First day

NEVER

Chanyeol was somehow returning to his old shell but not the same one. But still he doesn't go out often -like he does before - with his friends. 

 

                                         ***

 

It's Monday and Joy just transferred to K High School from Busan because her father work is posted to Seoul. Joy could have lived there with her grandparents but she chose to come with her father. Or maybe, she doesn't want to bother her grandparents anymore. Because since her childhood one thing, she knew for sure was that her grandparents never like her at all. They didn't hate her but they didn't love either. And Joy think she knows the reason. Her mother left her when she was 3 years old just to be with another man and Joy resemble her mother a lot. Maybe that's why they never liked her. Joy's father didn't marry even his parents force him to. Because his love for his wife didn't faded away even after she cheated on him and he also has responsibility of Joy which he doesn't want to handover to any other women, expect his wife. Joy always feel grateful having a father like him by her side forever. Joy knew that it will be difficult for her transferring at the middle of semester but she doesn't have any other choice too. Her father even told her, she can move in Seoul after this semester but no, Joy didn't want to. 

Today was her first day and Joy was a little nervous because she knows no-one there. Her father drop her in front of her new school's gate with his encouraging words,"I know you will do well like you always did. Being nervous was never in my daughter's list, right? You are my brave child. " Joy nodded her head and smile, "Yeah, of course dad. " with that she step in. On the way she met a girl, "Excuse me! " particularly she just shriek which made the girl startled. "Yes?  " The girl was pretty and she seems to be friendly too. Joy smile sheepishly, "Sorry for the trouble but could you please tell me where the class'C' of second year is? " Coincidentally the girl was also in the same class with Joy so, they walk together to the class. "Sorry. I just shout, earlier. " The girl look confused but then realized and smile,  "Ah, that.... it's okay. "

"I'm Joy. Nice to meet you. "

"I'm Seulgi. Nice to meet you too. "

They exchange smiles and shake their hand.

 

                                             ***

Baekhyun and Chen finally succeed to drag Chanyeol to eat with them in canteen at lunch time. Baekhyun and Chen were talking happily & Chanyeol also participate in their conversation a bit on their way to canteen. 

 

 

It wasn't difficult for Joy to blend in with her environment because she was always a cheerful girl, always smiling and making new friends was no big deal for her. And Seulgi help her well introducing to her other friends. 

Joy was walking with Seulgi towards the canteen. "Why you suddenly transfer in the mid of semester. " Seulgi simply asked curiously. "Because I have no other option. My father's work was posted here in Seoul, so....... " Joy answered. "Ummm.. " Seulgi just nodded her head. It doesn't look like they just met today instead it looks like they were long time friends who just meet today. Chatting with each other, laughing. 

In the canteen, they found a table in the corner. Seulgi went to counter to take their orders while Joy just looked around "Woahh...  there are so many students here. " she muttered. Suddenly she saw someone who took all her attention. Joy, herself don't know how long she was staring at that person but thanks to Seulgi who nudge her or else she will be drooling there. "Hey, what's wrong? Why aren't you eating? " ".......Nothing " Joy snapped from her reverie. "By the way......... " Seulgi tilted her head like she's looking for something "..where were you looking at? " Joy just say " Nowhere " "Oh....... Are you by chance looking there? " Seulgi innocently pointed out her finger which makes Joy panic and she quickly held her hand back. "What are you doing?  What if he saw you pointing towards him? " "So,  I was right you were looking at him" Seulgi smirk,  "They are really popular among girls, which one were you staring at? " Seulgi asked playfully. Joy couldn't help but feel embarrassed and answered "The one who is really handsome. " This time Seulgi chuckle  and turned her head to Joy "I know all of them are really handsome ​​​​​​. "

"The tallest one. "

"Not bad choice, Joy. He is Park Chanyeol our senior. He is really cute and friendly from what I heard from others. "

"Park Chanyeol.......... "