Chapter 4

THE Ongniel

Hello all! So I've been really upset with how the story has been turning out because I'm such a poor writer. I actually wasn't going to continue this story until I saw someone recommend my story on twitter, which gave me the motivation I needed to write this chapter.

This is kind of a far-fetched concept, but I'm trying to draw out things to build up character and to make the story last longer. (I totally understand any normal person would've recognized each other after meeting a couple times.)

Thank you for reading and please comment :)

 

“Hyung~” Seongwoo whined for the nth time. 

“Seongwoo-ah…” Kang Joon sighed into the phone.  “ I don’t know.  It’s just so weird?  You’re dating this guy and yet you have no idea what he looks like.  How is that even possible?  I think you should just go for Daniel instead.  That’s probably your best bet.” 

About two weeks into both his relationship with Euigeon and being on Produce 101, Seongwoo finally broke down and had to blow out some pent up steam, and who else to talk to other than his favorite hyung, Seo Kang Joon. 

Even before he auditioned for Fantagio, Seongwoo had been acquainted with Kang Joon.  Only two years his senior, they had multiple acting and modeling classes together, and through those classes they grew to have a close hyung-dongsaeng relationship.  It would be a lie to say this was the first time Seongwoo vented to his most trusted hyung.

“But Euigeon and I are already dating, and I really like him.  Plus, I don’t even know if Daniel is gay, and even if he is gay, if I’m his type.”  Seongwoo raked his hands through his hair in frustration.  He was currently sitting in an empty bathroom stall so as to not be overheard while the other trainees were on break.

“I guess… Hmm…” And then there was silence.  Not two seconds later Kang Joon replied, “Express yourself to Daniel.  Give a little hint here and there to see if he picks it up.  It could just be that he’s the oblivious type, or he’ll either decline or reciprocate your interest.” 

Seongwoo guessed that wouldn’t be too hard, although he’d have to be a bit touchier than just the usual skinship that Daniel was already so fond of.  Honestly, in the past couple weeks, Seongwoo and Daniel had grown close.  Even the fans had started joking that if Daniel was spotted, Seongwoo wouldn’t be too far off.  He was just worried of scaring him off.

It wasn’t that Seongwoo didn’t like how close he and Daniel were getting.  No, it was quite the opposite.  He ing loved every second of it, which made him feel extremely guilty when he thought of Euigeon. 

When Seongwoo said yes to dating Euigeon, he was too into the moment to remember his little crush on Daniel, which by now had grown from little to very big just by getting physically and mentally closer to the guy. 

“And as for your request, I’ll have the keys delivered to you in the next couple days.  But! That’s only if you promise you’ll reveal your identities to each other!” Kang Joon threatened at the end of his promise.

Ah.  Over the course of the conversation Seongwoo had forgotten the favor he had asked of his hyung.  Kang Joon and his friends all shared a rented apartment between the five of them for when they hooked up with someone, whether it was to have a simple date like a movie or just to have full-blown .  Either way, Seongwoo thought it would be a good change of pace to have their own space rather than eating out and sneaking in and out of dark alleys to steal a kiss or two from the other. 

His relationship with Euigeon was going as well as it could go at the present time, since Seongwoo was busy with the show and Euigeon had mentioned that he might debut soon.  They met up late every couple nights when they weren’t too tired after practice.  None of the trainees really asked about why he was gone so often, but the ever observant Jisung was always eyeing him suspiciously, not that Seongwoo really cared since it was just part of his hyung’s nature.  Besides, Daniel was gone basically just as often as he was, anyway.

And because his relationship with both the boys were going so well was the reason why Seongwoo was in the current situation he was in in the empty bathroom.  He didn’t want to cheat on Euigeon, but he didn’t want to lose a chance with and/or lose Daniel.  How classic.

Seongwoo hung up and went to join the other trainees in the gym where they were either resting or playing around in boredom.  Spotting Jihoon and Jinyoung huddled up in the corner; he headed towards the boys to poke some fun. 

Jinyoung noticed Seongwoo walking towards them from a couple meters away, “Hyung!  Where have you been?”

Jihoon sleepily raised his head from Jinyoung’s lap to acknowledge Seongwoo’s presence and nodded. 

Seongwoo smiled at the kids.  If anyone had a good friendship on Produce 101, it was probably these two.  Jihoon was quiet and calculating, and Jinyoung seemed to just follow along with him wherever he went, content just to be by his side. 

“Bathroom,” he finally replied as he sat down next to the lesser of the sleepy. 

Back settled against the padded wall, Seongwoo took in his surroundings.  About ten or so of the trainees were playing a little game of basketball, while the rest were in random bunches around the court, either watching the game, talking amongst themselves, or pulling a Jihoon and dozing off.

Daniel wasn’t hard to find, who was playing airplane with an airborne little Woojin.  Seongwoo chuckled.  Daniel was such a father figure no matter how he looked at him.  He was so soft, good-natured, and kind-hearted that sometimes Seongwoo’s heart wanted to burst. 

However, Seongwoo was the opposite.  If he ever had a kid, there would be endless pranks and jokes.  One of his goals in life was to put a Hogwarts letter in the mailbox when his kid turned 11.  Oh the hilarity that would ensue, even though it was a bit mean. Although, because it was Harry Potter related, he thought Daniel would probably enjoy the small prank, too. 

“ONGIEEEEEEE” The trainees all whipped their heads towards the shriek of his name.  The culprit was a skipping Jisung, face bright and eyes excited.  The jovial boy reached Seongwoo in no time, clearly looking for someone else as his eyes searched the area surrounding Seongwoo.  “Where’s Daniel?  I thought he’d be with you?”

Seongwoo hesitantly pointed towards Daniel, who was at the opposite side of the gym.

“DANIEL!”  Jisung screamed again as he waved the youngest MMO trainee over to where they were.

It was obvious Jisung had something exciting to tell them by the way his feet were peddling in place, never stopping for a second.

Before Daniel could even reach the group, Jisung began, “GUYS LOOK! ONGNIEL”

The exhilarated boy continuously pointed and scrolled through his twitter. 

“What’s an Ongniel?”  Seongwoo asked, not quite catching on. 

He peered at Daniel who was equally as confused until he saw his mouth pop open in realization.  “You mean like Winkdeep?”  Daniel asked as he pointed to the two innocent and wide-eyed boys sitting on the floor.

“Yes!” Jisung confirmed, who was now flailing his arms around.  “You guys are the new ship everyone is raving about!”

Seongwoo’s ears grew pink.  Him and Daniel, a ship?  Didn’t that mean the fans thought they were together or something?

Daniel’s smile widened, eyes disappearing.  He caught Seongwoo’s eyes, walked over to him, and gave him a giant bear hug.  Letting go, he exclaimed, “Hyung!  Look how close we are that they like our bromance!”

If Seongwoo was smiling, it was gone now.  Bromance, that’s all Daniel thought was between them.  Nothing less and nothing more. 

Noticing that Seongwoo was upset, Daniel cocked his head to the side in confusion, “Sorry, does that make you uncomfortable?  I guess I don’t think about personal space sometimes...”

“N-No!” Seongwoo waved his hands to negate Daniel’s words.  “I just was surprised is all!” he nervously chuckled.  Seongwoo made a small note in the back of his head to search the ongniel tag on twitter later that night, aiming to save every picture with him and Daniel together.

“Ships?” A voice came from behind them.  “Disgusting,” the voice sneered.  Turning around, the trio found a cute boy with a scrunched up look of revulsion on his face.  “What’s so great about the fans thinking we’re gay together?”

It was Haknyeon.  Ever since Jisung made it a point to stay away from the boy on the first day, Seongwoo took the warning to heart.  However, he realized Haknyeon wasn’t looking at them, but glaring at the two on the ground.  Jihoon was angrily glowering back, and Jinyoung was credulously looking between the two.

“Go home and play with your pigs, Haknyeon.”  Jihoon remarked through clenched teeth.

“Why don’t you go and make out with your boyfriend, Jihoon,” Haknyeon spat.

Jisung, the ever-caring mother figure had already had enough.  “Alright you two.  That’s enough for today.”

As Jisung was dragging the livid farm boy away, Jihoon yelled, “And he’s not my boyfriend, you prick!”

Haknyeon stuck his tongue out before rounding the corner.

Seongwoo didn’t miss the disappointed look Jinyoung expressed on his face that Jihoon so clearly did, his eyes glued to the retreating figure.

Seongwoo didn’t really think anything of the boys’ quarrel since it happened almost daily.  No one was really a big fan of Haknyeon, but that was especially true of Jihoon.  Seongwoo wasn’t quite sure what happened between the two of them, but he was beginning to think there was some sort of love triangle going on.  However, he never pried, as it was none of his business.

Hakneyon was a really talented individual, but it was well known throughout the trainees of Produce 101 that he didn’t really take the show seriously and never practiced.  The enigma about it was that he performed perfectly.  How he did it, Seongwoo was sure no one would ever know.

“You know what?” Jisung asked as he came back, wiping his hands off as if it was a job well done, “Let’s have some fun tonight.  Who’s with me?”

Later that night, Jisung’s version of fun included cards and beer with the older members of the show.  The boys had snuck into an empty classroom-sized room to play in. 

“Cheers to our performance in three days,” Jisung raised his can, everyone else following his movements. 

“CHEERS!”

Seongwoo’s alcohol tolerance was a bit on the low side, but compared to Daniel, it was weak.  The first game they decided to play was Kings, where they had to do something different every time they drew a different numbered poker card.  Seongwoo’s favorite card to draw was the Jack because that was the ‘Never have I ever’ card.  He would get to learn very interesting things about the other trainees.

“4!” Jonghyun held the card up as his other hand went to touch the floor.

Everyone had successfully touched the floor, except Minki, who had completely fallen off his chair, his face eating the floor.

“I think Minki is done for the night.  I’m gonna take him back to his dorm.”  Donho lifted and carried the small pretty boy on his shoulder like a sack of potatoes.

“Ok Jaehwan, you’re next!” Sungwoon sang next to the younger boy, who had his arm securely wrapped around Sungwoon’s narrow shoulders. 

Seongwoo made a second mental note for the day to remember never to put the two intoxicated main vocalists next to each other when drinking ever again.  All they wanted to do was flirt and sing greasy ballads to each other.  Taehyun had left a while ago in great displeasure.

They weren’t the only ones, though.  A well-know couple that had been together for years already was Minhyun and Jonghyun.  They had been innocently pecking each other’s cheeks and lips or slightly caressing their thighs and hands.  It was cute, but it made Seongwoo want physical affection for himself.  He tipsily sighed once again at the oblivious Daniel who was seated right next to him

“8!” Jaehwan swayed his arm in the air.  “Yeaaaaa I get to pick someone to drink with me!”  He teasingly made eye contact with everyone in the room and picked the most sober trainee. 

“God Daniel!”  And so the two boys took a swig of their beers.

Sungwoon picked a 3, which meant that only the person who drew the card drank.

Next was Seongwoo’s turn.  He shouted in joy as he picked his beloved Jack card.

“Never have I ever!  Daniel starts!”  Seongwoo wiggled excitedly in his seat.  The boys held up 3 fingers.

“Uhhh.  Never have I ever eaten waffles.”  Daniel dumbly looked around the room at the irritated players.

“Who the hell hasn’t eaten waffles before?”  Jaehwan shrieked as Sungwoon giggled into his shoulder.  Everyone put his finger down except Daniel.

“To hell with waffles, let’s do the good stuff.”  Jisung rubbed his hands together in delight.  “Never have I ever used chocolate during .”  A chorus of groans filled the air as a couple trainees put their fingers down.

“The do you use then?” Jaehwan asked in irritation. 

“Peanut butter!”  Jisung piped up.  “It tastes better and lasts longer,” he slurred while attempting to seductively wiggle his eyebrows.

That wasn’t exactly what Seongwoo had hoped to learn about the members, but he couldn’t be too greedy.

Minhyun turned to Jonghyun, “So uh.  What haven’t we done?” 

Jonghyun’s face flushed red at his boyfriend’s confession and whispered into his ear.

“Ah!  Never have we- I mean.  Never have I ever had a plug in my .” Minhyun announced.

Jaehwan put down his last finger and took a drink.  Jonghyun attempted to sneakily put down his finger without notice, but Jisung was well aware. 

“Minhyun!?  Jisung gaped in horror.

Seongwoo didn’t realize his fellow trainees were so ual.  Sure, he wasn’t new to , but he wasn’t thaaat experienced.  He suddenly wondered what all Daniel had done before.

Once the other three before him went, it was finally Seongwoo’s turn.  He did a basic question, “Never have I ever had with a girl.” 

No one was caught by his question.  “Seriously? We were all gay from birth?”

The other members laughed except Daniel, who was seriously gearing up for his own question.  “Never have I ever had .”

The room grew completely silent, all astonished eyes on Daniel.

Seongwoo put his last finger down, along with everyone else who wasn’t already out exempting Daniel.  Ignoring the stares, Daniel chirped, “Welp, guess I won!”

Seongwoo had fallen over in surprise, staring up at the ceiling.  Huh?  Never… had ?  Ever?  What lie was Seongwoo living.  He sat up and looked Daniel up and down.  How nice it would be to be Daniel’s first.

The game eventually came to an end, and Seongwoo was the one who had to chug the full beer at the end.  His wits were quickly leaving him.  Luckily, though, the alcohol was beginning to take a toll on Daniel, too.  The skinship between the two was getting heavier and heavier.

The two NU’EST boys left after Kings was over, so it was just the five of them left.  Technically just three since Jaehwan and Sungwoon were in their own little world half the time.  Seongwoo didn’t understand how Sungwoon could drink so much alcohol with his little body.  He fit perfectly in Jaehwan’s lap, though. 

Jealous, Seongwoo leaned further and further into Daniel until he literally had to wrap his arm around Seongwoo’s shoulders to keep him upright.  In concern, Daniel mumbled, “You okay?”

Seongwoo rubbed his head into his arm like a cat that wanted to be pet, “Mmm comfy.”

Daniel chuckled and began playing with his dark locks.  If Seongwoo could purr, he most definitely would.

Jisung looked between the two couples in irritation.  “Yah!  Are we just gonna flirt or are we gonna play some games??”

Seongwoo sat more upright, signaling to Jisung that he was ready to begin a new game.  Since there was an odd amount of players, they just stuck to a fiery game of spoons.  Daniel won every single time, and Seongwoo wasn’t having it.

“Daniel-ah!  You can’t be that good you need to drink more!” Seongwoo got up on his knees in Daniel’s face in confrontation, not realizing how close he actually was when they ended up bumping noses.  The two stood still, not moving an inch, both staring each other in the eyes.  Seongwoo’s hands, which were already located on Daniel’s thighs, slowly inched up higher.  Seongwoo glanced at Daniel’s lips, and leaned forward a bit.

Suddenly, Daniel grabbed Seongwoo’s shoulders and sat him down across from him.  “And maybe you shouldn’t have anymore,” he nervously giggled in response.

Even his drunk mind realized he was rejected.  Seongwoo swiftly, but not surely, stood up to leave, “Goodnight.”  And he ran.

Seongwoo knew he was a pouter when he drank, knew his emotions would not stay in check if something like this happened.  He didn’t want the others to see him like this, so he decided running was the only thing to do.

“Seongwoo!”  A distant voice quietly shouted after him.  “Seongwoo!”  Heavy footsteps were following after him.

His heart doubled in speed.  No.  Now was not the time to be caught.  He couldn’t go to his dorm or else he’d be found.  He needed a hiding spot.  Any room, any closet, just anywhere in general where no one could find him would be great.

However, he was caught.  His follower yanked Seongwoo around and forced him against the wall so he couldn’t escape.  Seongwoo, wildly clawed and bit to get his release, was not able to move his attacker even an inch.

“Hold still would you?”

It was Daniel.  Of course it was Daniel.  It was always Daniel!

Seongwoo stopped and gave up; it was no use.  Daniel was stronger and less intoxicated.  “Leave me alone,” Seongwoo whispered in defeat.

“No.  We need to talk.  That.  Back there.  What was that?”  Daniel wasn’t asking because he didn’t know.  He wanted Seongwoo to answer for himself.

“You rejected me,” Seongwoo bluntly admit, looking everywhere but at Daniel.  He was going to regret everything in the morning.  Their friendship was ruined.

Daniel huffed in frustration and let Seongwoo go, backing up a bit from the drunk boy.  “That’s what I was afraid of.”

Knowing Seongwoo had already gone too far, he really didn’t have anything to lose anymore, “Why?  Why are you afraid?  If you don’t like me just tell me!”

And in full force, Daniel was back upon him, hot breath tickling Seongwoo’s ear, “The problem,” another huff of breath, “Is that I do.” 

Seongwoo’s breath caught in his throat, heart racing once more.  “Bu-“

“The problem.”  Daniel paused once more, soft cheek against Seongwoo’s, “Is that I ha-“

Seongwoo didn’t want to hear anymore; he just wanted to feel, so his solution was to crash his lips against Daniel’s.

At first, Daniel didn’t respond, not until Seongwoo stuck his tongue inside his mouth.  Daniel’s will was completely crushed.  He throatily groaned, gave in, and started moving his warm, moist lips with Seongwoo’s.  Daniel pressed himself up against the smaller, leaving no room between the two of them.  Seongwoo grabbed a fistful of Daniel’s blonde hair and yanked, causing Daniel to open his mouth even wider, allowing Seongwoo more room to access, to , to taste, to explore.  The addicting flavor of peaches and cinnamon was thick on his tongue; he wanted more.

However, Daniel bit down hard on Seongwoo’s lower lip and nibbled to numb the pain, causing Seongwoo to gasp and follow up with a low moan of pleasure at the tenderness. Daniel broke the kiss, leaving a wet trail of kisses on his sharp jawline.  He craned his neck up to let Daniel have access to his neck, who nipped and greedily. 

The blonde started on a sweet spot when a voice spoke from behind them, “I wouldn’t do that if I were you.”

It was Jisung.  The two boys jumped in surprise and leapt away from each other, caught red-handed.

Jisung chuckled before walking straight past them to his dorm, still talking, “Just don’t leave a mark.”  And he was gone.

Jisung had completely ruined the mood they had created, the heat flowing through their excited and adrenaline packed bodies quickly cooling down. 

“Maybe we should just… go to bed?” Daniel offered, not sure exactly how to mend the awkward silence.

Seongwoo quietly nodded, not sure yet if he should feel regretful or hopeful.

“Good choice,” a shrill whisper slithered through the hallway.  The two boys shivered.

The two finally went to bed, cursing Jisung under their breath.