Fairytales always end with 'Happily ever after'

A tale as old as time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It is a few weeks into their relationship and Mina finds herself drowning. No, not the cliche drowning in Momo's love, but literally drowning, in a pool of soft toys, since Momo made every week an anniversary week. From penguins to polar bears, people would've thought that she has travelled the world, given the number of soft toys she has, and she loves every single one of them. They all smells like Momo. Since they have not told the members, they couldn't switch rooms without raising suspicions. Momo made it a point to hug every soft toy to sleep before giving it to Mina, so that Mina could hug them and be reminded of her.

 

 

In front of all the members, Mina would always call Momo her 'Momo unnie', in a really sweet way because she's become increasingly clingy. Clingy and possessive. But she has all the reasons to, since Momo is a charmer and always surrounded by people that is not her.

 

 

Lately, it has gotten worst. Momo's dance is so widely recognised many boy group members are asking their companies to allow them to hold a collab stage with her princess. Mina should be happy for her, Mina is, she really is, albeit slightly possessive and very jealous. Mina's not the type to voice her thoughts a lot, and so she just quietly tried to win Momo's heart back (not that it was taken away). And if there is one thing Mina is bad at, it is aegyo.

 

 

It's past 11pm, and she knows Momo isn't back.

 

 

When Momo comes home after dance practice, she never forgets to secretly creep into Mina's room and kiss her cheeks. Mina will always be awake until that, though feigning asleep was a good skill she learnt ages ago. But since there's no goodnight kiss, she couldn't sleep, or rather she's really bothered because her roommates aren't back. They had gone out to have jokbal and drink together because Sana had love problems that Momo is determined to solve.

 

 

Why didn't Mina tag along? Because of reasons, reasons like Momo's birthday coming soon and she had been preparing a dance for her girlfriend.

 

 

No, not ballet. It's a special medley of all the boygroup cover dances Momo has done.

 

 

Mina doesn't like having too many people around either, she doesn't like crowded places a lot, she likes Momo being around, but she can't have her princess peach around as she practices her dance. Hence she turned down the jokbal meal and told Momo to enjoy herself, staying behind to practise for a good two hours. You would think the jokbal group would've returned by now, given that they were preparing for their Signal comeback. But it's 11:30pm now, and no sign of her Momo unnie.

 

 

*click*

 

 

*footsteps*

 

 

*laughter*

 

 

*kissing sounds*

 

 

*Momo's drunken voice*

 

 

Wait, wait. Wait, what? Why is Momo the one who is drunk?

 

 

A million thoughts ran through Mina's mind, did Momo drink so much that she's giggling like that? And isn't Sana the one with love problems. Or is it Sana's love problems were about Momo and she confessed and drugged her precious princess Peach? That must be it! Mina's eyes sealed shut in sadness. The kissing noises from before were ringing in her head... did someone else steal Momo's first kiss on the lips? Momo said she's saving it for her future wife...

 

 

Her room door creaked open to reveal her roommates and princess. Light shone in through the door's openings and Mina's eyes feel like they were being torn open, intact she's sealed it shut and its bringing with tears that burned her eyes. She's just praying that her eyes don't become swollen, and she keeps them close forcefully despite the pain. To Mina, opening her eyes mean that her nightmare has come to life.

 

 

But she did, because the room had suddenly become ridiculously silent, and shrouded in a comfortable darkness.

 

 

Mina sees her fairytale become a nightmare. Her precious Momo unnie is sleeping in Sana's bed, drunk and smiling to herself. Sana, however, is nowhere in the room, which is confusing to Mina, but doesn't matter, she's meters away from her girlfriend for the first time in forever and she just wants to cuddle with Momo is her bed and tell all her members that Momo is taken and Hirai Momo belongs to her and her only, princess Momo belongs to princess Myoui.

 

 

Then the room door opens again, revealing Sana who is dressed in a pinkish night gown that Momo had bought for her. Did Momo buy clothes for Sana too? Is she not the only one in Momo's heart? She quickly shuts her eyes in disbelief. It had hurt her so much. So so much.

 

 

What came next was worst. Sana walks up to Momo who is in her bed, shaking awake the obviously drunk princess.

 

 

"Princess, can we sleep together?" Momo said with aegyo evident in her voice.

 

 

Sana seems shocked and tucked her in, replying with a soft smile instead. "Goodnights Moguri" Sana left the room, with a smile tugging at her lips.

 

 

Mina, on the other hand, felt tears streaming down face. Nevermind a swollen face, Mina felt her heart getting smashed to pieces. Mina hugs the big fluffy penguin doll Momo gave her, breathing in her princess's scent. "Momo, is happily ever after a lie?"

 

 

That was the night Mina had to do without a good night kiss on her cheeks, and it was instead filled with warm tears that turned cold in the freezing room. Without Momo, her heart is frostbitten and broken. She could not sleep that night, all she can think about is how Momo and her have been. She admits, she has been extremely jealous.

 

 

Momo is good at aegyo, definitely, she's been charming god knows how many guys and all of them have fallen for her. And Mina's a jealous little penguin pouting 24/7 seeing her princess make those type of faces at other people. Other than boys, Momo has the aura that makes even straight girls turn gay. When Momo dances, Mina knows many guys are eyeing her body lustfully and many girls have difficulty focusing on things other than her y body. When Momo wants something, she acts cute, and Mina can imagine everyone fainting inside and falling for her princess. And every time Momo does something like that, Mina gets jealous. But she will never say and Momo will never know.

 

 

Momo doesn't belong to me. Momo belongs to everyone else.

 

 

That being said, Mina was really excited after they danced together that night, "Beauty and the Beast" it's their song, special, special to the two princesses in love. Mina was ready to tell the members, and being a conservative and quiet Mina, that is a rare event. But Mina wanted to tell the world Hirai Momo belongs to Myoui Mina, lest they keep trying to steal the already taken girl. Momo hugged her and said to wait, to wait for the time to be right. Although Mina was pouting, Momo just told her to be patient.

 

 

Mina has been trying. She can't act cute, and so she got her friends to teach her. She even turned to Bam bam since he's known to be cute in got7. Her friends taught her how to be cute in 'oppaya' and other aegyo like begging for a hug. She has been working hard really, because she know she is terrible at aegyo. And Mina is waiting, waiting for the time she can impress her Momo princess.

 

 

But there is no time, because time is cruel. Her tears could not dry and it is already sunrise.

 

 

The whole day Mina was yawning. She had spent the entire morning washing her face and putting on make up to cover her swollen eyes, yet she know it's still o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter