Platonic

Platonic

Taehyung can still hear the muffled sounds of applause as they step out in the backstage.

Taehyung immediately sees each of them removing their mics and he does the same before ing the top buttons of his shirt. He can’t wait to change into something much more comfortable than this stuffy designer shirt he is wearing.

Next, to him, he sees Jimin already has a camera as he records himself having some kind of bickering with Jungkook and Jin. If it were some other day Taehyung would have joined in but today he is just too exhausted for all that.

He sits on one of the foldable chairs and gets on his phone checking for texts from his family and friends. There are the usual ones of his mom telling him to take care of himself. He smiles at it before pocketing his phone again as he waits for one of the managers to finally tell them that it’s time to go back to the dorm.

“Come on boys,” he hears one of them say. “We’re done here,”

Taehyung gratefully stands up and follows his band mates to the car. He gets into one along with Yoongi and two of their managers. Yoongi falls asleep almost immediately as the car starts while clutching a Kumamon plushie that he had got from one of their fans today.

Taehyung puts on his earphones and listens to music instead. He really doesn’t like falling asleep in the car only to be rudely woken by the staff or the members. So he usually just listened to music until they finally reached their dorm.

Time flies by soon and they have finally reached their dorm and Yoongi gets woken up by their manager as he sleepily walks along with the rest of them his hands still around the Kumamon.

Of course, as soon as they reach there is a debate on who gets to shower first and Jungkook somehow manages to get in first while Taehyung sits on the sofa waiting for his turn and right next to him is Hoseok.

Hoseok catches Taehyung’s eyes and smiles at him and Taehyung smiles back as Hoseok stretches and sits back with a yawn.

“Today was such a stressful day,” he says.

“Yeah,” Taehyung nods in agreement.

“I am glad we get to rest tomorrow,”

“We do?” Taehyung asks.

“Yeah Namjoon asked one of the managers and he said that we don’t have any schedule for tomorrow,”

Taehyung heaves a sigh of relief as Hoseok grins.

“We can rest but of course we’ll still have practice,”

“Yeah,”

Just then Jungkook steps out of their bathroom and Yoongi gets in next after a long argument with Seokjin who grumpily agrees to go after him while Namjoon insists that since he is older he’ll go after Seokjin and Jimin agrees. This just leaves Taehyung and Hoseok.

“You can go before me,” Hoseok says.

“Thank you hyung,” Taehyung grins.

It takes all of the four boys an hour before they finally get out and Taehyung goes in turning the hot water that has a soothing effect on him. He stands and lets the water flow. The hot water has a soothing effect. Once he’s done he steps out wrapping a towel around his waist and going back to his room that he shares with Hoseok and Jimin which is thankfully empty now and changes into a large white shirt and pair of gym shorts before towel drying his hair before going to the kitchen.

Seokjin has managed to make some fried rice with some help from Jungkook and Namjoon and they all sit down to eat dinner and soon Hoseok joins them his hair dripping wet and Taehyung looks away instead of focusing on his food.

Once they are done Jimin and Jungkook take up the task of washing the dishes and Taehyung retreats back to his room because he is already sleepy and totally not in the mood for some movie. He lies down when he hears the door open. He suspects it’s Jimin but its Hoseok instead.

“Tae you asleep?” he asks.

Taehyung opens his eyes looking up at Hoseok who is smiling at him.

“I guess not,” he grins. “Move over”

Taehyung moves and Hoseok climbs on the bed and places the pillow next to Taehyung’s before lying on it.

“I hope you don’t mind,” he smiles.

Taehyung just shakes his head no as he goes back to sleep or at least tries too. But he is now wide awake thinking. He doesn’t know how it started but Hoseok had made a habit of sleeping with Taehyung on his small cramped bed every single night even when he had a bed of his own.

Even though Jimin was technically their roommate he usually slept in the living room with Jungkook which left only Hoseok and Taehyung alone in the room with two spare beds and yet Hoseok would climb onto his and sleep with him.

Now, Taehyung isn’t exactly complaining but he wonders why Hoseok chooses to sleep with him every single day and he is too nervous to ask Hoseok so he just lets it happen. Sometimes when he wakes up he finds Hoseok has his hands around him or that their legs are entangled together.

Thankfully none of the members know about their little habit yet.

And as hard it is to admit Taehyung likes sleeping with Hoseok too. It’s nice to have someone with you and Hoseok feels so warm but yet he is confused but he decides not to question what’s happening as he falls asleep too.

The next morning Taehyung wakes up about 10 am and he finds himself being spooned by Hoseok, his hands carefully holding Taehyung’s small waist. Careful not to wake him up Taehyung removes himself from Hoseok’s grip and watches as he stirs a little but falls asleep right back.

Taehyung gets up and walks to the kitchen and Seokjin is the only person who is awake and Taehyung assumes that the others are still catching up with their sleep. He doesn’t blame them they hardly get any sleep and practice is in the evening.

“Morning hyung,” Taehyung says as he gets some coffee from the coffee maker and sips on it before sitting down.

“Morning,” Seokjin says.

For some time neither of them say anything and drink their coffees in peace before Seokjin clears up his throat and Taehyung looks at him.

“So,”

“So,”

“I saw Hobi was sleeping on your bed,” Seokjin says in a flat voice.

Taehyung flushes and takes another sip from his coffee.

“Uh yeah hyung likes to sleep with me,” Taehyung says.

“Any particular reason?” Seokjin asks with raised eyebrows.

“Not really,” Taehyung says.

“Are you two um doing-…,”

“Hyung,” Taehyung says disgustedly.

“There’s nothing wrong with that,” Seokjin says. “I understand that you might wanna unwind from all that stress…”

“Hyung stop,” Taehyung says. “There is nothing like that, it’s all platonic”

“Oh,” Seokjin says. “Are you telling me the truth?”

“Yes, of course, hyung jeez,” Taehyung says as he finishes the rest of the coffee.

He stands up and keeps the cup on the counter when Hoseok enters the kitchen yawning.

“Taehyungie, you left me alone,” he says and Seokjin looks at Taehyung before he takes his cup of coffee and goes to the other room leaving both Hoseok and Taehyung alone.

“Yeah…I uh I wanted some coffee,” Taehyung says.

“Me too,” Hoseok says as he grabs a mug and fills it up before taking a sip a smile spreading across his face. “Ah nothing beats stress like coffee”

Taehyung just nods before he washes his mug something he usually never does but he wants to distract himself.

Once done he puts it back all the while Hoseok is sipping coffee right next to him.

“You look like you’re in a hurry,” Hoseok comments.

“Uh no, I’m not,” Taehyung says wondering why he has started getting so nervous around Hoseok these days.

He makes his way to the living room where Jungkook and Jimin are sprawled across the couch on top of each other fast asleep. Everyone is now pretty much used to their public display of affection for each other.

Taehyung switches on the TV and Hoseok joins him while they watch a random show and Namjoon and Seokjin meanwhile leave together to get out of the house and Yoongi is making most of their day off and he is locked in the room either sleeping or working on new music.

Jimin and Jungkook wake up soon and leave to take a shower (together Taehyung assumes but he is better off not knowing) and now Hoseok and Taehyung are once along so Hoseok casually rests his head on Taehyung’s shoulder and Taehyung freezes but doesn’t react. He convinces himself that there is nothing weird about band mates sleeping on the same bed and sitting close to each other while watching TV as long as it’s platonic.

That’s what Hoseok and Taehyung are completely platonic.

After they finish the episode Namjoon and Seokjin have returned with some lunch for all of them and all of them come to the living room and eat the meal and there is nothing weird about it at all. Hoseok is just as touchy to the other members and that’s the way he has always been from the start. But they never cuddled every night. Maybe, he has grown more comfortable with the members Taehyung thinks.

After lunch, they all get ready to leave for practice and this time Taehyung ends up with Jimin and Jungkook in the car who are talking in hushed voices to each other and so Taehyung just listens to music instead.

Once they are at practice everyone is their serious self and start practicing. Sure, it gets tiring but all of them are pretty determined. There is one particular dance move that Taehyung seems to be having some problem with and he decides to stay back a little and get it right when he hears a sound that ends up startling him.

“Hyung,” Taehyung says looking at Hoseok.

“Tae it’s late now,”

“Yeah but I almost got this,” Taehyung says.

“All right, I’ll wait for you,” Hoseok says.

“You don’t have to…,”

“I want to,” Hoseok says as he sits down.

“Uh okay,” Taehyung says.

Taehyung sees from the mirror Hoseok watching him and he feels slightly nervous as he begins dancing but once again fails to get it right.

“I’ll help you,” Hoseok says as he stands up yet again and wraps his hands around Taehyung’s waist as he helps Taehyung move his body the way it’s supposed to and Taehyung can feel his heart beating too loud as he sees how close their bodies are to each other. He tries to focus on the move.

“See, there you go,” Hoseok says as he lets Taehyung go.

Taehyung nods and does it again and this time he gets it right.

“See you did it,” Hoseok grins. “Now I think you should stop”

“Yeah,” Taehyung says as he sits down and sips from his water.

“You did well,” Hoseok smiles.

“Thank you,” Taehyung says. “So let’s go back to the dorm?”

“Actually I’m really hungry,” Hoseok says. “How about we get something to eat before going back?”

Taehyung nods.

They put on a cap and a face mask just for the extra concealment it provides. Sure, being famous and having fans in fun but sometimes you just want to be left alone.

They enter into a little restaurant and since it’s quite late in the night there is barely anyone there.

“What do you wanna eat?” Hoseok asks Taehyung who is skimming over the menu to decide what he wants.

“Ramyeon,” he finally decides.

“Okay me too,”

The server comes up to them to take their orders and jots them on a little notepad before leaving them alone.

The tiny restaurant is cozy and warm and reminds both Taehyung and Hoseok of their trainee days when they would sometimes come here along with the other boys to grab a bite after a tiring practice session.

A lot has changed since then.

Taehyung sighs internally.

“You okay?” Hoseok asks.

“Uh, yeah I’m fine,” Taehyung manages to smile as the server shows up with two bowls of ramen a lot quicker than they had expected and the pair doesn’t take long to dig in. It’s delicious and provides comfort to their rumbling stomachs.

Once done Hoseok pays before Taehyung can even pull out his wallet.

“I am buying ice cream then,” Taehyung announces as they leave the restaurant.

“Fine,” Hoseok smiles.

Taehyung buys two ice cream cones for them and they sit down on a lone wooden bench eating it.

“You know how much we used to this back when we were trainees,”

“Oh yeah,” Taehyung says.

“I sometimes miss those days,” Hoseok sighs. “Sure there was a lot of uncertainty and we almost gave up at times but it seemed like we still had some innocence…I don’t know it’s hard to explain”

“I know what you mean hyung,” Taehyung says.

“You always get me Tae,” Hoseok grins. “Right from the start”

Hoseok’s little declaration has Taehyung smiling but he goes back to finish his ice cream.

“Let’s get back to the dorm,” Taehyung says. “We have an early start tomorrow”

Taehyung nods as Hoseok stops a cab and they get in. In 20 minutes they are at the dorm.

“You two took a long time,” Yoongi says as he opens the door.

“This one was practicing,” Hoseok says and Taehyung just chuckles.

“Will you guys be eating?” Seokjin asks.

“We ate already,” Taehyung answers.

“More for me,” Jungkook says as he clears out the rice from the pot.

“Do you mind if I go shower first?” Hoseok asks Taehyung.

“All right fine,” Taehyung says.

“Or you know you can just join me, saves water and also time,” Hoseok says with a wink and Taehyung’s face turns red.

“Relax I’m only kidding,”

Taehyung fakes a small laugh as he sees Hoseok enter the bathroom and he curses himself to be so reactive of Hoseok’s silly statement. Of course, Hoseok was only kidding. Taehyung goes to the kitchen and gets a bottle of cold water to drink so he can cool himself down before heading to his room to clear out his bedroom so he can fall asleep as soon as he gets out of the shower.

Hoseok returns by then a white towel topless and loosely wrapped around his waist and Taehyung immediately looks away and heads straight to the bathroom turning the water to as hot as he can possibly stand as he lathers body wash onto himself.

In about 15 minutes he is done and decides to get dressed into the shower itself.

He goes to his room and there is no sign of Hoseok anywhere. He is probably out with the others Taehyung thinks as he switches the lights off and gets into his bed. In about 2 minutes Taehyung feels a weight on the bed and suddenly a pair of strong arms are around his chest.

“Taehyungiee, why do you always fall asleep without me?” he says.

Taehyung doesn’t respond.

“Also, you smell really good,” Hoseok says and his nose tickles the back of Taehyung’s neck.

“It’s my lavender body wash,” Taehyung says.

“I hope you don’t mind me stealing it,” Hoseok says.

“Uh no,” Taehyung says.

“Night Tae,”

“Good night hyung,”

With that Hoseok’s soft snores fill the silence of the room but for Taehyung it takes longer to fall asleep because he is thinking again.

The next day they are up and early and they have to perform a radio station first thing in the morning so they hardly have any time as they all pile up in cars still half asleep until they finally arrive at their destinations and the next hour or so is spent in makeup and outfits.

When they finally take their positions to begin singing Taehyung notices Hoseok standing in the far off with a smile on his face as he raps into his mike and Taehyung is distracted to the point that he almost forgets it’s his turn to sing. Face flushed he wraps his hands around the mike and begins singing closing his eyes.

Once they are done with the performances they once again get ready to leave to go straight to a photo shoot of some kind when Taehyung feels Hoseok pulling him back and then they are walking with each other as Hoseok has his hand around Taehyung’s shoulder.

“Can you smell it?” Hoseok asks.

“Huh,” Taehyung says. It’s very hard to hear Hoseok over the sounds of the cameras and the fans.

“I used your body wash,” Hoseok says.

“Oh,” Taehyung says as he leans in to get a whiff. “Yeah, you smell great”

Hoseok smiles.

They get into their cars and end up being separated so Taehyung just listens to music to kill time. Once they arrive at the venue the stylists immediately begin working on their makeup. Jungkook is done pretty quickly so he walks around shoving a camera into the member’s faces.

Taehyung breaks into an abrupt dance before sitting down and letting the stylist complete her work.

They stand in front a wall and pose together first before solo shots and then the photographer decides to take photos with twos, twos, and threes.

Taehyung ends up with Hoseok and the photographer instructs Hoseok to stand close to Taehyung his hand around Taehyung’s waist and the other doing a peace sign while Taehyung has his hand on Hoseok’s shoulder and the other in the pockets of his pants.

Taehyung is more than aware of Hoseok’s hand resting on his waist and he feels as if the other is holding too hard or maybe he just feeling that way. He briefly looks Hoseok who is looking straight ahead with a big smile on his face.

When all of their photos are clicked they change back and go to the studio for the daily practice.

It’s 9 in the night when he realizes he and Hoseok are once again the only ones left.

“You have been practicing a lot these days,” Hoseok says.

“Just a bit worried about the tour,” Taehyung says. “When did the others leave?”

“About half an hour ago,” Hoseok answers tossing a water bottle to Taehyung who drowns half of the bottle.

“You must be hungry,”

“Of course,”

They once again end up in that same small restaurant which is again empty and this time they order some jjajangmyeon.

“We are eating out too much, don’t you think?” Taehyung asks.

“Only two times,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung chuckles and somehow argues his way to pay the bill this time so of course, Hoseok buys the ice cream today.

“I like this,” Hoseok suddenly declares sitting on the bench.

“Like what?” Taehyung asks.

“This, us just sitting on a bench and eating an ice cream,” Hoseok says. “It’s peaceful”

“Yeah, it is,”

“I like talking to you Taehyung,” Hoseok says.

“I like talking to you too hyung,” Hoseok says.

“I feel like I can share anything and everything with you and you will always listen,” Hoseok says.

“I will always listen to you hyung,” Taehyung says with a smile.

Hoseok smiles back.

There is a long silence between them as they look at each other which is interrupted by the sound of Taehyung’s ringtone.

Taehyung picks up.

“Dude, where are you?” he hears Jimin’s voice.

“Oh, we are um just getting home,”

“All right,” Jimin says hanging up.

“We should go back now,” Taehyung says standing up and Hoseok nods as they get a cab and they reach the dorm where Jimin and Jungkook are the only ones still awake watching a movie in the living room.

Taehyung heads to the shower and in about 10 minutes he steps out before Hoseok goes in and this time Taehyung doesn’t sleep until Hoseok shows up about 20 minutes later.

“I thought you must have fallen asleep,” Hoseok says.

“Oh um, I stayed up,” Taehyung answers not meeting Hoseok’s eyes as he plays with a loose thread of his bed sheet.

“For me?” Hoseok asks.

“Uh um yes,” Taehyung says.

Taehyung sees Hoseok grinning and Taehyung manages to crack a smile.

“Come on move over,” Hoseok says. “I wanna sleep too”

Hoseok turns off the lights and gets into the bed and since it’s dark it is kinda hard for Taehyung to tell that Hoseok is actually staring at him when he feels Hoseok’s hands through his hair pushing his bangs back.

“Good night Taehyung,” Hoseok says when he suddenly feels Hoseok’s lips touching his forehead and Taehyung practically freezes, his eyes shut, his heart beating fast.

And just like that Hoseok turns back and falls asleep while Taehyung spends most of the night staring up at the ceiling wondering what did just happen.

The next day it’s all normal as ever at least Taehyung thinks because he never bumps into Hoseok until the end of the day when Taehyung is in his room talking to his mother on the phone when Hoseok walks into the room only wearing a towel and Taehyung almost stops talking instead staring at Hoseok’s body before he realizes and focuses on what his mother is saying which Is mostly just her telling him about what his siblings and father have been up to and how much all of them miss him.

“I miss you too a lot,” Taehyung says.

“I will talk to you later son,” his mother says. “You should sleep”

“Yeah, mom I will, you should too, good night,” he says.

“Good night,” his mother says and Taehyung hangs up.

“Talking to your mother?” Hoseok asks. He is fully dressed now so it is much easier to maintain eye contact.

“Yeah, I was missing her a bit,”

“Of course,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung makes space for Hoseok who sits down and wraps a hand around Taehyung’s shoulder.

“It’s worth it in the end,” he says and Taehyung nods when Hoseok presses a kiss on Taehyung’s head.

Taehyung doesn’t know how to react, so Hoseok is kissing him now albeit on his head but it’s still just a friendly thing….Taehyung is sure friends do it all the time. Especially when they are as touchy as Hoseok is.

“Guys,” Taehyung hears a voice making both Hoseok and Taehyung jump. It’s Namjoon who is standing at the door looking at them.

“Um dinner is ready,” he says his gaze lingering on them.

“Yeah, we are coming,” Hoseok says.

Namjoon nods leaving before Hoseok and Taehyung make their way to the living room and eat the dinner. This time it’s Taehyung’s turn to do dishes.

“Should I help?” Hoseok asks.

“No, it’s fine,”

“Are you sure?” Hoseok asks as he takes the dishes and wipes them with a towel and puts them in their place.

“You are too nice hyung,” Taehyung says.

“It’s only because you are my favorite dongsaeng,” Hoseok says.

Taehyung blushes.

“What?” he hears Jimin’s voice. “I always thought I was your favorite dongsaeng”

“Never,” Hoseok says hugging Taehyung with one arm while Taehyung chuckles and Jimin leaves soon while saying that he will never talk to Hoseok again.

When Taehyung is done with the dishes he and Hoseok go inside the room and once again they decide to fall asleep together. Maybe, it was their thing to fall asleep together and Hoseok kisses Taehyung good night yet again but on the cheek this time.

“Won’t you kiss me back Tae?”Hoseok asks in a cutesy voice and Taehyung hesitantly leans in and briefly touches Hoseok’s cheek with his lips.

Taehyung’s heart is beating too fast, almost reminding him of the time he had his first kiss.

Platonic, he reminds himself. It’s all platonic love.

The next day they have a super busy schedule with two interviews lined up. One with an international magazine and the other is a TV interview for a local channel.

The interviewer is sat in front of them while and she is really doing good at her job making them laugh and unwind themselves pretty soon.

“So,” she says. “One of your fans has asked you, which member are you closest to? Why don’t we start with Hoseok-ssi first?”

Taehyung looks at Hoseok who smiles.

“It definitely has to be Jimin,” he says and Taehyung’s heart breaks a little because Hoseok’s name was right on his lips.

Hoseok continues.

“He is very cute, hard working and when we dance together it’s quite fun and he is very caring and an emotional support for all of us. He is just amazing”

Jimin laughs hiding his face and everyone pats his back but Taehyung doesn’t even smile and the interviewer seems to notice.

“Taehyung-ssi,” she says. “What about you?”

“I um,” Taehyung says uncomfortable to be in the spotlight all of a sudden. “Namjoon hyung because he is a great leader and very inspirational support for all the members”

Namjoon smiles giving Taehyung a thumbs up and Taehyung grins when his eyes meet briefly with Hoseok before Taehyung looks away.

For the rest of the day somehow Hoseok and Taehyung’s paths don’t cross until they are once again in their room when Hoseok seems to be looking at Taehyung.

“So um why…,” he begins.

The door suddenly flies open and it’s Jimin who walks in clutching a pillow and he immediately gets on the bed curling up in a ball.

“Jimin, you okay?” Taehyung says standing up touching his shoulder.

“Yeah,” Jimin sniffs. “Just leave me alone”

Taehyung goes back to his bed and since Jimin is here too Hoseok ends up sleeping on his bed and today it is much harder for Taehyung to fall asleep.

It’s time for sound checks the next day and Taehyung seems to notice that Hoseok is acting like his normal self-goofing around with Jimin and Jungkook who somehow managed to make up in the morning after Jungkook made Jimin a breakfast of burnt pancakes.

It was nothing new. Their fights rarely ever lasted for more than a day because neither of them could stand being away for too long.

When they are done with the sound checks they go straight to practice and when Taehyung gets ready to leave with Jimin and Jungkook he is pulled back by Hoseok into an empty room.

“Are you ignoring me?” Hoseok asks.

“Um no,”

“Because it seems to me like you are,”

“Well, you are wrong,” Taehyung says.

“Tae, are you mad at me?” Hoseok asks.

“No,”

“Is it because I said Jimin is the closest to me?” Hoseok asks.

Taehyung doesn’t reply.

“You know I didn’t mean it,” Hoseok asks. “I just wanted to twist up the answer a bit”

“I thought after all that you said to me, you would say my name,” Taehyung says.

“I am sorry, Tae,” Hoseok says.

He takes Taehyung’s hands into his kissing them lightly.

“You know we share a special bond right, Taehyung?” Hoseok says as he flicks a few strands of hair from Taehyung’s forehead.

Suddenly their foreheads are touching and Taehyung’s breath hitches a little. He knows what will happen now but he doesn’t want anything to happen or does he? His mind has stopped thinking.

Hoseok’s lips touch his and even though they are doing this for the second time Taehyung’s heart beats faster and he doesn’t want to stop. His first kiss with Hoseok for Rookie King doesn’t even match this beautiful moment.

Taehyung suddenly realizes what is happening and he pushes Hoseok off before running off and tears are streaming down his face. He doesn’t know why he is crying maybe because he has finally come to terms with the feelings that he has for Hoseok and they aren’t friendly because then why would he always stutter around Hoseok or catch himself looking at his toned body and why they spent their nights cuddled up with each other and shared kisses. Maybe to Hoseok all of it was a game or a stupid experiment but for Taehyung it meant a lot more than that. He had slowly started falling for his band mate.It was all, okay if they friends right, as long as it’s platonic it will always be okay but it isn’t anymore. Taehyung doesn’t even know how he will ever face Hoseok and what if the members find out.

Taehyung is crying all the way through his taxi ride back to the dorm and when everyone inquires about his crying state or Hoseok he ignores them all and locks himself into the bedroom and manages to cry himself to the sleep.

When he wakes up the next day the bright sun is already pouring out of his window and his heart is hurting like a probably because Jimin is banging on the door.

“Kim Taehyung open the ing door before I break it down,”

Taehyung gets up and unlocks to be met by Jimin’s angry gaze his hand clutching toasts and eggs.

“Eat,” he says.

Taehyung takes the plate and closes the door before Jimin can say anything further.

He takes one bite and he wants to throw up, He has no appetite of any kind so he opens the door again to dump the breakfast in the trash possibly before anyone can ask him any questions. He wants to be left alone as long as it’s possible which is probably until the evening because he has practice but maybe he can fake an illness and stay in the dorm.

“Taehyung,”

It’s the voice he would least like to hear in this state but he turns around and sees Hoseok dressed in an oversized T-shirt which probably belongs to Seokjin and shorts.

“I am sorry,”

Taehyung doesn’t respond.

“What I did yesterday was wrong,” Hoseok says.”I should have known that you don’t have the same feelings I have for you”

He wants Hoseok to shut up. Taehyung wants to scream because Hoseok has gotten it all wrong.

“I am sorry I wish I could take back the kiss…,”

“So it wasn’t some joke?” Taehyung asks.

“Joke?”

“You kissing me….you wanted to do that,”

“Taehyung ever since we were trainees,” Hoseok says. “You always stood out to me but I was too scared to make a move until um yesterday”

Taehyung really wants to scream because how many times has he spent thinking about Hoseok when he had first gotten to know the elder.

“I was scared so I hid it all behind friendship,” Hoseok chuckles. “And when you started to respond I thought…I thought you felt the same”

Speak up Taehyung a voice inside him screams but he stays quiet.

“But you just wanted to be friends…,”

Taehyung has had enough as he walks up to Hoseok and grabs his face kissing him and at first when Hoseok doesn’t kiss Taehyung back he panics thinking that he has ruined everything between them ever as he kisses Taehyung back and they are in the middle of the kitchen making out and it’s the most wonderful feeling ever and Taehyung’s stomach feels like it’s on fire and his chest is threatening to burst when he hears a voice instantly making him back off.

“Knew it,”

Its Seokjin grinning at the doorway and Namjoon is standing by him looking visibly grumpy as he hands Seokjin some money.

“You guys can carry out with your kissing,” Yoongi suddenly says and Taehyung sees that Jimin and Jungkook are there too. So they were just making out in front of all of their band mates and Taehyung’s face turns red.

“Not so platonic, is it huh Tae?” Seokjin asks and Taehyung hides his face away as everyone laughs and Taehyung is so happy because at least he doesn’t have to pretend anymore.

It’s not platonic anymore, it’s the real deal.