No Problem (Chapter 3)

Lust for Friendship

 

Image result for jang wooyoung

 

Chapter 3


 

It was Friday when I finally saw Ji eun in one of our classes together. She didn't go to any of her classes yesterday probably because of what happened at the restaurant. I tried contacting her last night but she won't answer my calls. I went to her house but her mom told me that Ji eun went to bed so early. That was around 8 pm so I was positive that her mom lied to me. Ji eun probably asked her mom to tell me that. So, I decided I won't call her.

As I tried to chase her so I could sit next to her, Jung Kook bumped my shoulder and quickly sat next to Ji eun. I clench my fist out of anger that I wanna swing a punch to this guy who loves to sit with Ji eun. This guy is a jerk. He is one of the jerks on campus so technically he's like me. And I don't like the sight of him sitting next to Ji eun. He keeps bugging her about going on a date with him. As if Ji eun will go. Like I said Ji eun hates guys who ask her out on a date. She prefers to study instead of the thought of going on a date.

As I make my way inside the classroom, I sat behind Ji eun. I can see Jung Kook making his moves.

"Hey, miss beautiful. How's your morning dear?" Jung Kook asked Ji eun.

She was taking out her notes, "I'm fine." she said coldheartedly. I secretly laughed. 

"Well, sounds like you're not. Maybe we can grab a coffee after class? How's that sound?"

"Sorry, I'm too busy as you can see," she pointed to all her notes on her desk. "Plus, I'm not a coffee person. You can just go by yourself."

Jung Kook scoffed. "If you don't want coffee we can just do something else..." He put his right hand on to her shoulder.

I just shook my head thinking to myself that he's dead. Ji eun doesn't like it when people touch her. But after what he did, she didn't do anything which I am surprised. What is happening? I asked myself.

Ji eun turned her head to Jung Kook. "Like I said I'm too busy."

"Come on, babe."

I looked at him in disgust for calling her that way. Why are you calling her babe? That's disgusting. I told myself. But then I realized I call her that way as well. Oh Wooyoung, you are a disgusting little fella.

Jung Kook moves closer to Ji eun and whispered to her ear. I didn't hear what he said but it happened too fast when Ji eun pushed his head away from hers. Some of the people around us started looking. Oh, you are dead, Jung Kook. I told myself again as I was trying to hold my laugh. 

"I told you I'm busy and I don't want coffee. And for your information, I'm not one of those girls who you can just pick up and willing to go out with you. I am not stupid Mr. Jeon Jung Kook. Now if you can get out of my face before I punch you." 

Everyone saw what happened. They were in shocked yet they cheered in a playful way from what Ji eun did. Jung Kook got out of the room with embarrassment haunting. He deserves it. Now that Ji eun doesn't have anyone by her side, I moved up and sat next to her. 

"That was awesome!" Raising my right hand waiting for her to give me a high five. Instead, I got a cold-hearted look. "Or maybe not.." I put down my hand. 

Our professor came in and everybody took out their notes. I didn't have to since I can just copy what Ji eun writes down on her organized notebook. Unlike mine, it's a mess. 

"What are you doing here?" Ji eun asked. I could tell she's annoyed by the thought of me sitting next to her with the way she asked me that question. 

"Having a class with you. Isn't that obvious?" I said.

"Well, if you're really in for the class why you keep staring at me as if you wanna spit something out of your lips." She looked at me while her eyebrows raised giving me that judgemental look which I hate the most whenever she does it. "Wooyoung, I've got nothing to say to you. You don't listen very well. So why should I bother to tell you what you should do right and wrong?" She went back on taking notes. 

"You know me very well. It just happened that girl was in there last night. I deleted her number and wasn't expecting to see her in that restaurant. I was totally surprised because that girl never goes to cheap restaurants you know because she's rich." 

"I don't care about that." Ji eun turned her head to me. "You know the bad thing you did last night yet here you are you don't wanna spit it out."

"I know, I know." 

"I told you before that you should not have with someone and have me waiting for you. This is the second time. You told me it's never gonna happen again. But your ing just couldn't stop to get hard when you see a y girl." 

"My ? lol." I laughed. Ji eun frowned when I laughed. 

"It's not funny, Wooyoung. Maybe it is for you. But the thought of you having with a girl is disgusting. I mean what do I know about guys, right? You just can't go with your days without ing someone." 

"Hey, you are being harsh here." 

"Whatever. You know what I said is right." Ji eun raised her hand to answer the math problem in the board. 

Yep, I screwed up again. It's the second time it happened. Well, last time it wasn't too bad because I was supposed to pick up Ji eun from her house as we promised to watch a movie together. But then one of the girls I used to have showed up and we started flirting and had . After that, I went to Ji eun's house and she asked me a bunch of questions as I was running out of excuses I told her the truth. I promised that it won't happen again but tadah! It happened last night. I'm such a . 

Ji eun got back to her table, "I'm in no position to get mad I know. But you promised. And I am disgusted with you right now." She moved to another seat leaving me beside a nerd girl wearing braces looking like Betty la fea. (It's a Colombian show ^^)

 

* * * 

 

I just got off my work from the convenience store. I am glad to be out of that place, all the customers are flirting with me. I am not in the mood to flirt with anyone right now. Especially from what happened earlier this morning with Ji eun. It didn't go well. I didn't even say I was sorry. What a jerk! 

So now I'm off to work and had nothing to do, I decided to stop by to Ji eun's part-time job. She is currently working at a coffee shop as a cash register. I'm gonna surprise her. She will be pissed but the hell I care.

I stopped by a gift shop and bought a cute tiny stuff toy that reminded me of her. So, I bought it and head straight to Union Cafe. I started driving and reach there after 10 minutes of driving. 

I got out of my car and opened the door. And holy cow, there's a lot of people in line. Sure is this coffee shop is a famous place for tourists. It's downtown in Seoul. The place is cool and very elegant looking. There is music playing. And for the first time, I hear an actual person singing. Her voice sounds so good. It may an actual singer since I'm in downtown Seoul. She's giving me goosebumps. 

The girl is singing Time After Time by Cyndi Lauper. I couldn't see who is singing because of the crowd but damn she is very good. I forgot that I am here to see Ji eun. That voice is very angelic. I need to see her face. I tried to squeeze myself from the crowd. And as I get a closer look at the angelic voice, a guy got pushed and so did I. Just then, the girl finished singing. And finally, I saw the girl but only could see her back figure. Damn it. 

That girl gave me chills. Now I need to know who the girl is. I am so curious. 

"Can you move forward?" The lady behind me asked me with annoyance. 

"Sorry." 

The line has become shorter as one of the staff started helping them out. Well, I'm glad because I have no intention of getting any drinks because I am simply here because of Ji eun. As I am getting closer to the counter, I saw Ji eun's figure. She's wearing this cute brown apron and a cap looking cute with it. Ji eun saw me chuckling as I waved up to her. She's helping another customer when another guy who works there called me so he could take my order. Yet I let the person behind me for her to go because I wanna be able to talk to Ji eun if I'm gonna order.

She is still helping the customer but I keep letting other people go. Ji eun is giving me a dirty look. She looks pissed that I showed up. That's okay I don't care. She should be happy jeez. 

When she is finally done with the customer, I gave her a huge smile as I took out the tiny stuff toy that I bought. "Surprised!" I said. 

"Hello sir, what can I get you for today?" 

I frowned. "Uhm, Ji eun, you don't have to call me sir."

"We got hot and cold drinks and we can do special orders as well." She's ignoring me.

"Look, I came here to say sorry, okay?" 

"This is not a good time Wooyoung. Can't you see we are busy at the moment? Or are you just really that ignorant to see that?" Ji eun said softly trying to manage her facial expression. 

I guess she's gonna kick me out if I keep talking to her about how sorry I am. Like a genius I thought of something that could help me in this situation I am having right now. "Happy Anniversary baby. I got this cute piggy stuff toy for you."

The girls in the line are in awe. It worked. 

"What?" Ji eun was confused.

"I am deeply sorry to show up like this. I guess I just can't wait to surprise you with lots of gifts I got for you. I love you, baby." People start cheering for us and I could see Ji eun's face it was all red. Now I feel bad.

Ji eun walked out and talked to one of her colleagues. They switched places and she drags me out of the coffee shop. We were outside when I accidentally dropped the stuff toy. I picked it up and when I was about to give it to Ji eun, her face was all red.

"What were you doing out there? Are you crazy?" 

"I told you I am crazy." I laughed. She shook her head as she tried to hold her laugh.

"I forgive you, Wooyoung. It's not that hard for me not to forgive me. You know me too well." She grabbed the piggy toy out of my hand. 

"Well, I am glad to know that. I am deeply sorry Ji eun. I promise! It won't happen again. Ever!" 

"It's better if you don't make any promises, Wooyoung."

"No problemo. I got it, ma'am." We both laughed.

This is one of the reasons why it's hard for me to get involved with Ji eun even more than just a friend. I'm afraid that I'm gonna break her heart all the way. We should be just friends. At least no feelings attachment. She's so fragile. If you do something bad she breaks up easily. She cries easily. And I hate it when I see her broken. That's just how I love my best friend.

Until one day....