Today is the day

Recipe for Disaster [One-Shot]

 

Today is his birthday.

The day that Lee Taemin finally turns legal.

And I, Lee Jinki, have been waiting for this ever since I passed him in the hallways during his freshman year and I was a junior. I would have confessed before I graduated high school, but unfortunately I turned legal before I had the chance- and I did not want to be sent to jail for being a e. So now he’s a high school senior and I am a college junior- wait what? Am I really that old??

Well whatever, love has no boundaries.

I awkwardly stood in front of Taemin’s school gate, carrying bag full of homemade cookies, which took ing forever to make. I ended up ruining some of my favorite pajamas from all the mess I made, burning myself a couple of times, and restarting the whole thing from scratch three times, but hopefully it’s all worth it because I made these cookies with love.

I looked over to my watch, perfect; they should be coming out soon. And one by one, the students started to file out of the doors, and my eyes glanced over every student, making sure I didn’t miss Taemin. Oh my God, I would cry if I didn’t give him these cookies today.

But I found him, ears plugged in, blasting his music, and to my misfortune, he carried a number of baked goods and other presents in his hand. I started feeling self conscious about my cheesy attempt of decorating my clumpy cookies. Not to mention my lame note attached onto it that contains my confession and other fluff… Maybe I shouldn’t give it to him….

Before I had time to chicken out, Taemin was walking closer, and I gathered all of my courage to go up to him.

I took a deep breath, stepping in front of him. He stopped and looked at me questioningly- I feel like I’m going to melt, he’s so beautiful, “I- uh- I want to say…”

“Well?” Taemin ushered, his patience slowly draining as he fiddled with his ear buds, but his eyes fell upon my cookies, “Are those for me?” He pointed.

I blushed, shaking my head, “Uh- Yes! I made them for you for your birthday, so—Happy Birthday!” Handing it to him.

There was a glint in his eye, and he had one of the most adorable smirks I’ve ever seen as he looked inspected the cookies with interest, but for a second his smile faltered, but it returned a second later. Then he looked over to me, “Wait, did you use to go here?”

I shook my head once again, and he continued, “Ah, I think I remember seeing you before,” Taemin said, “Did you make these by yourself?”

“Y-Yes,” I managed to say, damn I’m so pathetic.

He only smiled again. “Thanks,” And he waved goodbye, placing the ear buds back on.

Well, that was easy. I guess I can now wait and see his answer, since I also wrote down my number on the confession. But what if he doesn’t eat them? Or what if he doesn’t like them? What if he doesn’t contact me afterwards? Ugh—Must not think negative thoughts Jinki. Just… Just hope for the best.

 

Okay, so you guys know that I confessed to Taemin not too long ago right? Well, I got a phone call- no not from Taemin, I wish, but from his mother. Oh God, that doesn’t sound good right? Well it’s not.

So Taemin’s mother called me, yelling and crying into the phone telling me that Taemin is in the hospital.

Oh no-no wait, it gets better.

The reason as to why Taemin is in the hospital is because of an allergic reaction that he had to nuts… which were found in my cookies.

Look! How the hell am I supposed to know that he was allergic to nuts? I blame Martha ing Stewart since in one of her cooking videos she suggested that it would add great texture and flavoring to the cookies, and now Taemin is in the hospital because of me (and that ). I feel so bad- no bad is an understatement, I feel so ing horrible. And not only that, but I also feel embarrassed because Taemin’s mother read my note!

I feel like hiding underneath a rock and rotting there until I die and go to Hell, but too bad my conscious won’t let me, and it’s forcing me to actually go visit Taemin at the hospital and go on my knees and beg for Taemin’s forgiveness.

And that’s what I’m going to do.

I dressed my best, well not exactly the best, but pretty darn presentable, and I stopped by the flower shop on the way to the hospital- Hopefully he isn’t allergic to flowers too.

I walked up to the front desk, asking the nurse which room Taemin was in and I made my way to his room. Luckily when I found the room, his mother wasn’t there to and most likely kill me. I see Taemin probably sleeping on his bed- I mean his eyes were closed, but as I approached his bed side, his ear buds were in. This kid is always listening to music.

He probably heard me coming in, and he took out his ear buds, but his eyes were still closed, “Mom, how many times do I have to tell you that you don’t have to come with me to the bathroom to wash my ?”  

I awkwardly stood there, I don’t know if I should laugh at or be embarrassed, “I- um…” I spoke up.

Taemin’s eyes instantly open and he quickly sat up on bed, only to lie back down clutching his stomach, “You… What are you doing here?” He asked me, his face turning red.

“Well…”

Taemin saw the flowers in my hand, “Oh…”

I sighed, “Look, Taemin, I am so sorry about my cookies. I had no idea you were allergic to nuts and you didn’t know that nuts were in them and—“

“Oh I knew there were nuts in them. I saw them in the cookies when you first gave them to me,” Taemin interrupted.

I stopped, confused, “Wait what? If you knew then why did you still eat them?”

“Because you made them,” He answered, looking away.

That only confused me even more, “But a-aren’t you allergic to nuts?”

He shook his head yes.

I scratched the back of my head, “I don’t understand…”

Taemin rolled his eyes, “Sit down,” He said, pointing to the chair beside the bed, “I guess what I’m trying to say is that,” I could see Taemin’s face get progressively redder, ohhhh, “I like you too. For quite a while actually.”

“Really?”

“Yeah, I wanted to tell you, but you graduated. So when I saw you again, you don’t know how happy I was that you actually like me,” He admitted.

I couldn’t help, but smile at him as he smiled back at me, “So you read my note?” I asked.

Taemin’s smile turned into a dangerous smirk, from under his pillow he took out a familiar letter and began reading out loud, “My dearest Taemin. Today is your 18th birthday, and today is the day in which I will finally come out to you and say how much I have been in love with you ever since your freshman year. My love for you burns with the passion of a thousand suns—“

My eyes widen as my face heated up from embarrassment, “Yah! Stop reading it out loud!” I yelled as I lunged forward.

He pulled his hand away and as I was hovering over him, he used his free hand to snake his arm around my waist, bringing me closer to him. I met his eyes, our face so close to each other. And to my surprise, Taemin leaned his head up, meeting my lips. I never knew he would be the type to take the first initiative, nor did I knew that his lips would be this soft.

We started getting friskier, playing with each others’ tongues as Taemin’s hands began wandering my body. It felt like heaven- a dream that came true.

But all of a sudden, the back of my head felt like it had been hit by a brick, causing my face to collide onto Taemin’s nose, both of us twirled around to see who interrupted.

.

It was Taemin’s mom who looked rather pissed off and shocked at the same time. I mean, I was the reason as to why Taemin was in the hospital, and she just witnessed me and her son in a full out make out session, so…

“Er…” I gulped, “H-Hello Mrs. Lee, might I say you look absolutely ravishing today?”

----------

Aha, short fic. Bleh just wrote it today. I felt like writing some sort ontae fluff to take a breather from my chaptered stories. *Back to writing other stories*