Noise

I Must Be Crazy

This isn’t going to work, Sana thinks as she slams her earphones onto the table, standing from her seat.

 

“It’s like she has some addiction,” Sana grumbles under her breath to no one in particular, wincing when a particularly loud moan passes through her wall. Grabbing her keys – she doesn’t think that Mina would be particularly delighted to deliver her spare keys to Sana’s dorm at 2 am if Sana gets locked out again – she exits her dorm.

 

She’s quite sure her neighbour, a Japanese girl called Hirai Momo, has some issues, or at least a major case of inconsideration and an addiction to . Sana, resident of dorm room 613, has never met or talked to Momo, resident of dorm room 611, though. She’s heard plenty about her, due to the fact that Momo is desired by at least 75 percent of the entire school campus and that all the foreigners know the others from their country through various connections by default. Also, they have a few common friends here and there. However, the fact that Momo tends to leave her dorm at unholy hours of the night, only to come back a few hours later, either at another unholy time of night, or even morning doesn’t help with the fact that Momo takes a major that places her right across the campus from where Sana usually is, if Momo even goes to her classes in the first place. Sana also doesn’t have any desire to talk to Momo, since the only times she ever sees the girl is when she’s drunk and has her hand on some random girl’s assets at parties.

 

Sana’s tolerated Momo for the past few months, ever since said girl moved from another block and into the room next door for reasons she doesn’t care enough to know. But Sana has her last thousand word essay – out of the five she’s had since a month ago – to complete in the next three days which could either save Sana’s GPA that’s hanging on the cliff of 3.8, or throw it into the ditch for Sana to attempt to pick up through extra credit. Sana thinks she’s been patient enough, since she’s managed to complete four essays even in the past three weeks where she’s camped at various friends’ dorms and the campus library because her inconsiderate neighbour had been ing the same, extremely loud girl and disrupting her concentration. So, Sana decides, with sore ears from max-volume music playing in her ears accompanied with loud , that she’s had enough.

 

Sana bangs on the door with the plate number 611, frown etched on her face as she hears the loud continue. She wonders for a second, if the other residents are wearing high quality ear plugs and has never bothered to share them, but the thought gets cut off by a yell of her inconsiderate neighbour’s name. Sana bangs on the door – louder this time – and this time she wonders if she’s heard the voice before, other than when she’s and yelling about a peach.

 

Shortly after the halts, the door opens, revealing an extremely displeased Momo with obviously messy blonde hair, frowning at Sana and grumbling out, pronounciation alike to a baby “What do you want?”

 

Sana frowns back, and she opens to retort at her neighbour’s blatant rudeness, until her eyes trail down to see that said neighbour had not bothered to make herself decent before she opened the door, leaving her full body in all its glory in Sana’s perfect view. She perhaps stares a little too hard but the other doesn’t seem to mind, if only annoyed at the fact that Sana had interrupted her fun.

 

“Hello?” Momo calls again, annoyed that Sana hadn’t said anything,“What’s your problem? I’m pretty sure you can tell that I’m busy.”

 

“Excuse me?” Sana’s eyes raise, frowning further at the other’s rudeness, “What’s my problem? My problem is that you’ve been ing a considerably loud girl every night for the past three weeks, and I have a thousand word essay to complete in the next three days that may or may not save my .”

 

Momo stays silent, and her eyes seem to scan Sana, eyes dropping to a considerably low level before it halts, and Sana follows her line of sight to see that they lead straight to her very exposed legs. Sana wants to slap herself for deciding that it was a good idea to wear the booty shorts that Dahyun had given her last Christmas – accompanied with a joke that Dahyun probably apologized to the Lord above for – to visit the addict next door.

 

“Excuse me,” Sana says, in Japanese this time, “Stop ogling at my legs and listen to me. Stop disrupting your neighbours and take that god awful girl to a motel next time you her.”

 

Momo raises her eyebrows, “You’re Japanese?”

 

Sana looks at her incredulously, “Are you even listening to what I’m saying? I’m surprised the RA hasn’t reported you yet.”

 

At this, Momo snickers, eyes looking into her room, “The RA’s pretty busy these days.”

 

“Nayeon?” Sana scoffs, “For ’s sake, Nayeon— Alright, fine. You either get both your asses somewhere else if you want to keep ing or I’ll tell Jihyo that Nayeon’s been neglecting her duties.”

 

“Oh ,” Nayeon exclaims, and Sana hears a bunch of bumps in the room, “Momo, stop. We can’t let Jihyo know. I’d lose my position and education.”

 

Sana has a smug smile on her face as Momo groans, “Where are we even going to find some other place?”

 

Nayeon appears behind Momo, hiding her presumably body and she gives Sana a look, “Please don’t tell Jihyo.”

 

Sana gives Nayeon a look, “You two have been disrupting my peace for the past three weeks, you’re lucky I’m even giving you a choice.”

 

Nayeon flashes her gummy smile, and Sana finally realizes that her neighbour is still very , and she looks away, “And next time, don’t open the door .”

 

Momo gives her a smile, “I’ll try.”

 

Sana nods, turning to head back into her dorm, and as she opens the door and is about to step in, she hears.

 

“You’re cute, by the way!”

 

And the door next to hers shuts close as heat spreads across her face.