Chapter 1

On Her Way

                                     

"Rin...Rin wake up" Shin's annoying voice ringed "hmmm no let me sleep" I groaned burying my face in my pillow to avoid the sunlight. "Wake up it's already seven". What ? No but I setted up the clock at six. "God",still sore from last night beating I woke up, went to the bathroom and did my morning ritual. Then went to my room to get changed.

I putted a pair of shorts, a black hoodie, my uniform and putted my hair in two fishtail braid. I took my satchel bag not forgetting my skateboard and went to the kitchen. Grabbed a toast that were made by Shin, he is only thirteen but is quite responsible, and eyed the clock "Damn, only twenty minutes" I briefly tieded the living room. "Is dad still sleeping ?" "Yeah, did he hit you again last night ?" He asked sadly. I hummed, seeing his sad face I tried to lighten the mood by saying "Don't worry, your noona is strong not even a cocroach can touch her" he laughed.

He was the only one that actually cared for me. I had no friend at school, I was a lonely if you had to say. Forever alone.

I was brought back from my thought with a hand being waved before my face, it was Shin "Where are you lost ?, I might remind you that you are late." Aish I completely forgot. "Aniya, just glad that you are here" I said ruffling his hair and he groaned in response which made me giggled. I know he doesn't like when someone touches his hair, he probably took it from me.

I finished eating my toast then grabbed my bag and my skateboard and made my way to the front door reminding him not to be late for school as he starts at eight am. I putted my skateboard on the ground and began to ride really fast to Jeguk High.

You must be thinking what is a poor girl doing in a school for rich. Then let me answer you that I was kinda forced by my father. For a eighteen years old girl I was pretty intelligent. With an IQ of 155. I was ranked third after Yoo Rachel and Yoon Chan Young being first. I could have been ranked first but I did not want to be notice because of Jeguk hierarchy. This hierarchy contains four groups:

  1. The chaebols are those who are not only the heir of large fortunes but also large companies. Choi Young Do, Yoo Rachel, and Kang Ye Sol belong to this group.
  2. The stock inheritance group are kids like Lee Bo Na, she will not run the company but will have shareholders and are awards of what is going on in the company.
  3. The honor inheritance group includes Jo Myung Soo and Lee Hyo Shin, the have to uphold the family honor instead of the family business.
  4. And the social care group are the one to be on scholarship just like me and Yoon Joon Young. They do not have friends and cannot help each other.

Which leads me to live like a ghost in this hell. And hope this will remain.

Must be my lucky day because I arrived two minutes earlier than before. I only ride my skateboard as we have no money to pay for the transport and as for Shin, he goes with his friend so I don't have to worry for him. At the entrance there was a crowd, I couldn't see much from where I was staying, so I moved a little to get a better view.

There,were standing two boys, one of them being the biggest bully of the century a.k.a Choi Young Do, he should have an award of this tittle, both of them were engaged in a stare game "Well me too am good at those kind of games. God and here I was all panicking for being late. Well let's see what is going on ?" I mumbled

"I missed you, my friend" said the tan boy, breaking the silence, to Choi Young Do who replied back by "welcome back" with his raised eyebrows. They were having their conversation when I spoted a girl with street clothes, nose in her phone not looking where she was going "this foolish girl is just going in the wolf gob. Hey look up, look around y..." damn she is now stuck betwen them". She looked up wondering how she got there. Thank God I am not a phone addict. She was taken away by our class president Yoon Chan Young.

Bored I went to my locker to put my skateboard and went to class. I took my seat which was at the very back beside the windows, then putted my head on my desk and closed my eyes to get a little rest till the bell. And then it rang and students filled the room one by one.

Then came the big bully, Choi Young Do, with Jo Myung Soo, his best friend. I stared at 'raised eybrows' as if he sensed it, he stared back. Shocked, I quickly turned away. As if nothing happened, he took his seat which was before me. 

The teacher made her way to the front and said "Students, today you will have a new classmate." She looked toward the door and waved her hand to gesture the student to come in. The student made it's way and stood next the teacher. And it appears to be the girl in street clothes, she introduced herself as Cha Eun Sang mentioning that she was independant and do not expect help from anyone.

I must say she has pecks to directly tell these brats not to annoy her. She does not seems to be a 'new money' more like a 'social welfare'.

As she was heading to her seat, a student asked what was the reason that caused her to transfer here....SILENCE...., the girl with street clothes, I mean Cha Eun Sang shifted uncomfortably, not knowing what to respond.It was not a secret that everyone was curious, well me too i was a little curious.

"I, too,am a newcomer. Don't I deserve an introduction ?" said, oh it's the tan boy. Did not even notice him." Well everyone already know Kim Tan" said the teacher "but let's do it". He got up frim his seat and walked to the front if the class before Cha Eun Sang "move, I have to introduce myself" he said. Pretty rude, he did not even say please, must be a chaebol from his looks, ordering others around as if they were animals. I bet that even their dog is more valued.

Let's just hope that  the girl is not in the social welfare group. If she is then she should dry less attention.

Kim Tan had the same speech as Cha Eun Sang about no one to annoy him and to have a quiet school year, and regained his seat. The teacher then began her class about the ancient world.

Later on, I was sitting on a bench in the school garden, as it was a sunny day, finishing a book which I borrowed from the library. It was called "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austin. The context was about a middle class girl who fell in love with a rich man despite the hierarchy.

I finished it and looked up, only to be meet with raised eyebrows looking around as he stucked his leg to tackle-caught Cha Eun Sang. The girl seemed surprised where as raised eyebrows, amused. They were having a talk when Kim Tan arrived.

Daebak, why is he always appearing like a ghost.     "Heol, you're the one to say that. Aish, you are the real ghost, shincha, just have to loose your hair and wear a white dress. The rest would make it" intervened my stupid conscious. " shut up, shut up, SHUT UP" I shouted back in my head. Why did I shout, it hurts now.

Well, where were we ? Oh why is Cha Eun Sang leaving ? Must be a decision of his knight Kim Tan. He said something to Choi Young Do and left. And let me tell you girl, raised eyebrows was annoyed, just a little more and his eyebrows would disappear. That would be funny: from Raised eyebrows to No eyebrows. I chuckled.

As if he heard me, he stared me and what did I do ? Well I stared back. I broke the stare when I felt my phone vibrating in my hoodie pocket. I took my old nokia, you know the ones that never break even if there was an earthquake, and answered it.

"Yeoboseyoo" " Am I speaking to Lee Rin ?" " Yes it's her" " It's from Zeus Hotel, we just called you to notify you that you are accepted to work as a a dishwasher. Congratulations."the woman in the phone said. " "What ? I mean gamsahamnida" i thanked still recovering, bowing repeatedly. "You will start at the end of the week and be there at eight sharp."she said firmly." Yes thank you, very mu-" she hanged up.

Pfff ungrateful people. Neverless, I am so happy, I jumped and did my little joy dance. It will bring me sime money to pay the bills as dad is not working. I felt eyes on me so I stopped and looked around. I saw Choi Young Do looking at me with his eyebrows raised and a smirk on the lips. I flustered, took my bag and went to my locker to take my skateboard.

"Good job silly girl ! Now he noticed us, let's just hope that he will ignore us as he usually do."said my annoying conscious. "Us ? Yah, it's just me who will have to suffer. You will only be there laughing at me !" I retorted back leaving the school yard.