He had a can of beer in hand and other crushed cans of beer on the sofa. He approached me and slapped me, he took a fist of my hair and banged me on the wall, punched me on my cheek ,and started kicking me on the stomach till he got tired and went to sleep in his room. I went to the bathroom and saw a scratch on my left cheek, where he punched me. I lifted my shirt only to welcome purple marks. I putted off my clothes and took my bath, I felt relaxed for a moment but was inerrupted by the thought of my homework.

I went to check if Shin was sleeping, and he was sleeping soundly, I checked on my father. Then did my homework and slept at one in the morning.