Chapter 1

soft kitty warm kitty little ball of fur

The members finally get a day off their hectic schedule and as they kick back and relax in their dorm, their peace was eventually disrupted by a screeching yowl followed by the sounds of things crashing and breaking. For the record, there are no pets in the dorm. So, what the heck was that? 

The room to Seokjin's door opens and he peeks his head through, looking left then right to check the hallway for any possible damage. When none was spotted ( thankfully ), Seokjin yelled " Namjoon, was that you? Did you break something again? " Namjoon's head pokes through from the kitchen, shaking his head. " Nope. Not me, although I did break one of the handles of your pot " Namjoon barely mumbles out the last part but Seokjin still managed to catch it. With a roll of his eyes, Seokjin decides that that could be handled later. The loud yowls were coming down from the hallway, Seokjin noted and pulled open the door to his room as he steps out to investigate the matter. 

Just then, the padding of the footsteps followed from behind Seokjin and as he turned his head slightly, from the corner of his eyes, he saw the maknae line right behind him. " Hyung, you heard that too, right? " Taehyung spoke out in a hushed manner. "We were playing Animal Crossing ( Seokjin for a moment deadpans at the younger male) and those yowls sounded too realistic! It sounds- " " Like a cat! " Jimin finshes off Taehyung sentence, his brows furrowed to the center. " None of us owns a cat here, right? " Jungkook scratches his nape, a questioning look on his face. Seokjin shakes his head before the four of them continues on to follow the source of the sound. They eventually come to a stop at Yoongi's room but the yowls have been replaced with barely audible sniffs and mewls. That's strange, Yoongi has never owned a cat. Let alone bring an animal into the dorm. Seokjin thinks to himself but a nudge from behind stops his thoughts. " Go knock on Yoongi hyung's door, hyung. Go, go, go. " Taehyung probes Seokjin, his signature box-ish grin on his face. Uncertaincy stirs in Seokjin's chest and as he hesitantly brings a fist up to rap on the door, he chews on his bottom lip. Something doesn't feel right, why is his heart beating so fast? Why is he feeling so panicky over knocking on his bandmate's door? Why-

" Hyung! " a voice yells from behind, startling the quadruple. Immediately, they turn to face the person with " shh " and a finger to their lips. Of course, it was none other than the one and only loud and the sunshine of the group, Jung Hoseok. " Godamn, don't scare me like that " Seokjin frowns and Hoseok gives a sheepish grin. " Did the sound come from there? " Hoseok asks no one in particular. Seokjin nods and this time, he dumps his fear and raps on Yoongi's door. " Yoongi? Hey, you there? Is everything alright? " Seokjin calls out and in return, there were scrapping sounds coming from the other side of the door as if replying to Seokjin's call. With a frown, Seokjin grabs the door knob. " I'm coming in, Yoongi. " And as Seokjin opens the door tand steps into Yoongi's room, Yoongi wasn't spotted at all. It took a few moments as the members scanned the room from where they were standing from, confusion on their faces as they spotted a set of clothing strewn onto the ground. "H-hyung" Jimin's shaky voice speaks and he raises a pointed finger up. Seokjin follows the direction toi where Jimin's (tiny) finger one to. Only one word came to his mind at the sight that behold him.

Shock.

Well, shock would be an understatment because in Min Yoongi's nice and clean room, there was a kitten. A small tiny white kitten hiding behind one of the feet of Yoongi's bed. The group stood rooted to the ground, their eyes fixed on the kitten who was staring right back at them. The kitten's body was trembling, visible enough for everyone to notice that it was afraid. Afterall, the 5 men looked like giants from the kitten's point of view. Silence filled the room and even without speaking, everyone had the same question going through their heads. Jungkook eventually found the voice to break the silence with one single question. " Yoongi hyung? "

The kitten mewled back with its eyes blinking slowly, lowering its head.