Momo's fairytale

A tale as old as time
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Once upon a time, a beautiful princess named Mina Myoui walked gracefully into the castle. She wore a dazzling pink gown that had layer after layer, with a delicate pattern pinned on its fabric, hems carefully pressed. She is beautiful, like a fully blossomed flower, in beautiful matching pink heels. She wore a choker around her neck, as well as a beautiful necklace around her neck. A crown ,designed by the country’s most talented artist, added the finishing touch, making Mina glow like a thousand charm.

 

 

 

 

She is so amazing, she’s unreal. Mina Myoui, she’s the prettiest girl in whole universe.

 

 

 

 

Momo couldn’t helped but wish her fairytale was real. It was TWICE’s day off, which is a precious turn of events since they rarely get to take a short break like that. And what Momo liked the most about off-days is the fact that she gets to day dream. Jungyeon, her roomate, would go out for a meal with Chaeyeong and Jihyo. Sana and Tzuyu would get to have fun outside of the dorm, watching a movie, or doing everything they can, because the two members hate being caged up. Dahyun and Nayeon would go out to eat everything they could. And Mina would spend her free time practising her ballet as it is the one thing that relaxes her.

 

 

 

 

Momo? She would stay in her room, sprawled on her bed and listening to the graceful classical music in the background. Unlike the songs she likes to dance to, the music in the living room is often much more soothing and romantic. While listening to that music, she would imagine Mina, ‘her’ princess, dancing with her in a beautiful royal gown. Fat hope though, although Mina is her princess, she is not Mina’s prince.

 

 

 

 

But Momo has learnt to be contented. Being in the same group for a while now, she knows she can never confess. Firstly, she knows koreans are less likely to accept yuri (female-female couples), or any same gender couples for that matter. Secondly, she’s an idol. From Japan. In Korean. That meant she’s got to be on her best behaviour 200% of the time. Thirdly, she’s guessing Mina is straight and would find her confession disgusting. Fourthly…

 

 

 

 

While Momo has been lost in thought, a knock on the door woke her from her fairytale. She quickly sits up, legs tucked under each other in a proper sitting position.

 

 

 

 

“Hai! You can come in Mina,” she says, getting softer as she blushed unknowingly while saying her princess’s name.

 

 

 

 

“Momo unnie! Are you free now?” Mina sweetly sings. Well, shes really just talking, but to Momo, that’s a princess singing.

 

 

 

 

“Mhmm, yes?” Momo nodded, trying very hard to think of anything but Mina, because her cheeks have heated up so much she feels like she is in a sauna.

 

 

 

 

“Yay! Could you watch my dance? I would really want a second opinion on it!” Mina excitedly chirped. And Momo swears she can faint. She can barely contain her feelings listening to the princess dancing, watching her? She prays she can focus on the choreogrpahy.

 

 

 

 

She slowly gets off the bed, fixing her hair slightly and walks towards where the ballroom is. When Mina is dancing, even the living room is royal. Because Mina is royalty.

 

 

 

 

Mina passes her phone to Momo after pressing ‘play’ for the song. The song turned out to be an instrumental version of ‘Beauty and the Beast’, and Momo wonders why she hasn’t heard Mina dance to this before. Because she knows the songs Mina dance to. She has memorised it. But no, she knows she has never heard this song before.

 

 

 

 

The music plays, and Mina glides across the room, doing sauters and beautiful turns. But really, Momo was lost from the moment she held Mina’s phone.

 

 

 

 

All Momo could see is how Mina is wearing short black tights that wrapped neatly around her strong thighs. The tights were so short, even Momo had trouble trying to get rid of all the dirty thoughts flodding her brain. Mina was also wearing an oversized orange sweater, similar to the one she wore in Weekly Idol. But so much prettier, because, Mina is always pretty, but, but… Momo knows she is not making sense anymore, but she can’t, not when royalty is dancing ballet in front of her, in point shoes and a crown.

 

 

 

 

When Mina was done, she excitedly ask, “Unnie! How was it? I’ve been practising really hard for this!” And Momo could only guiltily smile and nod, because she wasn’t really paying attention to the dance.

 

 

 

 

“One question though, I’ve never heard this song before?” Momo asks without much thought, although seconds later, she realises she just revealed to Mina that she has been listening to her practice.

 

 

 

 

“Oh.” Mina pouts, inferring that she did not do a good job since Momo seems to mean that she hasn’t practiced enough. “I’ve never danced this in front of anyone. It’s special though…” Mina’s voice trailed off, hiding a certain amount of nervousness.

 

 

 

 

“Special?”

 

 

 

 

“Yea, I’m practising to impress someone…” Mina shyly confesses, a blush creeping to her cheeks as she looks down.

 

 

 

 

“Oh okay. Well, I don’t do ballet so I’m not going to give very useful comments. The only thing was that when you did the turns at the end, it might’ve been better if you turned a few more rounds, which means you end after the main melody ends, because it gives the feeling that the love goes on and on… if you know what I mean…?” Momo gave her comment. Honestly, she didn’t really pay enough attention, but she felt a need to say more.

 

 

 

 

Honestly, Momo is jealous. But she has decided loving Mina is a secret she will never tell Mina about, not anyone, no, no one will know. But Momo is jealous, that someone will get to see her princess dance like that.

 

 

 

 

But she smiles rather forcefully, giving a thumbs-up to the hardworking ballerina, who hugs her slightly,” thanks unnie! I will work on it!”

 

 

 

 

“Okie, I’m going back to my room! Momo chirps as she makes a break for it. Yes, she could stay in Mina’s hug forever, but she was afraid Mina would be able to hear her heart beating wildly.

 

 

 

 

Once back in her room, Momo notices her phone is buzzing with a message. A message from Yugyeom, from GOT7, her labelmate. She doesn’t feel like reading it, because all she could think about is that person Mina is trying to impress. That person is like a beast, trying to wreck her fairytale. She jumps onto her bed and facepalmed her pillow, closing her eyes to shut away the terrible world around her. And in her mind, her beautiful princess Mina is wearing a beautiful gown asking Momo to dance with her.

 

 

 

 

Her phone buzzed again and she decided to reply Yugyeom. Well, they were having a collab stage and Yugyeom was asking Momo if they could practise since all the JYP artist were having a day off. She quickly replied ‘yes’, deciding that she need to take breather. Packing up a towel and quickly changing into her favourite dance shorts and singlet, she decided to head out.

 

 

“Mina! I’m heading out, please help me tell the rest of the members when they come back, I might be back late!” She says as she walks towards the door. She wears her favourite pair of sneakers, tying her hair in a bun.

 

 

 

 

“Where to?”

 

 

 

 

“Yugyeom,” Momo said half heartedly as she closed the door, feeling slightly sad that she could not continue watching her fairytale.

 

 

 

 

But back in the dorm… Mina didn’t know what that burning feeling in her heart was. Or rather she knows, but convinces herself it is just the fact that she is left behind in the dorm that makes her sad. But all she could think of was… “Yugyeom’s heart?”

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile, Momo entered the dance studio to face a slightly sweating Yugyeom, wearing button ups with jeans. The quickly warmed up and started dancing. Their upcoming dance had a lot of couple moves in them, with Yugyeom hugging her in some parts, sliding his hands along her legs intimately, as well as strong powerful dance moves that required him to lift her by her waist. But Momo was fine with this, since it was dancing, and when Momo dances, its less about what the moves are, but perfecting every angle and expression. She’s a professional, except with Mina.

 

 

 

 

She thinks back to some of their group dance, such as when they had to hold hands in ‘knock knock’ in the opening, and small moments like these, she feels extremely tempted to not be professional, because its her princess. Mina takes her breath away.

 

 

 

 

When she and Yugyeom has finished dancing, she notices Yugyeom checking is phone, only to reply really excitedly.

 

 

 

 

“What’s with that smile?” Momo teasingly ask her dance partner.

 

 

 

 

“Jackson-hyung just texted me that he is going to need to perform with Mina for an originally solo stage. Something about new dance parts that needed a partner. And honestly, Jackson’s been having feelings for her since she joined. So I’m excited for him!”

 

 

 

 

A wave of disappointment came crashing down on her perfect fairytale. Mina is trying to impress a guy who likes her back.

 

 

 

 

She feels like she’s lost all energy to dance, like a spell’s been cast such that she can no longer move. She is beyond jealous, and also beyond helpless. But she is quickly reminded that this is not her dorm room, nor is she alone.

 

 

 

 

“Say, Momo, do you know how to hold people by their waist? I mean I know you dance the girl parts, so usually your dance partner will hold your waist. But you know in order to turn or spin many rounds, you need a partner to hold you. Have you ever trieed holding someone?” Yugyeom ask with a smirk on his face.

 

 

 

 

“No…” Momo’s voice trailed off as she realises why Mina needs Jackson to help. It was because of those extra turns she talked about, and suddenly she reliases how stupid she was, to give those advice that sent her crush into the arms of a beast.

 

 

 

 

“I can teach! I’ve seen people doing it!” Yugyeom proudly declares. Momo, still felling dejected, decided that it wouldn’t hurt to try. She compli

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter